Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Wiz2 because the lethargy’s attribute that buffs all pyro skills (except fireball and hell breath, thats why i didnt choose pyro3), and sleep attribute to buff some summons.

If you want a Sorc3 and still be invited into high end parties, then take Linker3.

Linker is a lot more in demand than Thauma for high end parties (CM7, World Boss). And since Linkers can’t have more than one of their self-links (Phys Link, Spirit Chain, Spirit Shock) active at a time, having more Linkers isn’t going to be a problem since a Magic-centric World Boss party would want to at least have both Physical Link for survivability and Spirit Chain for +30% Magic Damage present (Lifeline is a plus).

A Thauma3 Sorc3 getting partied with the meta Linker3 Thauma3 gets you overshadowed. Linker3 Sorc3 partying with Linker3 Thauma3 has no issues. And even if you both have RC at your last rank, that’s still good since one RC can’t keep ROI ROD and ROP up on their own.

Heck you can even add a Linker3 Chrono3 to the mix and there’s still no problem. The Sorc3 on Spirit Shock (because he has the highest Matk), and the other two alternating Spiritual Lifeline and Physical Link. One slot for an Elelock, another for a Healer.

1 Like

Have atleast +11 primus or above weapon with trans 7+ any build is viable.

I play sorc3 with cryo3.

Actually you’ll only be overshadowed if a Thaum3 with higher SPR/INT than you is in the party; just because someone is also thaum3 does not mean their buffs are better.

But yes, going linker or chrono in a support sorc build has a built in “will fit in any party” insurance.

Although chrono can’t be paired with sorc3 yet though sadly.

Isn’t ROP only for you, and you’ll never be able to keep it up on your own unless you have a chrono anyway?

You’ll be overshadowed because a Linker3 Thauma3 will bring buffs that have both INT and SPR at very high values because of Lifeline.

Rune of Protection can be shared through Spiritual Chain

That’s cool I didn’t know spiritual chain shared it.

If your SPR is higher than the Linker3’s then no, you won’t be overshadowed since lifeline will still use your SPR and the other members’ INT right?

Yes but either your three circles of Thauma, or his, won’t matter anymore. And you’re competing with a meta build which is going to be very common.

Could say the same thing for any build with thaum3 I guess. A shame that imc doesn’t implement something that will let multiple thaums in a party work well together.

That could go very wrong very fast… Imagine that they somehow stack (lets say 20% stack over the first one), so in a party of 5 Thauma3, yo get a 180% of the effect of swells (considering all of them have same gear and stats)…

That would push a Thauma Meta for sure :V

haha, or they could just give them something like chrono with pass. I mean having multiple chronos isn’t beneficial cause they can all bring haste/quicken, but since each pass is independent, it’s fine fi you have more than one.

Maybe for thauma it can be some kind of super powerful buff that lasts a short duration, then multiple thaumas can rotate it or something. But ofc this will never happen since it’s not my game :blush:

Has anyone tried equiping Succubus card? Does it work well?

sadly, it’s got a pretty long casting and it’s hard to control which monsters/where they pull. Also has an aoe limit on the number of monsters it can suck in. Fun for gimmick though.

I mean equiping the card. It lowers your provoking.
I was wondering if it worked well and made monsters go after your summon instead of you.

I hope I am in the right place to post this - feel free to yell at me if not.

I am a new player - still have my 30-days newbie gear on my first character, who is a Taoist - and I would like to make a sorcerer next once that awesome gear runs out and I am not on a timer for anything anymore. I haven’t played Wizard class much before (made a test wizard for a day, but nothing more than that). So I have two questions:

1. All builds I’ve seen posted on tosbase.com had Salamion only at level 1. Yet everyone I see running around with summons in the game uses their Salamion all the time. Is it really not beneficial to invest more in the Salamion and maybe take points away from Summon Servant? (I admit that, as a new player, I don’t see myself paying 2k silver all the time. Money is very, very precious to me still.)

2. Likewise, all the builds had Sorcerer only at R2. Which confuses me, since R3 would give the summoned boss monster more stats. Are two ranks really enough?

3. Can anyone advice me, would it be better to go Wiz3/Linker1/Sorcerer2/Necro3 or Wiz2/Linker2/Sorcerer2/Necro3? I am not sure if it’s better to get Quick Cast for some of the Necro spells or if it’s better to invest more into linking up more monsters at once. I should also mention that I have a Dandel Gem which dropped for me and I thankfully saved it, even though I didn’t know back then what it did. :stuck_out_tongue: So if I would go Linker2, I could up my link count by one more with the gem while that sadly wouldn’t happen if I would go Linker1. But Quick Cast might be more worth it?
    I have no experience with any of these classes yet, so any hint on what will work better in combination with Sorcerer would be great.

I know a lot of these questions might be really dumb, but I don’t want to mess something up and somehow, I’m very confused about everything. I’m sorry. :confused: Oh, maybe I should also mention that I basically play solo since othe players on my screen make my game freeze for several seconds.

Thank you for any advice! :slight_smile:

1. Salamion attack speed is very slow and even with the enhanced aoe attack ratio its hitbox is still too small to be of any utility. Also has quirky summon AI, so people just use it as a meat shield or a source of aggro. Meanwhile, the cat gives you +5 aoe attack ratio (that’s like having 2 LV10 and 1 LV5 centaurus cards), very good SP recovery (100% sp recovered within 15 seconds of sitting down), and continuous stamina regeneration. I value the incremental mdef and dark property attack I get from the last two levels, though, since every elemental property attack counts for my build.

2. Sorc c2 offers Riding and a decently powered boss summon. Sorc c3 just sucks compared to all your other options available at that rank, and it will continue to be a non-option so long as IMC doesn’t rework the circle to make Desmodus and Evocation worthwhile.

3. Quick cast isn’t worth it, imo. You’ll only have Flesh Cannon and Flesh Strike to use it with and tbh Flesh Strike’s too costly to even use on a regular basis. Better to go for Linker2. I think it already has Spirit Shock (the new Linker skill) at that circle.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply! This already helps me a great deal!

Ah, that’s really interesting, actually. I had a little “test run” with my to-be sorcerer - when I heard there would be the update soon and reset items would come, I decided that my to-be-sorcerer would be the one to get the Rank 6 pack from the DLC I had bought so I could bring her to Level 180 and Rank 6 immediately. I actually only had a few hours and didn’t pick Linker back then and only Sorcerer 1 to test as many things as possible. I had Salamion and Nuaele as summons and Salamion did good while Nuaele was, uh, hitting the air really well while the enemy stood quite a bit away.:sweat: So I had gotten the impression that Salamion was really good or at least had a far better AI than the summoned boss when not being mounted.

Understood, thank you very much! Necro 3 it is then.

It has Spirit Shock, yes, but will that be worth it? The guides I looked at for summoners all were full SPR guides, so my magic attack will suck without INT.
If I go Wizard2 only, how would you distribute the points? Lethargy is worthless then since the Attribute for the bonus damage is only in Circle 3 now, if I remember correctly. I had my build made based on my super-short test run, but a lot has seemingly changed since the update and I feel like I can kick it in the trash now. Well, I know what I want for Sorcerer, Linker and Necro and I would have known how to put points in Wizard3, but Wizard2 is… weird, somehow. Spontaneously, I would pick Energy Bolt 10, Sleep 10, Reflect Shield 4, Surespell 1 and Magic Missile 5. Viable?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the help! :slight_smile: And sorry for being wordy, I am not a native English speaker and struggle with phrasing things sometimes.

Your magic attack will depend mostrly of you weapon, not ur INT. If u have a good weapon, u will dont need to worry.

Lethargy 1 (the new attribute can help ur team mates skills damage)
Earthquake 9 and Magic Missile max.
Sleep Max.
Surespell 5 (this can help ur team mates to get the surespell buff too)

Here i tested my sorcerer with Elementalist build:

1 Like

So after reading all of the replies i plan to not take Sorc 3, as it seems to be not recommended. Right now i am planning on doing Wiz2->Link1->Thaum1>Sorc2->???-Sage2. What would be a good filler? Should i just take a 2nd level of linker? or maybe drop Thaum and go full linker 3?

Thanks.

I’m not really good at helping to pick fillers, sorry.

I have Linker 3 in my build. The biggest problem with Linker is Riding.
Skills like Physical Link, Spiritual Chain and even Spirit Shock breaks when you use riding with “tall” bosses.