Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Thought I heard chrono buffs works on summons, but maybe it doesn’t work as well on all types of summons.

Sounds good, I’ll try that build later since fire pillar sounds good.

Didn’t combine Sorc with Enchanter anymore huh? I see.

Only why I considered Enchanter in the first pdace is that 1400-damage buff I get to all my multihit skills. They help a lot.

Anyone got suggestions for a Sorc build with strong aoe in high mdef content? Hard as hell for me to come up with out-of-the-box stuff to try out.

Wiz2 for magic missile? How’d you feel without wiz2 on your rotation. Maybe I’ll your build but with pyro3 instead.

@8-ball It’s just that my char has RC unlock and RC seems out of place for my original plan with sorc2. The character has +16 primus with trans too. That’s why I went with more support+dex build and focus on sorc2 on other char.

templeshooter is kinda slow. but it’s good for necromancer as decay debuff from attributes gives templeshooter +50% damage. other then that it’s not too good.
tomb lord is pretty interesting tho. it’s very slow but it has knockdown on autoattack (have in mind it may be annoying as it throws the mobs away), which is sort of seeking for targets and rarely misses. also if it attacks only one target, it will hit 3 or 4 times at once.

Oh, I see, so people with sorc-necro use templeshooter.
knock down as like earthquake wo attribute ?

speaking of misses, can you somehow increase the summon accuracy ? because I keep seeing my gorkas missing his attack.

yeah like earthquake without attribute, but probably they don’t fly up that high, just back

for accuracy i have no clue, sorry. it all should depend on summon’s strength (you can check stats from grimoire window). also depends on mobs i guess. tbh i rarely see bovine miss tho.

Thaum3 is not for magic missile (although it helps). Thaum3 is for mainly party support. Summon familiar and desmodus are actually good filler damage with thaum3 buffs.

I mean 10% damage to summon attribute isn’t nothing. Also, since you’re full SPR the thaum buffs are quite potent for party support.

Not really. You can go full SPR and be party support yet still do really high damage with summons. It is NOT meant to be a party’s primary DPSer, but it soloes content decently and also is one of the builds that maximizes sorc’s summon damage. It’s pretty amazing to give your party members ~3k raw damage, 10% damage to your summons, and then be able to ride and hit high numbers with your summon auto attacks or skills (I mean, not a lot of support classes can solo dps). Not to mention the shrink body, sleep, and lethargy will provide additional support for endgame content such as ET and CM.

An alternative to wiz3 is cryo2, which offers even more party support, but it does lose out on some damage.

Also, if you read what the OP was asking for, he said he wanted a SORC3 build. This is a good support variant, the DPS variant would be ofc wiz3ele3sorc3, higher self damage but much lower party viability. May I ask what amazing sorc3 build you have that doesn’t have some flaw?

Finally, the argument to trump all arguments: THAUM3 buffs = chibi, sorc3 is mega huge summon.
A E S T H E T I C.

I tried necro1 in place of sorc3 cause decay would theoretically boost TS damage to higher than Marnox, but it seems shoggoth’s decay attribute is glitched and not working? Anyone can confirm?

Isn’t it +100% dmg? 20chara

oh well even better then (sorry i don’t have necro). in this case it’s for sure best in slot for necromancer

10% damage to summon coming from thauma1 not thauma3 so still thauma3 offers nothing to sorc

If you want to party support you shouldnt waste your ranks on sorc3.
Familiar is decent but desmodus is not good enough.

Thats thaum1 tho so thaum3 doesn’t offer sorcerer anything as I said.

Yes they can lol. Any thauma3 build with a rank 8 probably does a lot more damage, they can even take sorc1 to support that. Linker3’s can do a lot damage too etc.

Sorc3 imo is a bad option with any build but if you really must take it the best option is probably wiz3thaum1 variant which allows you to pick rank8 damage class.
Cryo/pyro variants work too as they let you take rank8 class too. Thauma can be skipped too.
But the best option to skip is sorcerer circle 3 since it’s terrible.

The biggest problem sorc3 has apart from offering nothing useful is that there’s so many better circles to pick over it. It desperately needs rework.

What if you want sorc3 because you enjoy the class (it’s a game?).

1 circle in thaum is quite a waste…Needs 3 circle to make the best use of the class as a whole, like i said, full SPR makes the support potent.

OK I get that you hate sorc3 and that you think it needs to be stronger. I agree. OP wanted sorc3 and said he knows it’s not the best choice. Why are you still beating this point to a pulp?

Person asks for a sorc3 build and you say best option is to skip circle 3 sorc?

Yeah but sadly seems shoggoth decay is broken so that build is down the drain till they fix it?

I see. Thanks you’re a great help.
now hopefully I can play my sorc better.

Because part of it is that thaum3 and sorc3 don’t go well together lol.

I mean you don’t pick hoplite3 and go doppel3 after.

I don’t hate sorc3 at all. I mained it before rework and wish I could still but it’s difficult to justify picking it over better options.

I also gave alternative and imo much better options compared to building thaum3 with sorc3.

Thaum3 is a much bigger waste than thaum1 in sorcerer focused builds imo, unless you pick sorc1 only.

I think in a party I would much rather take a thaum3 sorc3 than a thaum1sorc3+whatever.

But thaum3sorc1 trumps both of them probably. Problem is OP wants a sorc3 build.

You should suggest him some sorc3 builds instead of further discussing the one I said I tried. That will probably be most helpful for everyone since this argument is obviously pointless.

Considering all the comments for Thaum3-Sorc2(3)…

I really think Wiz1-(filler)-Thaum3-Sorc2(3) is a nice option for a Sorc lover… Also we can change Thaum for Chrono depending on preferences…

I tried Wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc2-Thaum3 and is nice, but i went back to Wiz3-Thaum3-Sorc3 coz i find it fun and more easy for joystick skill placement :smiley:

but he is right… thauma3 is just bad with sor3 :\ and almost no one playing sorc3 atm, sorc2 is max if u want to raid, sorc3 is bad, if u want FUN build no one will stop u its just the fact that sorc 3 is bad atm and thamua3 with sorc3 is BAD choice :slight_smile: and thama1 with sorc1 or sorc 2 is GOOD choice, thauma 3 with sorc1 is GOOD choice too

I pair thauma with sorc3 because they both scale with SPR and it provides good support play with high SPR.

I don’t care if you think sorc3 is bad and that almost nobody plays it, nobody is arguing with that fact. If someone asks for a sorc3 build and says they know it’s not optimal but they want to play one anyway, the BEST advice is offering potential builds they can play around with instead of running around yelling at them for liking sorc3 or telling another person that their build doesn’t work because of this, this, and this. The best thing you can do is offer more build choices for that person so they have time to try them all out and make a decision for themselves.

For me, the awesome damage support I give to my teammates from Swells along with things like Lethargy strike debuff from wizard 3 and a strong magic missile allow me to enjoy being supportive while also dealing what I call decent damage. Taking thaum1 will destroy what I like about thaum3 (party support). Taking sorc1 or sorc2 will destroy the whole point of the build (to play a sorc3).

At the end of the day, the only people that care about your build are you and the friends you closely play with. It doesn’t matter if the synergy between sorc3 and thaum3 is not strong, what matters is you are enjoying your build (for whatever reason), and you are able to fulfill whatever role you wanted to (for me, hybrid support sorc3 build–and my build is pretty good at that.)

1 Like

I agree. Linker also works, but I prefer giving perma damage buff over 22s cd joint penalty and the spirit chain is so easy to break.

You just proved my point. Thank you!