Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Oh yeah, is there anything with kino? it doesn’t help that the class is at rank 5(right?) but i always thought it has a really interesting play style - but low damage… e.e’

Pyro could really be a viable choice for sorcerers due to fire pillar, it doesn’t pull but the root is pretty nice. It seems to get an increased range too.

Cryo might still be good, frost pillar has perma freeze so Id assume there is no issue keeping the monster there and using blast should work like before I assume.
Snow rolling gets the target count a lot higher so it’s really something to consider, while the spread could be a problem. Cryo needs some testing to see how its grouping potential is now.
Linkers will stay relevant, wiz2/3 will open new damage boost to sorcerers, thauma potentially strong.
Heck even kino could be worth trying for the utlity it has.

There’s a lot of build paths open considering sorc 3 is pretty much useless.
As said earlier te extent of thauma buffs will define heavily how open sorc will be to different build paths I guess.

Im not really sure yet. Really need to see how the class works in game or test it myself with sorcerer.
It won’t be the same but honestly it doesn’t really need to be, it was extremely strong combo before. (Perhaps a bit too strong, it was really fun tho.)

Combo? Frost pillar+summon atcks in general you mean?

And perma freeze you say? huuuh interesting i didn’t see it anywhere. So it kind of stucks mobs like fire pillar?not bad heh
but wouldn’t ice blast unfreeze the monsters?..wich wouldn’t matter sinse they will freeze again kek

thinking of it, snow rolling could be like your closing combo skills - after gathering mobs together and using Frost pillar, ice blast and summon atcks you just finish with getting the rest together with the instant huge snow ball so your summon can KILL THEM ALL heh interesting~

Pillar and summon skill. (Doesnt work with every summon obviously.) Easy wipe to a huge group of monsters.

I think so… a lot people say that while the translated patch notes say “hold and attack” type of skill, so I assume thats how it works?

Yup something like what you said could be how it works but I don’t want to stay too hopeful either so better be a bit patient for a while and start theorizing more when the patch gets applied to ktest server. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BUT I NEED IT NOOOW LOL
"Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?"~no

Hahaha, I feel you, I was really hoping for a sorc 3 rebalance but really opening a lot potential class paths to make our overall builds better/more interesting/something new is exciting enough for now.

:satisfaction:

We also got a sneaky buff to a few summons in there that use magic damage, since Lethargy will now add 20% more damage to all magic attacks.

It’s certainly not on par with the current lethargy we have now, but some summons (Rexipher? Mirtis? Froster Lord?) will get a nice chunk of damage up against bosses. Meanwhile Necroventer might be unseated from its privileged position for those of us who haven’t managed to get a Marnox card yet.

Either way, the changes to Lethargy and Reflect Shield seem like they will make being Wiz2 or 3 almost mandatory for a dedicated Sorc build. Though if Reflect still has a terrible hitcount I’ll probably skip it anyways.

1 Like

I wish sorc 3 would give more then ten% damage for summoning and the other skill did actually something… but now we just got another way to spend silver e.e’ kill me. I’m still searching for my marnox and IMC comes with this (and such good costumes omg grul did see thaaaat?) lel

Yup, I really want to stick with sorc3 and I have until now but this patch I’ll change cause it’s opening so much more valuable circles that are too good to pass just for the sake of wanting to stick with it.

Tbh I kinda wish they would have reworked cat buff a little too. While the sp regen and AAR are very strong aspects of it they don’t really offer sorcerer itself anything and the rest of the buffs are useless. (I mean 50property damage is so outdated. :frowning: )

(Of course I saw new costumes, tree of fashion. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Sorry if you alredy said it somewhere else in here but what’s your currenct build? and 50 property damage? Dark property? I thought it was like daaaaaaamn PERFECT COMBO WITH WL but it seems not…

I wouldn’t go as far as to say mandatory but definitely an option worth thinking for. It’s actually quite interesting to see more synergy with other classes now.

Yeah unfortunately it’s very lackluster as of now, at least warlock 3 is good on its own so your build is still good. Stamina recovery is meh and the magic defense was as low as dark property if I dont remember wrong. :confused:

My build is cryo3sorc3sage2 currently, not the optimal choice but works currently well for my tastes.

1 Like

Problem is that only wiz3 will apply strike debuff, so even at WB i doubt it will cancel each with non wiz3 because wiz2 have magic damage debuff, unless the zerg is well communicated to let wiz3 apply only, but it so messy that might not the case.

@SrRaposo
Since Elementalist get a big buff, i think it might be a better way to play with warlock3. Cryo3-Warlock3 lack of skills, but just because the pulling effect it can kill more with less minimized the issue.
Or Pyro2 firepillar might works too.
Another issue is that Summon aggro target also get nerfed to 8 targets only, so it wont be effective holder as pseudo grouper anymore.

Nah the thing I enjoy the most is sorcerer. I went with wl3 just because of rank9 and I know that only boss skills/ auto atck with the gear I can affort isn’t enough for boss killing or farming. Plus this build is original ish heh

Staying mounted for a long is dangerous without good gear, for damage and defence.

Summons by itselfs are really strong with a great weapon, wich is what I’m working on. This doesn’t mean I won’t mount it, but I’ll do it when other skills are on cd or the summon atk is better then what I have left (like ice blast).

That and I don’t really like elementalist… It’s the tipycal squish character you know? I prefer to be capable of staying alive by my own doing too hmhm wich is easier in a sorc build

if imc doesn’t change it, there is my character, the summon, salamion, cat, ten bats, mastema and the souls from summoning(if not changed). I guess i’m ok with only 8/5 targets per “crature”. Unless they all count as one. Wich is not ah big of deal actually. My PD has the pandemic at level 4 and can “lure” 14 i belive + prevous infected mobs with black death+spread, Im used to it. 16 is not enogh for new mabs that have tons of mobs in one run (Epheratao Coast) for example but i can do it.

~i think it’s 5 on normal maps and 8 in dgs? i don’t really know

Even more reason for why lethargy + marnox is more niche and not “necessary” as you say.

1 Like

after rebalance tauma and his buff for summon, only way- tauma in everybuild

Marnox’s autoattack is 296% x 2. Assuming 600 SPR 100 INT as a Thauma 3, that’ll give you +1390~ attack for your Marnox.

1390 x 296% x 2 hits x 110% base skill factor = an added 9k~ damage per autoattack. That’s not nothing, but at the cost of 3 circles, its pretty steep, especially since that’s slots 4 (denying linker 2), 7, and 8 (denying c2 of any R4 or higher class, assuming you took Sorc2).

Now if that number is boosted by the SPR modifier for summons you’ll see more like 16k over the two hits. Again, for a lesser geared sorc that’s pretty significant, but if you’re using Marnox chances are you are already hitting for well over 100k per auto anyways. And yes it’ll also buff you, but since you spent all your circles on Thauma, what are you going to use all your MATK for anyways? Are you willing to spend 3 circles to get 16k damage?

And that’s the best case scenario I could think of (aside from obviously stacking a buttload more SPR). Taking any fewer circles of Thauma is going to significantly reduce that increase (6k~11k over two attacks at Thauma 2 and 3.3k~6k over two attacks at Thauma 1). At that point…is it really worth any circles at all? And those numbers will be even smaller if you use anything other than Marnox.

Honestly I think ThaumaSorc is a trap, and unless there’s something going on in the summon damage formula that I’m missing I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Leave the ThaumaSummon builds to the Necros.

3 Likes

Thanks for the number crunching, I believe thaum1 is enough if you just want to boost sorc damage (my current swell left value is +685 with a varv gem). We also don’t even know if 100% of the value of swell left will carry over through the attribute so it’s not set in stone that thaum will be that strong for summoners.

On the other hand if you’re already thaum3 it’s definitely worth taking sorc1. I believe we’ll be seeing more pyro2 (or wiz2 pyro1 for lethargy magic damage bonus effect) thaum3 sorc1 ench2 auto attack builds instead of the cryo3 variant esp with the loss of frost pillar’s vacuum effect. Alternatively, Linker3 will also reduce target mdef based on SPR and we already know froster lord is a strong magic type summon so there are definitely a lot of different ways to boost summon damage outside of thaum3

Don’t forget that Thaumas can increase the final damage by 120% with Left Arm + Shrink Body, now that we will be able to buff summons it may work on them. It doesn’t work directly on bosses but you can link and shrink minions to share the damage.

I was thinking about something like a Wiz2 - Link2 - Thauma3 - Sorc2, you’ll even have Magic Missile and new Earthquake to do decent aoe damage on your own and the new Magic Shield seems interesting to reduce damage while mounting the summon if it doesn’t have the same hit limit Reflect Shield has.

How is this build working out for you ? I’m the same as you but warlock instead of sorc and considering changing as I feel like missing constant damage for challenge mode, warlock is strong but invocation doesnt hurt much at lv5, not 100% uptime and long cast animation are reluctant at least pole of agony is nice burst with ally frost tree but then another wave comes and back to cooldowns, I don’t enjoy being dependant of cryochrono. Full INT 200 SPR from gear and of course no marnox in hand.

Assume Thauma’s Left Arm Buff is scale exactly how weapon’s matk scaled.
It would be +1500-2000 at lv15

Basically 100+% to 30+% from weak geared to strong geared.