Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

In my opinion, Sorcerer is a class that requires a lot of investment.

Saw these posts in the Cleric thead.

Linking to it from here since maximizing SPR is important for us summoners.

Looks like a current maximum of about ~640 SPR from gear and cards alone.

anyone noticed the catbuff timer would go 120 secs instead of saying 2mins?

this also happened to my enchant lightning timer

yes, a lot of buffs do that now

1 Like

i get trigger happy to rebuff whenever the buff falls into seconds. this will not go well for me once the wizard rebalance comes / w \

For those who did not notice, the summon damage buff also came in this patch, but it was not mentioned in the notes.

1 Like

i knew something was off when i use my sorce alch. couz i was using a non trans 5 weapon but i put out dmg 90% the same as a trans 5 weaponā€¦ weirdā€¦ but in a good wayā€¦

also this question is for everyone who could ans.
let say a dmg class that uses primary int like a wizelelock wants to make sorc a filler. will int be still ok if just 1 sorce filler, or should consider split stat? or just go spi and lose maybe example 1k dmg boost on your dmg. (but summon will compensate that) considering you have a +16 (minimum) staff @ trans10. what are your opinions on this guys? follow up question is summon familiar heavily affected by spi stat and weapon dmg?

I made a gameplay using a sorc/wl build full SPR. You can use it as a base.
My weapon is weak though: +8, trans 6, but with a full refined +16 trans 10, my damage would be way higher.
For me, it is more advantageous to be full SPR. The loss of magic atk because of int is irrelevant with a good weapon.

Familiar is not considered a summon, its damage is based on your mag atk

1 Like

I donā€™t remember where i read it, (I canā€™t find the post :frowning: ) but some Korean tested full int vs full spr with high anvil/trans Weapon on an ele with sorc1.

If I remember correctly the conclusion was, that with full int you lose around 50% Summon damage, while with full Spr you lose about 10% damage of your damaging skills.

So its basically better to go full Spr with a high anvil/trans Weapon.

395 stat points availableā€¦ if thatā€™s all in SPR, thatā€™s equivalent to 122.45% damage.

This seems a bit low.
Having 400 SPR at level 361 should normally increase your card summon damage by 210%

400 SPR = +124%

SPR does not increase summon damage by 0.67% per point anymore. Itā€™s 0.31% now.

Hmm, maybe my memory doesnt serve me right. I donā€™t seem to remember the exact numbers.

What i definetlly remember though, is that it is way better to go full spr with sorc 1, when you have a good weapon.

Sorry if i caused any confusion.

SPR increases the skill factor of the summoned mob by

(1 + SPR / (Level + 1)) * 100 %

As far as I know it was always like this since they introduced SPR scaling.

any one know if marnox card was buffed in itos?? (was in ktos some time ago)

My summon normally does 36k - 40k 32k - 43k per hit to a regular mob in sausys9. Autoattack; no riding.

The physical attack shown on the Grimoire is currently 3900. PDEF of the mobs there are about 1500. Ratio used for the log formula in the damage equation is 3.9. That means 53% damage efficiency, and that translates to 2,069 as the number used for all those nice multipliers.

Summonā€™s SFR is 513%. Sooo, multiply 2069 by 513% and you get 10,614 before SPR bonuses.

My SPR is 634. (634 * 0.31% + 1) will yield a multiplier of 296.54%. 12,804 times 296.54% and you get a number thatā€™s really close to 38,000 around 31,500. The calculated result is consistent with the damage values Iā€™m seeing on the field.

No Ala, it was not.

Just my opinion as Iā€™ve tested frosterlord just today, Imo currently marnox is not the best one if you are sorc C2.
For general farming Netherbovine is superior due to knockback and short cooldowns, Netherbovine damage was buffed as well. and for bosses Frosterlord just destroys them with itā€™s low-CD multi-hitting skills.

Stil Marnie is best for C1 sorc. And will be better for bosses after it gets strike type damage.

The attack values you see in the grimoire are wrong.
Are you using Chapparition? Whatā€™s your level, card level, Summoning level, weapon matk including blue gems and what mob exactly do you test on (because armor type bonuses)?

Iā€™m pretty sure it is. Otherwise there wouldnā€™t be a damage range in the first place. Iā€™m just using the grimoire value as a rough index, rather than a precise indicator, and a lagging one at that. The number I calculate with it usually ends up being quite close to the lower bound of the damage values Iā€™m observing. (I revised my calculation in my previous post to reflect the higher PDEF values of the sausys9 mobs, which was 1500 rather than 1000.)

Same thing occurs when I do the castle dungeon. Vilkas mages (1030 def; leather) receive 40k to 50k per hit. The damage I calculated using the grimoire value is 38k. Clearly itā€™s underestimating whatever value the game really uses, but Iā€™m satisfied with what it tells me ā€“ I donā€™t need to improve the precision. Iā€™m sure someone else can take care of that.

Anyway, since you asked: LV360, LV10 card, LV10 Summoning, 1869 wpn matk (no blues). Either the Bookmark Mimic or the Page Mimic. They both look alike to me.

Summons have variable minimum - maximum attack range in tos.neet. Checking in-game they use the ā€œSCR_Get_MON_MAXMATKā€ function.

So, if you ever think if itā€™s because the Min-Max attack differences, I think the game actually uses the MATKā€¦ so itā€™s really strange. I might be wrong.

I checked this in the hope the displayed number was minimum attack and it wasnā€™t - at least not the function name.

I hope this helps in any way with the tests though.