Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

for enchant lightning only? no thx :slight_smile: sage has missle hole blink and 2 nice damage skills after patch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If only it’s easy to obtain that card, people won’t complain much.

It worth at least 8mil before this update so the price will skyrocket even more.

2 Likes

In case you haven’t noticed, summons had 200% MATK scaling before the patch. Summons are less gear dependent now than they were before the patch.

Do you think it’s OK for other classes to be able to get by with lowbie leveling gear while a sorc has to have a transcended, highly upgraded practonium weapon to catch up to a five hammer?

Which is stat dependent, not gear dependent.

This doesn’t work effectively because the scaling is too low.

“Gear dependent” means a class’s power is in direct proportion to its gear, so having top gear results in having top power, and having the worst gear results in having the worst power.

Why would anyone bother investing in top gear for a sorc when they could do just as well by putting crappy gear on another class? If sorcerers benefit from gear, let’s see an iToS sorc with outstanding gear to compare to the elementalist above, who had an unimpressive +8 stage 3 purple weapon and still killed the boss quickly.

What a viable class we have here.

Got any videos? The screenshots only show a couple hits per mob, so it looks like the red socket archer with 51,979 HP is getting hit from between 12k and 20k. I’d be curious to see if the numbers go anywhere at 10 stars (rushing the level 50 dungeon with alts generates a lot of card fodder so it could be possible during the event).

I tried shooting some tree crystals and hopping off immediately did lower non-riding damage. Didn’t try interrupting it in the middle of the attack yet.

This is frustrating. The class that was under-power before now is even more useless.

Additionally, linker, which was the only good synergy with sorc, got nerfed. Another good synergy with linker, wiz3 (Quick cast+ magic missile) does less damage.

While other classes got rebalancing, some nerfed, some buffed, Sorc3 can’t even reach standard level damage, both burst and sustain.

Not to mention wonky aiming mechanic when using Riding skills. (my only burst next to bats, and it is unreliable as heck)

Why am I even trying.

Just want to get this out. I expect a lot from this patch. I endure this sub-par-C3 for a long time expecting one day this unfinished class will reach the place its concept propose…

(pardon my English, not a native speaker)

1 Like

Mine @lv330 full spr

must get helga QQ but its so rare card ffs xD

What is your build? And stats?

Is there hope for sorcerers out there?

can helga user test tht dmg with 290 mobs ? or mission boss ?

dont lower level mobs gets dealt more dmg ?

yes ur right… thats why im always testing 290 dung :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Kur0ir0_Rai

Why are you using that on very low 130 - 140 level mobs? use it on 320+ mobs. I bet you will be hitting a lot less lol. Try melting that 290 dungeon boss in 10 - 15 secs like many other classes? lol don’t even think so. :sweat_smile: Even pyros fireballs are hitting 22k+ per ball! on same lv mobs with high gear, which isn’t even the best gear to get!

@alavien1

Ya, apparently we need the only best hard to get Helga card and ridiculously high gear to even hit 1/4th of what other classes hit. Not including the sacrifice of all our other skills dps and gear to make it work. If you compare gears and stats of a sorc to another class they will out damage you by 60-80k damage and will keep increasing that damage gap. How is 3 - 4k damage EVEN 6 - 7k damage good when everyone else is hitting over 15 - 25k per skill? Not including the same high gear trans making it 35k+ per skill. Right? I see all these videos of classes hitting so hard and killing bosses like they are their chew toy. They all are now like the pyro people hated when agny came. Now sorc is the one left behind.

@Valentine

Sorry Valentine :cry: some people get very aggressive about sorcerers… I apologizes for him/her being very upset with you. *hug even if you do not agree with what other people want you shouldn’t be pushed around for your own opinion.

@DarkLord

I understand your frustration about this but all we can do is hope Imc changes how it functions, which they themselves said they are still working on it. Today I will do my best to talk with the GMs about the difficulties of sorc and give some suggestions to help change sorcerer skills. *hug it will be okay… Lets just breathe and do our best to keep informing Imc about this so they know that it needs to be worked on. Also, I have made a thread you could look at. It will change every so often as I keep testing it out. So far I need to change what I typed about familiars and their splash damage. And a slight buff to my summon skill % scaling with magic attack.

2 Likes

Okay. We’ll all switch. Why don’t you give a card to all the people then.

2 Likes

Only time I saw it in market was for 40 mil (Before rebalance).

Mirtis and Helgasercle spawn in same maps though so I guess that makes boss hunting more manageable. Most of the time when I’m killing the field boss, nobody is there, which I guess suggests nobody is really trying to hunt it (or maybe I just get lucky?). Helga has like 30mil hp only now though.

@Ironheart

Thanks!

Hi.

Templeshooter has 100% SFR for autos. His rapid shot has an 80% SFR while his fourth skill has 100% SFR.

Helga has 150% SFR for autos, but she attacks slower. Her skills have 300% SFR which is why they hit hard (30s/50s cd), but Templeshooter’s fourth ability hits many more times if used properly (also 50s cd). His rapid shot hits many more times than both of Helga’s skills.

Helga probably comes out slightly better for skill usage, but they’re not that far apart. Helga may hit hard, but the hit count is a lot lower than Templeshooter’s skills. For autos, it’s debateable, but the different damage types are important to consider.

Helga will not suddenly fix your damage if you aren’t doing much. Pets got nerfed with this patch, but you can bring them up to damage values close to before the patch (or higher with skills) if you specialize properly. This patch was an overall buff to Sorcerer.

There are some other pets that got buffed with the update; you should try some of them out and be creative with your skill synergy. An example of a pet that was buffed is Cerberus.

-Crevox

4 Likes

Such as Spectre Monarch, NetherBovine, Chappariton, etc.

What cards do Sorc equip now? Not Grimoir but for actually equip in equipment slots.

Don’t believe there’s any alternative to all Chapparitions.

Hrrm, I never use SP potions though. Guess I can just fodder cheap ones from npc. ;/

Not having to use SP potions is a plus because then you’ll have complete control over when you activate it (won’t have to use it to recover SP).

what do you mean by “specialize properly”? Do you mean going full SPR or whatever? Yea it’ll probably do a lot more damage, but at the cost of sacrificing every other damage skills and being dedicated solely to Riding.

I still can’t see how it’s an overall buff when all I received was an overall nerf. My source of damage with pyro got nerfed, that’s fine, but even my summon’s damage deals a lot less than before even with high spr.

Are you on iToS? Really? What is your weapon?? I was pretty sure we had the patch where summons were just bugged (like ktos had) cuz I’m 261 okay but a Sorc3 and putting my templeshooter to 7* he only does 1500 dmg. Only. And it doesn’t even scale when I mount him, Might try SPR full tomorrow cuz I went with 50spr full int by today.