Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/20703/

“When mounted on the devil, its physical and magic attack increases proportionally to the riding character’s magic attack.”

In the last update, summon’s damage was increased by the character’s WEAPON’s magic attack, and it was a HUGE increase. But magic attack buffs (aka Thaumaturge’s buffs) do not affect the summon damage, right? But that line in the skill description says that, when riding, the CHARACTER’S magic attack increases the attack of the summon, with should be affected by buffs, INT and blue gems. My question is: how good is that increased in damage based on the caracters magic attack when riding? I know the attribute of riding increases the damage by itself, but just want to know how the caracters stats alone can affect the damage of the summon when riding.

And another question: Summon Familiar is considered a summon and is affected by SPR, or just a damage skill? (I did not noticed any alteration in damage from bats after the patch)

@tex_will

i think all magic damage increase your riding skill = thaum buffs scale also your riding skills higher
( for example without thaum buffs your riding skill does 30k dmg but with thaum buffs your riding skill does 45k dmg )

but i’m not 100% sure ofc

also Summon Familiar scales only with INT ( magic attack ) as far i know :innocent:

1 Like

I’m gonna try a “riding build”, stay as long as possible riding, so just thinking of everything that can help me with summon’s damage while riding. That 50% increase in damage (30k to 45k) was just a random example with no math involved, right? Or that 50% increase is a real thing? o.o

Yeah I think so, it’s more like a damage spell than a summon… I think i’m gonna max Salamion instead of Familiar just to see how that goes, or try to balance both, since Thaum’s buffs do affect Familiar but not Salamion. Thanks for the reply!

As I said, I’m going for a “riding build”, so if anyone has any sugestions of ways to optimise my riding damage, please don’t be afraid of sharing your opinion! =D And thanks in advance!

2 Likes

@tex_will haha ye that was only a example :slight_smile:

Hello guys, a new sorc here!
1 - do i need lvl 10 card? or 1-3lvl is ok?
looking for a riding build! looks really fun to play!)
2 - what card setup is good? got a lots of lvl 1 cards but cant decide what is better ( like necrovent netherbouvine templeshooter etc…what should i keep?
3 - and another question - basics is to summon demon with SPR gear on, then switch to high MATK weapon in order to do dmg with summon?
4 - if ill go for full spr build , will famaliars be “ok”? or i shouldnt invest in them?( sry for my bad english)

You want to have a level 10 card for the summon you intend on using no matter what.

The best card setup is to have two of the same cards so you can use morph multiple times to reset CD of riding skills. If you have two different cards in the grimoire, morph will only work once so you have to use summoning again to reset the cd of your primary devil.

If you have necro in your build, Temple Shooter will do higher damage than all other summons (Decay debuff gives 50% more damage to missile attacks).

Netherbovine is a good card to have, but not really necessary. If you have a good weapon, then it will be a good card to use for AoE. It can be replaced by templeshooter, especially if you have necro in your build. Lethargy attributed boosts the damage of the AoE riding skill (S for keyboard users).

Most of the summons actually deal similar damage, the difference is that many riding skills are bad. An example of this is Necroventer, who is good because his auto attack does 2 hits and is strike damage (boosted by lethargy), but his riding skills are so bad that Temple Shooter can outdamage him if you use the riding skills properly.

Other sorcs are saying yes to this. I haven’t personally tested this since I’m waiting on a stat reset potion.

I prefer to max Summon Familiars and only one point into Salamion. Salamion attacks very slow, and if you have a good weapon summon familiars will be a strong burst skill (good for bossing).

@tex_will

I can test for you later if magic attack (like through thaum buffs) affects riding at all later today. I would not trust the skill description because translations can be awkward, and I think that skill description is the exact same as before the rebalance update (when riding attribute was actually affected by magic attack).

I actually think the answer to your question is no, magic attack does not affect riding skills since I’ve never noticed my Chapparition cards affecting riding skill damage. Will test again to give definitive answer later though.

2 Likes

i am a cryo 3 sorc 1, looking for sorc 3 ( dont wanna necro )
so i should go for ice tree+lethargy combo with strike attack summon? (like necrovent)

If you don’t have necro in your build, you should go for double Netherbovine. Lethargy will boost its skill if needed, and the AoE is better than Necroventer.

If you have Necro1 in your build, Temple Shooter will be better.

1 Like

thx a lot!
20 chars!

That’s why I’m looking for someone like you, that can actually test it. I remember a skill description for Riding that said “increases summon stats”, and now it seems a little bit more specific, but I do not know when/if that description was changed. And the Chapparition effect seems a really good way of testing this, so I apreciate if you can test that with riding skills damage =D

Lets hope that Salamion get some buffs when the next summon’s patch comes… At least it should attack more often or not stop attacking every time I move… That beeing said, my lvl1 Salamion is doing more damage per attack than a single bat, so if you can make it attack the target every 4 seconds, it’s gonna do more damage than 15 bats in the 35 sec cooldown… That’s a really rough calculation I made yesterday, but that not counts with the terrible AI of Salamion… If you can compare those two skills too, it would be great =D (even thou you do not have a full SPR build)

So you can use your primary card’s skills, Morph to summon the second card (same devil as the primary) and use its skills, and then use Morph again later to reset the skills cooldowns? lol I didn’t knew that! I was using the Summon, Morph, Summon again… Interesting!

Thanks for the informations!

when i will ride a summon , will agroo mobs hit MY hp or hp of SUMMON?

Your HP!
/20characters

Actually hits both, sadly. It counts your hitboxes as overlapping one another so you won’t be able to avoid damage when riding. If you are a featherfoot and the mobs’ attacks can’t hit flying enemies, then it will hit your summon only when you use levitation. Same if you have invuln and your summon doesn’t (i.e. ausrine).

Im confused with the damage of the boss skills.
The auto attack is pretty strong with the weapon boost, but when riding, the skills are more weaker. Its because the riding attribute? it will make a huge difference if maximized? or the damage calculation is directed affected by our spr more then weapon?

Your skills should not be weaker when riding. You probably haven’t been hitting enough times since summon’s attack range is very broad. For example, auto attack can hit for 1k for one hit and then 2k the next, for example, but the average would always be 1.5k dps whether you’re riding or not (until you get riding attribute, in which case riding damage will be stronger).

Skill description is inaccurate/poorly translated. Riding is not affected by your character’s m.atk. Tested with Chapparition card and with Thaum buffs, no change in damage when riding. No change in damage when resummoning and riding either.

The only things that increase riding damage outside of your own weapon/SPR and things that boost those two stats would be debuffs on the monsters.

Off the top of my head, wizard’s debuffs that can benefit summons:

Lethargy (attribute) - +50% strike damage
Decay - +100% missile damage
Frost Pillar - Unknown increase to strike damage
Gravity Pole (attribute) - Defense decrease for enemies
Joint Penalty/Hangman’s Knot - Link damage…but summons do not have elements so joint penalty attributes will not benefit.

1 Like

@Valentine

Thanks for the tests and tips! Since I’m not planning on taking Necro, I dont have decay, so I’m gonna focus on strike damage summons like Necroventer (A skill) and Netherbovine (S skill), and use Joint Penalty when soloing (since it’s not really good with a random team). Still gonna use Nuaele against bosses, since it’s skills are great at single target.

Chapparition D skill seems a lot like a lightning attack…But not really sure, and still it would probably not be enough reason to use that card…

Thanks again!! =D

Right, even things that scream elemental do not in fact have elements when they’re summoned.

Would be so much more theorycrafting possible if elements played a factor in it, but the devs don’t like sorcs having synergy.

netherbovine has a knockback on one of it’s moves, so I can only see it being good on cryo3 sorc. knockback before or during ice pillar suction.

Waiting for returning player event to test out the new patch! Sorc must be really popular now