Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

It does make afk farming illegal which is a HUGE change. While I do agree that it won’t completely end the problem and there is bots also, it’s noteven close to the scale of things now.
I think a huge change is already that a lot of legit players will stop doing it due to the change.

you know what scares me about the changes, is that it seem a bad way to try to fix a class.

You see summoner classe have much more problems then just the damage.
We don’t have card to use, we barely have gear to choose, there’s almost no accessories for us and if my memory doesn’t fail me, there is no useful enchantment as well.

So if this change do make us viable, then what will happen? will we never receive gear, cards, etc…? or maybe if we cry enough, they will give us that years later and them nerf us to adjust to the new itens? sometimes i have the feeling they are not thinking through what they are doing.

1 Like

I feel like they will introduce proper items for us as well in the future but I guess it’s more important to make sure the class works properly at first.

2 Likes

eh, at least the possibility to get most cards exists. pyro fireball added overheats and agny’s +50% skillfactor kills most all my hopes for pyro

They also haven’t fixed the issue of summons not having much synergy with parties in general.

• Melee summon damage is not affected by Miko’s Kagura Dance
  • Some summon skills don’t count as melee even though they should (i.e. netherbovine’s auto attack), so they aren’t affected by Taoist’s Storm Calling
  • Haste and Quicken don’t work on Devil
  • Pass doesn’t affect Devil’s cooldowns, meaning the only way you can use it is to rely on pass to reset your morph CD or summoning CD to resummon. Even then, it’s unclear if they fixed the morph bug.
  • Summons don’t benefit from Dievdirby’s Statue of Laima
  • Things that are meant to increase raw damage output like Thaumaturge’s buffs don’t affect summons because they scale with weapon, not M.atk.
  • Summons can’t receive additional lines from things like Blessing, Sacrament, Enchant lightning/fire
  • Summons don’t get dark sight/fade

Honestly, most of these problems could be fixed by just letting the summon be able to receive buffs, and I don’t think they would make Sorc’s op at all, just better.

3 Likes

Hm, I’m transitioning from elelock to sorc/necro. I’m having trouble on choosing my 315 weapon.

I’m debating on whether I should pick Windia Rod or Viena Staff. (I’m not sure which will be effective pre and post-patch summon buff)

So any ideas?
(And also, I don’t mind using my pract as I have 2 mystical cubes)

will max summoning (lv 15) further increase damage of demon skills during riding? thanks :grin:

Yes, increase all damage done by the Summon.

summoning15 isn’t really worth it unless you are full SPR- 2% increase per lvl

Okay i’m done with waiting for the summon changes… fu imc

I will quit with ToS … better i play shitty WoW before playing more shittyer ToS :mask:

Feels. Another week for IMC cash notes. This is not funny anymore tbh.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that IMC wants to bring all the ktest patches to ktos and then send it all in once for us…we will wait forever!

8 Likes

Staff. Staff is always better because of the High WATK value. Summons scale higher with that. SPR is supplementary damage.

Hm, I guess I was too late. Anyways, I went for windia and got myself a sage wall (hopefully this will compensate some of the damage)

Also, I’m wondering if the morph bug is fixed? (Stat’s not transferring to the 2nd card slot?)

windia is a good enough choice if you are cryo sorc (passive ice bonus to rods, passive mdef bonus for shields)
pyro sorc… every reason to go staff (especially with sage missile hole)

1 Like

Sorry, I am still new with Sorcerer thing. And having a lot of questions.

Does the bat skill considered as summon too? Or it is purely based on MATK?
I am taking Sorc1 as a filler, will it be good to go full SPR? My build atm is Cryo3 Sorc1 Alc3.

Please and thank you.

the bats are based on m_atk…
(i’m not sure about the 2nd question…)

1 Like

don’t go full spr, and as an alche better path is wiz2 pyro 3 imo.
Bats scale with INT

it’s not

1 Like

alch homunculus also scales with SPR but… if going alch3 you should definitely go for INT. 50SPR = 10% summon damage, but homun base damage it low. you are better off using INT to strengthen your magic missile. and icewall, should you go cryo3 sorc1.

I consider pyro3 sorc2 alch2 to be the only viable full SPR path for alchemist but buying homun every 10 days is only for crazy people

1 Like

I refuse to play anymore, I really want that buff :l

2 Likes