Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

If it’s so gear dependent, let’s see those videos of iToS sorcerers using riding to kill mission or 290 bosses in 10 seconds like other classes do when they have top gear. You won’t produce any because summons gain less from gear than other classes. The scaling is worse than it was pre-patch when we had 200% MATK added.

4 Likes

I’m doing a lot less damage Riding than before the patch… I tried high spr but was still too low damage to kill like before, other skills were even less damage because of low int.I think I’d need to go full spr to get back the loss damage when Riding.

Now I’m just sticking to something like 1:1 which is okay because my other skills and basic attack are at least usable now to make up for the lack of summon damage. Surprisingly, letting it AA while I myself just spam AA is doing a lot more damage than riding it to attack. Probably because of higher matk from weapons and int giving way more matk.

At this point, going full SPR doesn’t seem worth it at all… and I just realized Riding attribute also got nerfed by half like other skills.

Sorc still sucks ■■■■ especially with pyro skills nerfed.

I’ve been testing by trying to solo 200 dungeons like before but it’s so painfully slow now…

2 Likes

Just because Sorc is gear dependent doesn’t mean that Sorc is top tier damage…literally nobody here has said that.

yeah I see a lot less value in riding. I just use my skill and jump off like before riding was buffed.

Riding power I assume is a long term investment as you need the highly expensive attributes that raise Riding damage maxed. ;[ Although if you wanna kite stuff to death with a mobile tank Throneweaver is pretty sweet.

If the level clerics can reach under ideal circumstances is too high, let’s go down to looking for a geared iToS sorc using any combination of sorc skills to do average damage compared to other well geared classes. It can’t be considered gear dependent if it’s still weak with gear. It can’t be gear dependent if it doesn’t get more from gear than the old 200% MATK attribute did.

1 Like

Mean while… elementalist takes the stage…

Ya… my life is over… :sob:

Yeah it can? In case you haven’t noticed, one of the main changes of the rebalance is making skill % based --> everyone is gear dependent, including Sorc.

But when you need to have high INT, high magic atk from weapon (no this is not the same as INT for sorcs), good boss cards, and high SPR, I think it’s safe to say you’re more gear dependent than an elememe that can just focus on maxing magic damage, which they can get from ways outside higher-tier gear (just maxing INT and having five hammer will give you what you need to do content).

Practically the only way to get a lot of SPR is through the stat points, most gear doesn’t give SPR (or gives so little of it) and you can’t even get it with enchanted headgear. Right off the bat that limits summoners to building with high SPR. Boss Cards also were changed so that they have a lot lower base damage and your gear is what determines their damage. So since you already have to stack SPR, the only way to increase your summon’s base damage so it’s not stuck at 1-2k (and so that you actually reap the benefits from all that SPR you have) is through the best gears the game can offer.

It can’t be considered gear dependent if it’s still weak with gear? Since when did being gear dependent mean the same thing as “Sorc will do the same amount of damage as top DPS classes if you get gear?” On the contrary, gear dependency to me means you can’t clear content at an appreciable pace until you get some decent gear, which is exactly the story with Sorc. Being weak and being gear dependent are not mutually exclusive, and Sorc is practically the best example of that.

No one here wants to settle for mediocrity but you.

The last thing we need is a ■■■■■■■ apologist who makes excuses for IMC’s incompetence. After months of player feedback and suggestions, this is the ■■■■ they come up with? What did people like you say last time?

“Dw, they will fix the issues with the massive balance update”

And now? “I’m sure they will fix it in the NEXT update”

■■■■ right off.

You bet your ass I want Sorc to be a top tier dps class, that I want them to put an effort on balancing this class instead of the incompetent ■■■■ they come up with. HP/DEF/ATK should scale off INT ■■■■ SPR, new attributes need to be added for C3 to make it viable. Boss cards need an overhaul, skill %s and cds need to get reworked, damage/element types need to be properly added. The riding glitch needs to ■■■■■■■ go once and for all. Morph needs a complete rework with an attribute for C3, which evolves both boss cards to a fused monster with a limited duration. This is the most unique class in the game and its about time they got creative.

People talk about Necro more then Sorc, thats how pathetic this class has become. Its about ■■■■■■■ time people that stuck with Sorc C3 since the beginning got rewarded.

3 Likes

I WANT MAH MOTHER FUKING FIRE DEMONS

AND I WANT THEM NOW

1 Like

My attribute is already about 60 and it still sucks. They nerfed all enhancement attributes by half so they only give 0.5% each level… The Riding attribute is less valuable compared to before, especially with its high cost.

Personally I’m not going to cripple my character just to commit it fully to only Riding for meh damage.

I assume they want us to be more reliant on gears but let’s be honest, having high matk doesn’t just boost Riding, it’ll also boost other skills. Which means Riding would still suck compared to doing other things. Unless you crippled yourself into going full spr which leaves you with no other choice than Riding…

Not settling for mediocrity, I welcome any buffs to my main class with open arms.

No excuses for IMC were made. But if someone is wondering why they’re hitting 1-2k while sorcs in videos can hit upwards of 10k, ofc I will respond with the reason being that gear matters a lot more now because that is the answer.

Am level 280 at the moment and only have a Corona Rod and dirt poor. Should I try to +11 it or go hunting grounds and try to get a better rod/staff?

If hunting grounds, which one drops appropriate weapon for my level?

I’m guessing that you want a fire themed sorc haha…Fire Lord Kitty and Salamion buffs are your dream?

It’s annoying because some attributes actually stayed 1% per level, riding should’ve been included as well considering how low summon base damage is now.

If you think you can get to 315 before the reset event ends, I recommend resetting to a different class to level so you won’t want to kill yourself while leveling. After you reach 315, you can worry about getting one of the hunting ground staff/rods, which will put you in a good position for getting better gear after (but sorc is not a good farming character so maybe do it with friends or on an alt).

To all the people complaining about their devil hitting for 2k i can say put your Templeshooter in retirement and switch to Helgasercle.
Look at those sweet numbers.
https://puu.sh/vTGev/7e5421592c.jpg
https://puu.sh/vTGdD/914c40adb8.jpg
https://puu.sh/vTGbk/7683e2d7b6.jpg

Keep in mind i am only level 266, casually geared (bad) and my Helga only has 3 stars.

When were using riding skills , do we need to ride until skill animation finish for the “riding dmg” or we can actually ride off once we clicked the skill ?

1 Like

Are those auto attack or all skills? I think my Nuelle, Riteris or Spectre Monarch can put out that much damage with their spells only on Demon prison 2 mobs. My TS AAs for 3k damage per arrow there, but his attack speed is still pretty darn fast compared to most non-melee summons so it still works out to higher sustained pewpew damage

So far I haven’t seen a Helgasercle sold on the shops though. TS is hard to retire when it was the best one could ever afford XD.

Throneweaver’s probably the best for all melee mobs nowadays.

ok i tested again pyro3 with 190 spr and rest int (with windia rod 250 int and spr) must sayits nice damage now fireball (lvl 15) hitting like 27 000 withenchant fire lvl 7 flaming ground (lvl 1) like 8 000 fire pillar 11 000 (lvl 10) hell breath 10 000 (5 lvl) ultimate dimension lvl 5 12 000 per tick and micro 35 000 at lvl 4… so damage is not bad imo :slight_smile: with blink and missle hole survivality is a lot better :smiley:

conclusion: if u want better damage go fire if u want better cc go cryo :smiley: sage is a way better thanenchanter -> missle hole blink and really nic damage now :slight_smile: if somoen dont like sorc3 can go lock 1/2 mastema damage is really nice now

You can go Elementalist c1 instead of Sage too.
Srs.

Those are her skills. Her autoattack is a fairly large aoe in front of her that hits twice for 3-4k per hit.
She’s still slower than TS but her skill can deal way more damage (Up to 40k if all the hits get max damage)… Also TS is ugly C:

Also keep in mind that’s her damage at 3 stars with 370SPR. Can’t wait to level her up.