Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

yeah thought the same :confused:

Currently even if you have a lvl 15 summon skill the damage just feels awful. Full Spr and level 15 Skill and you still need to upgrade a weapon to insane #'s to even get near what the Devil pet used to hit likeā€¦

It looks like he can deal damage with fireball and joint penalty, as well as hit hard with the sage skills and summon familiar.

Summoned devil is always going to be out and hitting things, and possibly secondary damage source from some other pyro skill like flare.

The most unique thing about this build though is that it probably functions well in a party. Major support skills are missile hole and enchant fire. Joint penalty helps too, and itā€™s something you can use yourself for DPS if you manage to get it to work with fireballs (or with desmodus, evocation, and certain summon riding skills work well with JP).

I disagree with what Crevox thinks about cryomancer. Maybe in certain situations having pyro+linker is more valuable, but I think having the frost pillar, snow rolling, freezes, and decent damage from ice blast/gust is good enough for people to consider in their builds. Doesnā€™t mean cryomancer is the best or only option, just saying itā€™s not a ā€œweak choiceā€.

1 Like

Better yet, I want actual scaling with magic damage that can compete with or replace what SPR does. Itā€™s a bummer there are so many ways to increase damage, yet if it doesnā€™t come from our weapon, our summon doesnā€™t get any stronger. Itā€™s pretty much saying sorc will remain near-useless until you get transcendence on a good weapon.

The utilities listed enable powerful support options in parties. Things like Missile Hole are not often available in parties due to unpopularity of Sage (does not fit in most Wizard builds despite being a decent circle) and Pyromancer is out of favor in end game builds. All of these things are very useful in any party scenario, especially end game content such as Earth Tower. Sage used to be a weak option due to its low powered nukes, but now is quite decent, helping my damage output.

All of these are also potent utilities even when solo, especially Joint Penalty. Anything touched by Joint Penalty basically dies instantly, even in Earth Tower. It is difficult to justify taking Necromancer over Sage since the update, especially when Templeshooter has competition with other devils for mobbing, while Decay does not work on bosses. Decay is basically the only use of the circle since the Joint Penalty nerf and that is only useful for one devil out of many. I cannot justify this choice any longer, especially with how clunky decay is.

R9 is the big question mark. If we receive Shadowmancer then I wonā€™t regret going Sage, because Sageā€™s C2 is not great. However, if we donā€™t get a good R9 option, then Necromancer C2 may be appealing after the buffs that are coming.

I havenā€™t found Cryomancer to deal enough damage to be worthwhile. I believe the most useful thing that comes out of this option is frost pillar, which I find to be much weaker than joint penalty (minus the rare situations that joint penalty is not usable). This may just be personal taste, but even after trying Cryomancer, I would not consider it a strong enough option for my build at all.

Crevox

Itā€™s fairly clear to me that overall they want the weapon to reign supreme over everything.
However our scaling is too low for even their intent to work out in practice.
They could add an attribute to Summoning where the Summon gains x% of your INT.

i feel so ā– ā– ā– ā–  right now ā€¦ when i compare my pyro or sorc or necro dmg with the meta swordsman or cleric or archer builds they oneshot like 20 mobs with 1 aoe spell and they can kill bosses in like 10 sec :sob: i hate IMC for that

Weapon is always going to reign supreme over everything after all the changes they made (enhancements, etcā€¦), even more so when transcendence is a thing. They can scale summon damage with magic damage instead of just weapon attack, and the main determining factor of summon damage will still be weapon damage. I agree with your observation on their intents though.

Cryo3Chrono3Sage is #2 top build in both ktos and itos. Yes, I do think your taking linker over cryo is a matter of personal taste, but I also believe you see more use for it in your build. Your posts are kind of spitting on cryomancer unfairly I think.
https://treeofsavior.com/page/class/ranking.php

Itā€™s just my opinion. I do have a strong feeling that Cryomancer is just not a good choice for Sorcerer. We can agree to disagree.

Fair. Iā€™m curious to know what you think of Thaumaturge very late game. Seems to me the buffs mostly benefit when people are just starting to get geared, but at the end of the day thereā€™s a hard cap to how much damage those buffs give your party.

I would consider Thaumaturge C1 a useful choice for Sorcerer, and Iā€™ve debated including it over Linker C2. You can get around +400-500 ATK/MATK on it, and shrink/swell are both useful utilities.

I ultimately did not pick it because the damage boost basically comes out to 1-2 transcends on my weapon that doesnā€™t benefit my pet. +450 ATK/MATK is less than a 10% boost on my stats, and I would much rather have the utility of Linker C2 than that. If I have a Thaumaturge in my party, then that benefit is nullified. Picking an entire class circle for an ATK boost of less than 10% does not sound worthwhile enough. If I had more INT, then this would be even less proportionately.

Shrink and Swell are still interesting and that comes out to personal preference.

I did a bit of rough damage testing on my SorcC2/ThauC3 to see what stat distribution would be ideal. For anyone else taking a similar build, full SPR is highly recommended even if you want to have some DPS classes in there as well. The Swell buffs almost completely make up for the lack of INT investment and you can share it with your party to boot.

Testing done at lv318 with a 10 star TS against lv301 mobs (the Haze in Balaam Campsite because I happened to be hanging out there), with max level Swell buffs active (cast before summoning as well). Ignore my mediocre damage, my weapon right now is just a temp until I get an endgame one zz

1 INT:2 SPR - 3662 m.atk, 2~2.7k summon dmg
1 INT:3 SPR - 3619 m.atk, 2.1~2.9k summon dmg
Full SPR - 3484, 2.3~3.2k summon dmg

Thereā€™s only about a ~200 point difference in magic attack between 1:2 and full SPR, but ~500 more summon damage (1k if we count the double hits from TS). This also isnā€™t counting crits, or the fact that Iā€™m giving 100~200 more magic attack to my party as full SPR vs 1:2 or 1:3 split.

If youā€™re only going for C1 or C2 Thau you might want to have a split anyway since you wonā€™t get nearly as much bonus damage from SPR without Swell Brain, but as a C3 thereā€™s really nothing better to take for your stat distribution.

pl can get 1400 matk from thauma 3 ;x im creating now pyro3thauma3enchantr and will test that build in practic :slight_smile:

Personally I think cryo 3 is an awesome match with a sorcerer.
Especially for mobbing I think frost pillar has unmatched synergy with some summon skills. With frost pillar youā€™ll be able to utilize hitcounts and monster counts to the highest potential.
When comparing joint penalty and frost pillar they both offer very different things, both very strong skills. In my opinion joint penalty is support skill that will amplify your damage to a set amount of monsters allowing you to finish them off fast. While frost pillar is more slow paced, grouping up larger mobs pulling them together and utilizing rets of your or your partys kit to clear a much larger amount of monsters.

When it comes to sorcerer I find it very satisfying to combine summon skills and frost pillar where I can use both to their full benefits. With joint penalty using summon skills seems rather slow so youā€™d be using something else instead.
Some summon skills might even be rather difficult to be able to deal damage in a proper way and in some cases frost pillar makes it easy. A good example of that is helgasercles S where itā€™s quite hard to use efficiently when monsters are scattered and after they will be knocked away even further but frost pillar will help you to use the skills damage to its full potential and keep the monsters tightly pulled together, which is why itā€™s easy to follow with the other summon skill or something else entirely.

When comparing helgasercle to temple shooter I like helga better for mobbing with frost pillar since I get to utilize 2 different boss skills with frost pillar and Iā€™m able to clear larger mobs with a larger ease in comparison to temple shooter.
When it comes to boss hunting helgasercle isnā€™t very good and Iā€™d love to try and find out a better contender for temple shooter too.
I also find helga easier to use without frost pillar since D skills aoe is quite large circle where itā€™s easy to hits mobs not grouped in by a frost pillar, where temple shooter only has one good skill for mobbing which is S and grouping greatly helps with templeshooter to be able to hit as many monster as possible and to avoid casting in wrong direction (Btw you wonā€™t have to worry about this with helgacercle at all.)

Anyways I guess builds very much depend on what kind of playstyle youā€™re looking for. Personally I enjoy playing my cryo 3 sorc 3 for the good mobbing ability and I love using summon skills a lot. (Which brings me to wonder why doesnā€™t morph reset summon cooldowns anymore?)

I hope they will do something with the SPR build issues. I think they should either add some kind of spr scaling to other sorc skills too so weā€™d be able to have better damage for the rest of the kit as well. (Bats for example would greatly improve sorcs damage potential.) Evocation damage was buffed up nicely and desmodus isnā€™t terrible but I still feel both skills are unrewarding. They either need some kind of synergy with the rest of the class or some other modifications like debuffs/buffs that would greatly benefit using them. (Or other benefits like 2OH for desmodus etc.) In my opinion cat buffs should get an update as well.

Have you guys noticed when using https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21 there is ā€œRiding: Yes/Noā€ in every skill at the bottom?

This seems interestingā€¦not sure what to thinkā€¦:confused:

It just refers to whether the skill can be used while mounted on a pet, not while using Sorcā€™s Riding.
Which is useless for wizards since we donā€™t have a mount attribute, so itā€™ll dismount us everytime.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s a hint for a mounted wizard class for rank 9. :sweat_smile: (pls no)

1 Like

@Pinky

Wellā€¦that ruined everythingā€¦ :sob:

@Val

Haha, who knows, but! these next two ranks coming up will be tough. Itā€™s hard to tell what we will get due to thisā€¦

Rank1 - Dps
Rank2 - Dps/Def
Rank3 - Support/Dps
Rank4 - Support/Dps
Rank5 - Support/Utility
Rank6 - Utility/Utility - hidden Dps
Rank7 - Dps/Dps
Rank8 - Dps/Utility
Rank9 ??/?? - defense/support/utility?

Dps

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  5. no
  6. yes
  7. yes
  8. yes

Utility

1. no
  2. no
  3. no
  4. no
  5. yes
  6. yes
  7. no
  8. yes

Support

1. no
  2. no
  3. yes
  4. yes
  5. yes
  6. no
  7. no
  8. no

Defense

1. no
  2. yes
  3. no
  4. no
  5. no
  6. no
  7. no
  8. no

Total: dps (7), utility (4), support (3), defense (1).

Hard to tell what we get in rank 9, but it seems there is a good chance we will get a support class and defense class as the two new ranks. Defense class is highly likely due to only having 1 class with it (cyro). Support is next with only having 3. Utility is the next runner up after that and has a 50/50 chance. Dps has a very low chance of being in rank 9, but we can never really know till they show us D:

Shadowmancer could very well be that utility class and mimic seems more like support but i get a feeling it will be the next hidden class for wizard because its so odd compared to other classes (sticks out). Just like runecaster and how different it is. :seedling:

Iā€™ll be messaging you soon then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was thinking in a build like Wiz2 > Link> Tauma> Sorc2> FF2

Wiz 2 for surespell and energy bolt (think is a good skill now)
Link because i like soloing and linker is very efficient on this
Tauma to use transpose + Bloodcurse from FF

with 100-120 SPR rest on INT

What do you think? any suggestion?