Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Yeah, Temple Shooter is still up there and a sorc build with necro will almost always do higher damage with TS than with any other card. Exception is bossing, in which case I can confirm Mirtis does higher damage.

On non-necro sorc builds though, I think Helgasercle is good if you have it but TS will give pretty much the same results (weak damage summon lol).

The main thing to consider is what type of damage is your boss card?
TS = Pierce (Missile attacks have been changed to pierce, archers’ attacks included)
Mirtis = Slash
Helga = Magic
etc…

Ofc most of us don’t have the luxury of switching between all these fancy cards, and TS is our only option.

Sorc Necro is nice mobbing cuz of the decay boost but mobs usually die after i linked them & bats fly to them >_>

And boss cant be decayed so T.T

Im conflict with necro being my r8 now

Help me senpai T.T @Valentine

Linker3 … idk , is warlock 1 really should be avoid if im not going warlock 2 ?

Necro probably only let me link the tower to boss for now but it breaks fast anyway …

Man … i came from a ToS break and now my lovely sorcerer is the most ■■■■■■ class ever :sob:

1 Like

Just babbling but.

I think the general intent (but who knows its IMC) wasn’t to make INT useless for summons.
It was to make SPR attractive enough to invest some points in.
Not just as “yay infinite summon” but that you wouldn’t be losing out on your summon damage for investing in it (which was the case prior).
However with INT not playing a part there’s now this whole other issue.

Ideally. Summon classes would be encouraged to split their stats because the value from SPR is enough to justify losing some int. Like at the beginning of the game when you create a wiz character and that NPC tells you INT and SPR are a wizards main stats. Choose to be focused or balanced…

IMO they should’ve just made it so.
Summons take 100% of your magic attack instead of 50% weapon damage. Full SPR might still have more summon damage overall, but not enough to justify Full SPR. Instead you’d grab 100 or maybe 50% SPR as the relative hit won’t be so significant.
As it is now they might as well double every Summons damage factors by 2* except for melee AA’s which might as well go up 4*.

I also would like to add to your comment about the class design, from perspective of skills not stat, though.

Sorcerer should not out perform DPS of any other wiz build. It should be supporting wizard utilizing many summons depending on the situation. Summons should have different perks not only fixing on DPSing, for example,some might give AOE heal, CCs or AOE. That will make sorcerer use different cards on different instances/ party combinations. That will make player adapt to his card collection and also will make him happily invest in cards.

I think currently this class is too bland. It needs tremendous work (on skill rotation) and resource (+10 boss card? Helga? come on, we can’t do damage for crap and how are we going to out DPS in world bossing) just to be useful.

One can only hope that IMC will keep their words and improve the class.

The game design doesn’t work based on holding multiple different cards due to cards being lossed as a death penalty.
You can’t have a classes whole operation end on death.
What’s safe for Sorcs later on is to carry two specific cards, one as their primary and the other as their secondary, that do what they want. The other cards used as fodder or in team storage to be switched in when they return to town.

I understand thematically what you’re saying, just as for Druid they can transform into various type of monsters that do different things.
Sorc isn’t based on that kind of flexibility however, they’re based off emulating bosses which by and large are very simple “Do damage” affairs.

How they do damage and what type of damage differs between bosses. You really pick on that.

Throne Weaver should have a poison but it doesn’t and that’s unfortunate.
Note some bosses have knock backs, or they have attacks that target multiple enemies and so if enemies are clumped up they’ll collectively take a lot of damage. You have cool gimmicks like that but most of these things simply aren’t competitive with each other.

If anything I feel like Sorc should be damage efficient given that hypothetically you can kill their potentially main source of damage, disabling them until that minute long cooldown comes back into play.

There’s a handful of things outside of Sorc that IMO could be improved.

Reflect Shield: Should just have an Enhance Attribute or something at C3 that gives it a couple more reflections.
Lethargy: I don’t see why this couldn’t mutually benefit both SPR and INT builds. Actually if the scaling was doubled for SPR, that would further encourage splitting stats.

Enchant Fire: It’s a shame both that this doesn’t have an enhance and that it doesn’t have double the scaling for SPR.
Enchant Lightning: See above.

Linker: The Defense attribute for Physical Link could’ve been changed to final damage reduction based on some value of SPR.

Cryomancer: Rod mastery - That could’ve been changed to something like 30% of your SPR as Ice property damage.

Things like that then make a SPR friendly environment leading up to and coming after Sorcerer.

Allowing Enchant Lightning and Enchant Fire to affect Summon damage on some level.

A lot in this game feels like it “should” work but doesn’t.

Summon have 50% of our matk ? :o

Why isnt it on sorc attribute or anything =o

No summon has 50% of our weapon attack.

I lost the magic for linker with the nerf, and for my non mainstream sorc build, I chose to pick up thauma and feather. Its a more enjoyable style of play, and have decay as well, and for boss have Curse. I record my last video about the differences between Necro and feather build.
276 int/ 227spr

x.x thts fairly low

Can any1 help me with R8 pls T.T , i really cant decide on my own and i need 2nd opinion / constructive criticism

Full spr

Wiz2 (Reflect shield) - Link2 (Link obviously lol) - Sorc3 (Sorc is bae) - R8

A. Necro1 - Shoggoth/Dirty Pole/Flesh Cannon to debuff for TS dmg | debuff dnt work for bossing | Flesh Cannon still not bad dps is decay/corruption boost dmg for Missile/TS intended or? | Can link Dirty Pole to Boss | AOE Flesh Cannon

B. Linker3 - Lifeline pt mates (in hope theres int build char) | Face chances of breaking lifeline easily everytime

C. Warlock1 - DT single target burst | 10% dark property/attack/skill increase (?)

D. Sage - In hope future Bats can damage like fireball (although i would expect the duplicated amount = micro level

Edit : Just tested Salamion burn on my friend “46-120” lol

If I were you I would choose between A, B, or D. I really like the warlock costume but the class itself is lackluster (and you don’t even get the super strong version of mastema with c1), and mixing it with sorc just makes a sad combination.

Yes, it’s intended to double missile damage.

1 Like

Think il go with Necro then x.x

Btw do u think i should go for Link2 or Link1 Thauma1?

What’s the purpose of the build?

I don’t think that’s right. I’m pretty sure each card has its own base attack value (which gets influenced by the level of the card) and then depending on your level of summoning, additional damage is calculated from M.atk.

Ex: Level 5 summoning will mean that summon gets additional damage equal to 15% of your magic attack. Unless you mean weapon attack is magic attack?

"
Summoning:

• Summons have a Damage factor of 5%. Damage factor gained per level is 3%, and increases by 5% Per Card Level.
  • Summoned Demons now deal a fixed amount of damage equal to 50% of the Summoners Weapon’s Magic Attack."
    https://pastebin.com/Bxg4vAT1

Maybe I missed them changing that. But that’s exactly how it functioned when they introduced the weapon scaling.
I think I have a post back when they made that change and I found my damage had dropped like a rock.
Yes summons have their own base damage, they’re very minor

I think they changed that…If that were the case, wouldn’t summon damage drop drastically with and without a weapon? When I took my weapon on and off, the summon’s damage changed exactly equal to 35% of the magic attack value changes of having a weap vs. not having a weapon (lvl 15). Also, summon damage changed by that value too when messing around with no INT vs. full INT, suggesting that it’s scaling off of Magic attack (which is a combination of attack and INT).

My Weapon has 2187 M.atk and my 10 star mirtis has 5719 m.atk. Meanwhile I only have 3658 m.atk. My 1 star flammidus has 3925 p.atk too, which way more than 50% of my weapon’s magic attack (and my own damage too).

I’ll log in later to check if its changed however I do know that the stat window isn’t really accurate. If I’m not mistaken that window goes by the old formula and does not alter at all based on your Weapon. If the stat window was in effect the Summon would be doing its old damage mind you I think they should just tack weapon damage on top of the old formula instead of the crap they gave us.

Wasn’t there a list of Skill factors for summons now?

Haven’t seen one, but also haven’t been looking for one so if you find it you should link it :slight_smile:

You can check on tosneet for any individual boss cards skill statistics. Not sure if a compiled list is made tho.