Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

If you use linker, doesn’t really matter.
I think marnox is good in direct damage, but not really far better than others.

Templeshooter adjusted to 304% per hit,
compare to Marnox will require wiz c3 for strike debuff, this only need necro1, this actually stronger than marnox but slightly slower attack.

Gorkas/Zaura is good for better coverage since dmg centered on them, they have some good use in CM to cover more targets with stronger 1 hit, but slightly lesser than marnox 2 weaker hits.

Any summon with magic attack also good with sleep since all summon magic attack is propertyless now except marnox skill, but probably froster lord is the best basic magic attacker.

I noticed something.

Normal Helgasercle: matk 20 ~ 48
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/npcs/800057

Legendary Helgasercle: matk 27 ~ 41
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/npcs/800083

I’m not sure it’s worth noting, but it’s something.

Marnox puts all other boss cards to shame tbh. (Other than templeshooter with decay, but even that is less versatile than marnox and not much stronger).

Legendary Marnox has the same thing (matk 27 ~ 41) while the normal version is 24 ~ 44. Given the base stats, there’s probably not gonna be much of a difference between the normal boss cards and their legendary counterparts aside from the fancier summoning animations.

Templeshooter has less AoE ratio for the default attack.

Marnox is a good card, but I’m dropping him for Froster Lord when it comes out. I like him more.

Yea. I just assume the Legendary variations have a damage that’s closer in number.

I wonder if that 15% increase in size will factor in hitbox range. I never really paid attention if size affected that.

I agree that Marnox is general versatile card. But i dont agree it put all other cards to shame, to be specific most of them yes, but few of them not.
Some summons need specific build to accomodate, like Netherbovine need to ride for its short CD.
Linker2Sorc2Necro1 for its amplify damage.
And Necroventer need to hold up at right position.

I just want to avoid some players accept as it is, a good summoner need to prepare few cards to change according situation. Even to morph cast Helga AoE skill and resummon. Fixing a best card to stick with not really fun enough.

My Mirtis/Helga are attacking 40k damage less than my marnox every AA (not to mention they attack slower than marnox too), and this damage gap is more noticeable the more geared I become…Templeshooter actually does only about half the damage of marnox. And Marnox riding skills (with right positioning) do put every other summon’s riding skills to shame. Helga’s AoE circle does lower damage, and is only good for clearing trash mobs (netherbovine is similar). Marnox’s AoE skill does the same thing, but in a frontal cone and with higher damage…

For the sake of RPG and having fun, it’s good to switch out your cards every once in a while. The other summons certainly can still do good damage and clear everything fine, but at the end of the day, Marnox is equivalent to having the “best” endgame weapon.

As someone with 2 marnox cards to morph and reset riding skill cd, no other summon card can compare to the clear speeds I reach with my marnoxes. Of course I am a minority of sorc players, and Marnox is not a necessity, but it certainly is the best (currently).

I’ll be delegating Froster Lord to my card setup instead of summons. If freeze can proc on every line of damage I do, then that will work very well with my pyro and necro skills. I need the CC that much more.

The only question is whether freeze will proc from our summons’ attacks. I don’t have any of the status effect cards in hand, but knowing how IMC operates… probably not. lol

Perhaps we are talking about current iToS version.
In KToS many summons are buffed, like some with 598% per strike hit, and templeshooter is buffed from 198% per hit to 304%.

I never disagree marnox is best card, i also glad you say that some cards are doing fine to clear things, i did encounter some peoples saying like “if you are not using marnox sorcerer is trash”, “i dont want play sorcerer, i dont hv marnox card”.

That’s the main point im stressing.

Oh I didn’t know that other summons got buffs in kTOS version. Hopefully these changes come soon.

It’s ok, just let those players not play sorc so that cards will be cheaper :smiley:

4 Likes

in new update marnox drops from album, all sorc will have marnox!

Chances are pretty low I think. Chance to get Marnox from album, then a chance to have the card drop. (since something else can drop now. Enhance card?)
Still better than what we have currently.

If it’s like the others, no.

I suspected as much. Disappointing. Still, that 5% chance is pretty big when you consider all the multihit skills in the Wizard tree. So my plan still has value.

None of the new cards are dropping from iTOS yet, right?

What’s this new attribute I’ve been seeing some people mention? The one that boosts fire damage if you’re using a fire element summon, and ice damage if you’re using an ice element summon. Is the 50% bonus for final damage? or is it 50% more on skill factor like agny necklace?

Although this seems to not affect anything. The Legendary summon has Cloth armor and the normal one has Leather armor. Attribute is also different, Earth on the old one vs Dark on the new one.

Small differences, but nothing too drastic it seems.

1 Like

Still no videos testing sorc with the new attribute?
Edit: -New sorc3 attribute (Fire&ice summon boost fire&ice damage) is shown by class master. Cannot be bought. :expressionless:

Hello
I am a player who returns to the game after a long time.
I feel like I do not understand anything about how things are now D:
Before the reset event I had a Wiz3>Link1>Sorc3> RC in that event the sorc was nerfed and I chose to have a Wiz3>Tauma3>FF2.
I like to play mostly alone and complete quests, so I need a character with whom I can do decent damage to several enemies so I will not have a problem as I go along, as well as being able to do something against boss.

If I understand well how things work now, in general for the wizard, INT stat is not as important for damage, but the MATK of the equipped weapon and in the case of the sorcerer I think there is a bonus thanks to the SPR stat (please correct me If I am wrong).

I’m coming back wanting to retake Sorc but I have no idea how it works now, I have an intasurta gloves from my FF, I think I can sell them or exchange them for some useful item for my new build if it does not include FF.

• I do not like neither Pyro nor Cryo.
  • For my type of game I have found it very useful to use magic missile and if I have a Buff it is much better
  • I like to do some damage with skills besides using only the boss summon

I was thinking about:

• Wiz3>Tauma3>RC>Sorc2

• Wiz3>Tauma3>Sorc3

• Wiz2> Link2> Tauma2> Sorc3

• Wiz2> Link> Tauma3> Sorc3

• Wiz2> Tauma3> Sorc2> FF2

I thought about having 70 INT 70 VIT and the rest in SPR

P.S. In my times the best card to use was the TS and I have a pair with 10 stars but reading the comments I see that this has changed D:

Thanks for read this and any suggestion or comment is welcome

Do you want to deal damage with non-summon skills but you do not want to take either cryo or pyro? :sweat_smile:
So, all the builds you showed here are workable for your style. For stats, i suggest full SPR.
HERE is the FF build that i use. U can remove pyro to put thauma.

1 Like

Sorc3 still sucks. That hasn’t changed a bit. lol I thought they were gonna reduce the cooldown of Evocation with this rebalance patch, but then all they did was reduce the animation delay.