Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

It’s not really a minor fix or a simple change. As an idea sure but requires actually quite a lot of work to make it work properly with each summonable boss card.

I do like the idea tho.

Tested just now
Necroventer perform 30 auto attack in 1 minute
Marnox perform 40 auto attack in 1 minute

despite tos.neet shows both of them has 1s cd (even itos version). does it work like that or something is wrong cuz i cant get 1s cd

tosneet value is wrong or is rounded down (probably rounded down).

I’m glad more players discuss on the summon database

Not exactly wrong, but you also have to take consideration of attack animation,
at the moment we have no database about the attack animation, so the cooldown is the closest thing we can refer to.

If attack animation > skills cooldown, then attack animation time is the main factor.
But if skills CD > attack animation, then skills CD time is still the main factor.
So in practical, most summons have attack animation > 1s, some have really long attack animation like Lithorex and etc.
Necroventer is throwing the boomerang and grab it back, hence the attack animation is longer usual, as well as marnox animation is hitting twice on the ground, but Netherbovine is seems to have simple and direct animation will make them hit more per minute.

However, Chronomancer’s Quicken is able to reduce the skills CD time, like Harpeia, even the skill CD is showing 3s, but Harpeia is able to attack again even at 2s, it mean the reduced delay also not shown on the skill bar. But it doesn’t make Harpeia attack animation get faster, it just reduced the delay between 2 attacks.

And yes, the 1s/2s/3s is just about the delay between 2 attacks and can be reduced with quicken, but the attack animation time will always remain the same,

1 Like

Woah then it needs a lot of field testing for each card
Well i was digging on https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/npcs?rank=Boss&size=XL&race=Velnias&lvlmin=1&lvlmax=1&f=1&page=2 to see all summon after buff on ktest, but it seems we can only check skill factor then, since there is no info on number of hits and attack animation.

Time to collect all summon card :tired:

so… marnox is the best card for WB too?

marnox deals 296% SFR x2 per auto atk
necroventer deals 433% SFR x2 per auto atk (after summon buff, for now its 309% on itos)

but that’s not considering riding skills

I actually tested most of the cards after the weapon matk changes, but have not tested them in ktest for new buff.

There are several 2 hits Summon like Centaurus and Progola, but their attack animation is very slow. Unlocker is interesting, it have many skills but its basic attack in pressing G and not A, it is strike 1 hit and quite strong, and it can be invicible when casting the boxes dropping skill.

Some other strong Strike monsters are Harpeia and Cyoclops.

You also can summon the Master Genie and grant 3 wishes to your friend. (Just Kidding)

Dont know if still working, but progola after summoned use skills without riding, but is very bad aim, but still for sorc1. Probably a bug. And him dont use this every time i dont know what triggers, if was CD or number of targets.
Also same thing with card Spirit of Deceit, use auto skills but is very bad anyway.

Is it really that complicated? All animations are already done. The skill only needs to:
1)summon secondary card
2)peform second or third attack
3)unsummon
It works the same for every summon.

To me it seems it’s highly suspectible to bugs and well there’s a difficulty of making it fast enough so it’s usable, even the current evocation is somewhat clunky/slow.
Im not saying it’s overly complicated but I think they would have to go over each boss again coding their short term summoning and attacking which could take a lot more time than one simple skill.

1 Like

Is fixed on KR server, don’t know about steam server. I dislike those cards.

@Terry46 If evocation would summon the secondary card boss, to give sorc3 2x summons, I would like it. But it might be too strong. If desmodus could drain HP (bloodsucking bats) similar to featherfoot skills, it would become viable.

You could even just borrow the code used for Throw Gu Pot. Just change it to look for the Grimoire 2nd Slot instead of the Poison Pot. The only part that should be difficult at all would be going through each of the summonable cards and picking which of their attacks to throw on Evocation.

Then make Evocation instant cast and self-targeted (like all Summon skills currently are) and boom, skill is fixed. Don’t even need to animate the boss of the second card, just play the animation with the player as the center. If you really wanted the boss animation, just copy+paste the animation effect from the current Evocation on top of the skill animation, but I feel like it would be better without that.

Also yes, Desmodus should definitely have a life drain effect. It’s such a boring skill as it is now.

Now marnox atk is strike.
Lethargy: Enemy takes +50% strike damage.

4 Likes

hmm I don’t know what to do with my sorcerer now :x

I was fine with my build not being the strongest. (cryo3sorc3sage2)

But now that summon aggro is nerfed and cryo tree won’t pull my build will be significantly worse. :x

I refuse to go necro with sorc so idk what to do now, I might roll out of sorc even.

:sad:

1 Like

I’m using Cryo3-Sorc2-Warlock3, indeed i’m abusing the aggo+pulling to often grab whole room of monsters (especially in unique raid) to make run faster, I also use Demon Scratch to kill them all at once in 1-2 OH, this have been tremendous fun for me.

It will ending soon :cry:

I’ve to crack my head and theorycrafting again, btw it seesm thaumaturge both swell hands is able to buff Pets, maybe thaum2/3 is something for Sorc/Necro now.

By the way, the Lethargy Strike debuff will moving to Circle3, meaning Marnox3 user basically need to go Wizard C3.

And it seems there are a lot of Magical Debuff, Sleep/Lethargy/RuneOfDestruction/LightningHand, summon with Magic Attack seems like more viable as well.

I’m also going for a sorc wol3 build and I don’t think it’s really dead you’ll just need to time a lot more your wl skills without the current frost pillar…

Wich is a bad thing. So sinse I my focus is sorcerer i think i`ll change it to something like wiz>cryo3>thauma2/3> sorc2/3 (probably sorc3). Or try it with pyro not sure yet. Maybe even kino? don’t know about it though but I’ve always found kino a really interesting class so i’ll think a lot on it heh

Or maybe just keep it like it is ‘-’ wl3 is a really good class and i just got used to it. Farming is really easy sinse it’s skills have no aoe limit. Aggro the whole, frost pillar, demon scratch kek

Who knows. Maybe it’ll still work out

I just need to be sure of how big will be the difference for using thauma buffs

Yup this could potentially change sorc builds a lot.

Hum I was thinking… the reason for Cryo c3 is because of the way to gather mobs together and let them stuck in one point right? So… fire pillar doesn’t kind of do the same thing?
If they don’t change the way of how it stucks monsters together, I’ll just need to lure the whole room with the summons as usual and once they’re kind of concentraded in a certain spot just trow there the fire pillar. And pyro has more damage skills so yay DAMAGE

It’s cd, if not changed, is “close” to Frost Pillar and personally, I just need to mobs stop hitting me because damage ‘-’

If i had the resets right now I would try wiz>Pyro3> Sorc3/2>Thauma2/3 and wiz>Pyro3>Sorc2>Wl3. Damage for cryo? sure why not, but that isn’t the first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about cryo.

Also, even though I don’t really understand how does the changes on flame ground and fire ball will work but imo there is more cinergy in there then with the new cryo… or not. Freezing enemys so the summon can hit harder and… snow rolling? Don’t like it that much…in the end it just trows mobs everywhere (unless you have Marnox and a really nice gear so they’re all dead at the end :V)

You see, I’m not agains cryo or anything, but the figure i have from ice type stuff is more like “shield”, “tanking”, “protection” you know? So this changes kind of shook it a little ;-;

One more thing, how Ice Blast will work? only in frozen enemys or frost pillar will be the same? it’ll freeze stuff in it’s area right? Idk i think i preffer flare… don’t know. Too many unknowns.

I’m totally open to counter arguments ^^ even tho it’s a loooot of trouble and crying (even from me) I love thinking about these new ways when changes comes heh

Edit:

I so freaking agree with you when you say how frost pillar “is the reason” for cryo (something like that). But i can’t really see how will be a good sinergy with sorc - I know you said it in another forum wich means it’s not really related to sorc builds, but I want to discover how it might work you know? Not questioning you or anything more like waiting for more variations and original ideas >->b

Not really.

It’s a 20 sec cd debuff in a relatively small aoe. Marnox is strong enough without it. Only really good for bossing/world bossing, and in world boss I’d imagine other wizards will be casting lethargy to debuff already.

1 Like