Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

quick question regarding the best cards for c1 sorc. i know marnox is best in slot - but if i don’t currently have marnox (which i don’t :frowning: ) then what would be some other good options? i know temple shooter used to be good, but it seems to have lost its edge unless you have necro for decay. if anyone could list some good cards for c1 sorc - with reasons why they’re good (is the attack fast? aoe? ranged? etc) it’d be very much appreciated.

you need to back read but for short… netherbovaine… always nether… that beloved bull

NICE VIDEO BUDDY!
elememe-sorc is become good choice with incoming patch.

bet me 10 silver, this elememe-sorc variant will become new meta.

how much difference is 1 star and 10 star summon? i already maxed my necroventer but in the future summon is easily defeated by WB, right?

Netherbovine and Necroventer, as usual.

thanks. guessing necroventer is for bosses? i really wish somebody would make a list of the cards and why each is good. i read back through 2 months of this thread and not a single reason why you should use a particular card. does it give aoe? better single target? absolutely no clue, and can’t find the info anywhere.

Somebody did, a while back. Everything’s kinda outdated now though. For Sorc card opinions, I’m relying on this link here. (It’s a Google Doc.)

It’s by no means complete and isn’t what you’re looking for, but it’s enough.

EDIT:

And yeah, Necroventer’s for bosses. Another person also conducted a forum-based survey recently. Basically the top four cards are Templeshooter, Netherbovine, Necroventer, and Marnox. Templeshooter’s best for general use. Netherbovine for farming. Necroventer for bossing. Naturally Marnox is the card you want to use for all three.

Zaura, I’ve been looking into after I saw it pop up on GDoc. Attack speed on the basic attack is 2.5 seconds with the animation. Netherbovine’s got better DPS than Zaura (1.66 second attack speed with the animation) as well as a CC, but Zaura wins out on AoE coverage. Way bigger than the cow’s.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

thanks that’s interesting to know. might have to try zaura for the large area. netherbovine is pretty nice with its cc tho. i grabbed one this morning and got it to 8 stars so far.

got another question (sorry) if anyone is able to give an opinion on the matter. trying to decide which event weapon to get. i’m a thuma3>sorc1 build. trying to decide between regard horn staff or skull smasher. normally i’d not question going with the staff, but with thuma in the build there’s scope for a lot of defense with right hand buff when using shield. the difference between a +11 staff and +11 skull smasher is only 362 magic attack. is it worth sacrificing 2500 defense (1k from shield and 1.5k from right hand thuma buff) for that extra 362 magic attack on weapon? as magic attack on weapon is so important to summon damage, i really can’t decide. any input would be much appreciated.

Maybe you should tell us what your final build will be? :smiley:

no clue on the final build yet. very dependent on the update and plan to test out a bunch of stuff to see what i like during the reset event. wiz1>cryo1>kino3>thuma3>sorc1, wiz1>pyro3>thuma3>sorc2, wiz1>cryo3>elementalist1>thuma3>sorc1 are all options. then there’s variations like scrapping 3rd circle of pyro and taking necro1 for decay support for archers. i’m keen on the idea of thuma3 with sorc1, though - as lower jobs will now provide far better dps, and thuma will translate all that spr needed for sorc into m.atk for other skills. i’d have given full build if i knew, though. sorry.

Skull smasher for buffing and summoning, then swap for your own staff. A primus 350 with crap status far surpass regard horn, since you have 5 slots on top of better magic attack.

ah you’re right. i’d not considered the slot difference. that’s really helpful thanks :slight_smile:

my build is link3thaum3sorc1 full SPR for lifeline+max swell combo with full int friend (around 500-600 int)

@myself nice build but not something i’m interested in. don’t have many friends who play int builds, so it would be wasted. i could see it working nice with the changes to wiz1/2 tho for farming. 1000% factor earthquake boosted by 50% on linked enemies. basically a 1500% skill with 3 overheat and 17 sec cd.

many non sorcenecro wiz are full int, everytime i meet in dungeon auto match

i can’t think of a single dungeon auto match that needs that level of excess when it comes to buffs

i originally make it for wb competition, with lethargy+necroventerswell

Any Elesorc builds that dose not require so much investing to be viable (for a new player)? the one in the video has very good equips (full spr with 8.1k Magic Attack…) so im not sure it will be viable for a player without any silver for equips and enchantments