Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

@Ironheart

How did you calculate those DPS numbers? Is that including cooldown , cast times, and overheat, as well as kurdaitcha doubling damage for kundela slash? Also, is mastema’ dps including the tick damage from attribute? And is that dps on a per hit basis for skills or total damage?

And did you take into account defense values of the bosses before comparing those calculated numbers to the numbers you saw in sorc video?

Went back and tested some more, you’re correct. It’s still not here.

1 Like

But Flame Ground seems to give you more damage, eeing as you’ll be able to use it twice before Flare finally goes off CD.

Four Fire Wall tiles (in a square formation) is usually enough to completely cover most bosses.[quote=“Valentine, post:2617, topic:188142”]
Don’t learn attack ground because it is a worse version of hold.
[/quote]

How so, exactly? Attack Ground seems to be the same as Hold, except I’m not required to move to the location I want the summon in. I’m new to summoner.

I heard somewhere that keeping up Decay was important for necromancers for whatever reason. Is Flesh Hoop really worth more points?

Sorry I’m not familiar with pyro, so I don’t understand what you’re saying. Doesn’t Flare have a 30 sec cd with 3 overheat while Flame Ground has a 25 sec CD, so you would be able to use flare more times?

You don’t have to move to the location you want the summon in for Hold either. Attack ground makes the summon attack things on the way to its path, so if it finds a stray monster on the way to where you told it to go, it will stop and attack until it kills the monster before going to where you told it to. Hold is the same skill, just without this nuance.

Also, with attack ground, the summon will just return to you if it doesn’t see any more monsters (even if more will spawn later), while Hold will make the summon stay there until you ride it (cancels hold) or you tell it to hold a different area.

All of this just makes Hold better than Attack Ground.

Dirty pole isn’t going to help very much in the upkeep of decay. Shoggoth and Flesh Cannon (attributed) will give you 100% uptime anyway.

I’d personally leave flesh hoop at level 1, but put filler points into Gather Corpse or Shoggoth.

Lowkey kinda upset Summon doesnt proc invocation when they kill em because i wanna make a dark sorcerer theme T.T

1 Like

I simple just added how many times it hits with the overheat and anything else that multiplies it with max attributes or attributes making skills hit more - no special items or other skills making these skills stronger. The double damage with curse isn’t added to the featherfoot skills. Means it would hit harder. With my featherfoot, I already hit bosses with the same level as me around 40k-65k with a lv 220 weapon +6 with one lv 6 blue gem and head accessories that add magic attack. My weapon isnt even trans. lel

These numbers are not subtracted from defense and are pure numbers and are the total damage.

Even with defense added those numbers will still be very high and will out damage the sorc. If you have an ele and war build you will out damage a sorc. You would have many dps skills you can spam and stack on bosses and mobs. These numbers are also from a SPR build (magic attack would be much higher with int build). This doesn’t including thaumaturge boost about another 1000-1200 magic attack. You would still be gaining more power with magic attack while devils only get power from the weapon and SPR. There is a lot of gear and weapons with int+magic attack on them not including any skills that can add elemental attacks to their multi hits.

We had a video showing an elementalist killing a boss pretty fast with lower weapon power. Think it was +8 weapon or something like that with trans. Trans wasn’t even +10 if my memory is on point. *will double check to make sure after I type this.

*Okay got it. Ya, she has a much weaker weapon. It was a purple lv 315 weapon, +8 enhanced, +3 trans, 2 gems, one is lv 5 and other lv 7 blue. Her magic attack was 4244. She can use multiple skills and stack them hitting many times in a second. I also forgot you can use the magic % cards to make skills hit even harder. She also doesn’t have thaumatuge, which could add another 1000 or so magic attack. Now imagine her having an orange staff with magic attack of 6440, now add another 1000 - 1200 from full int and then add another 1000 - 1200 magic attack if having thaumaturge. That hail was hitting 15k-21k each hit very fast! And combined that with frost could. There where also a few 41k hits in there from mestema too with that 182k hit from meteor. Now add how many times a second she does. she was hiting more than 4-5 hits per second. This means she was already doing 272k damage in 2-3 seconds.

@Jaddin

Think this is because the buff is applied to you and not the devil or summons that kill the mobs. This goes against the warlock class, which is really funny. lel

Or just a thing with coding, since Summon Familiar bats can receive their own buffs (haste, quicken lol), but they proc invocation fine without receiving it.

That’s cause it’s 2 classes versus one. What about EleSorc v. Elelock, or EleSorc vs. anything else?

Kinda hard to compare this one to the other one because of the level of monsters (and therefore defense values) in 290 mission Vs. a level 330 mission. I don’t think Sorc is better than Ele in terms of damage, but I have my doubts with FF and Warlock.

I tested it myself. It is untrue that lethargy boosts damage of earth property attacks.

Necroventer’s A and S skills are strike damage, that explains why they’re boosted by lethargy with attribute. EQ has a hidden interaction with Lethargy to do double damage, but this is spell specific and does not mean earth damage is boosted by lethargy.

I tested Nuaele, and her skills are not affected by lethargy in any way. Desmodus is also unaffected by lethargy even though it is earth property.

Sassy points 10/10

I did the math, and Flare would have to be lvl 15 in order to do slightly more damage than Flame Ground, and FG is slightly more spammable.

I just tried it out again to make sure, an Hold only make the monster stay in the area directly in front of you. It has no ranged abilities, and also a much longer CD. Besides, the only alternative is an extra point in Salamion.

Oh…I thought I said in that post to max it, so it still does more damage though right? FG is not more spammable on account of not having Overheat. If I’m running a dungeon, and one flare is enough to kill a group of mobs, then using it 3 times on a 30 sec cd is way more spammable than using FG once on one group of mobs.

30 second cd with 3 overheat averages to 10 second cd per flare, which is more spammable than 25 sec for one FG. Also, since flame ground is stationary, it’s more difficult to get the full damage out of it in a lot of situations.

But this isn’t a pyro thread so I digress haha

Ok now I’m confused. In my version of ToS (iTOS), Hold and Attack Ground both have 3 sec cd…

Did you try holding down the button for the hold skill and aiming the skill like a ground targetting spell? It has a very long range.

Salamion is getting buffed in the future, so one extra point in it will be more valuable than one point in Attack Ground.

Maybe, it would be very helpful if your summons could spawn evil spirits X_X. lol

Hmm, good point. Lets try ele by itself. xD

In the video (since its proof and we can break it down) she used frost cloud and hail. Lets remove mastema because that’s from another class.

This player: Magic attack 4424 Other player: 6440. Not on pair or equal with other players +10 trans btw… lel

Ele only.

Hail hits 15k-22k per hit. With cards 39k-40k per hit (ouch)
Frost Cloud 15k-21k per hit. With cards ??? (probably the same above since damage is similar)

We can see when the fight starts bosses health dropped from

to…

In 3-4 seconds, this means she just lowered the bosses health about 20% - 25% in those seconds. Holy Jesus! x3

So if this was continued for 18 - 20 seconds boss would be dead with just those two skills. She killed it faster than 20 seconds (14 - 15 secs) in the video because she used mastema and one meteor (shes didn’t even have to use that skill lol).

So now comparing to the first devil summon in video above that was fighting the first boss. It took about 19 - 20 secs for their devil to kill it. About the same time if ele just used hail and frost cloud. Now here is the kicker! weapons are not the same, magic attack is far lower then the girl with the devil. Magic attack is easier to get and boosts all magic skills and isn’t limited to only weapon and SPR. Can’t really compare if the other girls magic is weaker as well…

The Flare damage included all 3 overheats, an by the time you get done casting all three of your Flares, FG will probably already have 20 seconds left on CD. And it’s easy to get the whole room of mobs onto the Flame Ground. Just pull all mobs and run around the FG while spamming Flare, repeat.
Maxing FG just gives more DPS over time than maxing Flare due to cooldowns.

And yes, I held down the button for Attack Ground, and tried to hold down the button for Hold, yet Hold was instant cast and didn’t have an aiming reticle. And I’m sure that we’ll get another reset event during the next Ktest merge.

Ehh, it shouldn’t a whole 5 seconds to press the flare button 3 times (with jump casting to cancel animation).

I think you’re looking at it too much on paper. If you have to run around to gather mobs before using flame ground, then that extra 5 seconds of having lower CD wouldn’t even matter, unless you manage to consistently Flame Ground back to back (it just doesn’t happen). You also need to think about landing all the hits with Flame Ground, which is another situational thing that a lot of situations work around.

If you really wanted to argue for one giving more DPS than the other, why not just argue that Flare needs setup before you can use it (burned enemies or enemies in your fire skill aoe) while Flame Ground doesn’t lol. That’s a more fair argument, and everyone has their own preference so you should max FG if you feel like it!

I think your Hold is broken. Hold definitely has a large range, and it definitely isn’t instant cast.

But that was a harpeia haha…if we’re comparing using Elementalist’s strongest skills, why not compare it to Temple Shooter’s skills (way stronger) and not Harpeia?

Also, isn’t that boss the ele fighting fire? So it gets more dmg from ice?

Yeah, I JUST now realized that I was accidentally using Morph and thought I was using Hold… (I didn’t have my summon out so I couldn’t notice)
Derp…
Lol so like, why is Attack Ground even a thing? What is the point of it?
And wow, I did not know you could jump cancel Flare… And yeah I knew Flare required setup, but I didn’t think to use it in an argument xD

The only legitimate reason I can think of is to use it to cancel out Hold, since the summon will remain holding its position until you ride it, morph/resummon, or use a different command (hold or attack ground).

God weapons. Period. Extremely hard to get and not many players have their weapons enhanced and trans +10 (10% and under have these). Also, some classes can kill bosses in 10 - 20 second time frames with these weapons, so sorc is only one of them. Just wait till higher lv weapons come out and they +11 - 15 that and trans it to +10 again. you will see higher numbers. lel

Seems to be getting a 25% magic boost because boss takes 25% more damage from all magic sources. must be weak from magic…lol The other is blessing.

We are comparing a much weaker weapon to a much stronger weapon here. If the same player resets and makes a video on just ele, it would be nice. lol

But judging from the damage she can do now without the op weapon, she is hitting really hard with the weapon she has. You will get more out of magic attack because you have more than one skill to use. This person is weaker than the other devil player because of the weapon power. However, she is just as good as the devils that where summoned in the videos.

It took her 24 - 26 secs (kept missing) to kill first boss with TS and 18 - 20 secs to kill second boss with TS. So that’s basically the same time frame it can take for ele to kill with hail and frost cloud with a weaker weapon trans +3. +3 = only 60% power. +10 = 200% power! huge difference. 140% more power than ele player…

Wait till ele gets hers to +10 trans and enhanced to +11 too with orange weapon. I bet she would kill a few seconds faster if she did. I’m guessing around 3-5 seconds faster (15 - 16 secs with just ele class). And if her magic attack is higher with the same weapon as devil girl those cards will make hail and frost hit over 50k-60k bec she can already hit 41k with the cards activated. Just imagine she activating them with 2k more magic attack. Holy Jesus! x3

1 Like

sorc summons can’t proc glass mole card? I have to agree with you while they make sorc viable, they still wouldn’t beat elememe since most other classes scale well with int stat, while sorc would only scale its summon with spr stat and weapon matk together with a necro. and ofc we couldn’t rely on necro summons on boss fights because of all the knock back mechanic this game only has.

But this buff makes summoner classes viable not as good as elememe in terms of dps, there will be class that are superior than others but that doesn’t make that class weak.

Well anyhow, I’m excited to put your theory to the test when patch comes, haha.