Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

In the same way that riding max attribute is a 50% damage boost but you can be a non-riding sorc and cast spells to make up for the damage difference instead. You can save 2-3 ranks for other classes like linker2 or even ele2 if you go with something other than maxed out swell left.

But yeah if you stack riding attribute + thaum3 swell left it should be a multiplicative effect so for a rider sorc thaum3 would be a good choice.

New legendary cards update. Does anyone here understand Korean? xD

Looks like the legendary cards will have some visual effects when mounted.
kabum dados card

I wonder whatā€™s the new meta for the sorc>necro builds?

Todayā€™s patch notes showed more details: swell left arm will increase 10% of the summon damage and swell right arm will increase 20% of summon defensesā€¦I think at least 1 rank of thauma in sorc/necro builds would be good.

So aside from the hilariously underwhelming changes to Sorc with the balance patch (thank goodness they REDUCED THE DELAY on Evocation. THAT will save the skill), it looks like they snuck in a new Sorcerer 3 attribute as well.

Summoning - Devil of Fire and Ice
Requirements: Summoning 11, Sorcerer 3
Max level: 10
If the attribute of the Summoned demon is Fire or Ice, then the damage of magic you use of that attribute is increased by 5% per attribute level.

I have theorized several builds with that attribute in mind, but I still can not come to a conclusion. Apparently the builds will vary greatly and will depend on the personal taste of each.

So aside from the hilariously underwhelming changes to Sorc with the balance patch (thank goodness they REDUCED THE DELAY on Evocation. THAT will save the skill), it looks like they snuck in a new Sorcerer 3 attribute as well.

I wonder why they didnā€™t do much to Evocation. The damage remains unchanged at 1494% on LV5 and the cooldown is still unchanged at an unreasonable 54 seconds. Desmodus isnā€™t even aoe. I currently run a Sorc2-Necro3 and I donā€™t see a reason to switch to Sorc3-Necro2. Necro3ā€™s bursting abilities actually got better thanks to the patch. lol

frozen lord is not ice, its dark type sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Details xD
Just imagine a ice property summon there xD

runecaster is not better than wiz2? like w1>cryo3>thauma1>sorc3>rc

Sleep has a attribute that amplifies magic damage only in C2, looks better. And the 10% from thauma doesnā€™t looks relevant enoughkabum dados card
Thats what i think.

Sleep: Dream Eater (Attribute)
- A new attribute has been added.
- Reduces the hit-count of sleep by 80%(can go down to at least 1 hit), but targets afflicted with [Sleep] receive doubled damage from Psychokinesis-property attacks.

u mean this??

still thaumaq will add like 500+ magic attack so its not bad, imo even better than 10% from some sleep attribute x3

It seems that if you want a strong build sorcerer based, youā€™ll need thama and cryo3/pyro3+sorcE for the attribute (sorry but I donā€™t think that anyone will wait for you to cast you sleep lv10 - that and bosses arenā€™t affected by it).

It seems that my plan on going wiz>pyro3 >sorc2>wl3 will be abolishedā€¦Iā€™m sad

Iā€™m curious if the new attribute will make Int Sorcs viable. Since the Fire/Ice property summons arenā€™t really that good anyways, it would be interesting to see if you get more effective damage from just building INT instead of SPR. That of course runs the risk of your Summon just checking out when you run out of SP, but with some proper management I donā€™t think that would be an issue. I imagine at higher gear levels SPR will still end up winning out, but maybe the other option will at least be viable.

Ice-type Sorc definitely seems to want Rune Caster, but that makes the build really tight.

As much as Wizard 2 is phenomenal, Iā€™m wondering if going W1>Pyro2>Ele3>Sorc3 would be a viable option. Meteor seems more useful to me than Hellā€™s Breath, so Ele3 rather than Pyro3, but Iā€™m not sure if the damage lost from only taking W1 will be made up by the Sorc attribute.

Do not worry about it. Wiz2 lethargy attribute only applies to Magic Circle type skills. I tried the attribute with dark surge and it did not boost damage. But with mastema (magic circle type skill), my damage was boosted. Pyro2 fire pillar will stunlock mob, so you will be able to cast meteor, electrocute, hail, stone curse. Your teammember wizard can also share their surespell (party skill now). Hell breath still gets canceled if you receive CC or knock.

Neutral-magic attacks also deal double damage! Great attribute for rune caster & sage (low hitcount skills with high damage). Sleep ends too soon with reduced hits and psychokino multi-hit skills. Alchemist3 alchemy missile on sleeping targets is not very bad either, but most players dislike battle alchemist.

Thatā€™s good to know.

Also I guess I should mention since it came up before we now have the rules for the new Magic Shield skill. Itā€™s a fixed 20% damage reduction, has a hit count equal to skill level, and consumes 1% SP every time you get hit.

Certainly not an auto-take, but a bit of extra damage mitigation never hurt.

With these coming changes should i hold off on the Sorc i was planning, its only @ circle 3 atm, i assume there is no way to re choose circles. Alot of stuff seems to be in flux, i was going to go Pyro-2->Tham1-Sorc3-Sage before since i have a couple of Cyro based characters.

wiz3 > pyro1 > sorc2 > RC > enchanter2 for me

:heart_eyes: bet me 10 gold,its price will higher than marnox

i hate too many marnox wannaba, there should be altenative card for sorc that as strong as marnox

There are plenty of viable alternatives to Marnox. Sure, Marnox is at the top, but someone has to be. And I think itā€™s fair that the top card is a Demon Lord card, so it might as well be Marnox. Certainly better than when the skill was called Summon Templeshooter.

2 Likes