Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

for me i only got 20~30% increase to 0 spr to full spr that is a lot less than show in the videos
i’m using hunting ground weapon lvl 220+6, close to 2,5kMatk card level 10 as well.
edit: ops 2,5kmatk was before i reset with int; now i have less because i removed the int for spr, but i don’t remember the exactly value, i’m not logged in the sorc but the test still stand it was not even close to 30%.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I know most of you probably noticed this already but, for those who did not, there is now a new Summon: Riding attribute at the Sorcerer master that increases damage as well. I had missed that at first. :slight_smile:

Wow… this class is all over the place. I have testing the Spr build. I was hitting 1.76k-2.6k each hit. Sorc is absurdly lacking in power. Spr is not increasing power like I saw in the video. It is increasing def and magical skills of the summon only - not its physical power. Only Int is helping its base power. This is a very bad mechanic. They separated magic damage and physical damage now… Even going full int is not enough to help this devil hit hard enough to compete with other classes. We are just hitting a little over the 2k mark… while other classes are hitting over 10k-15k per skill. This is not including some other skills hitting over 30k! There is no point in taking sorc or even going sorc c3 when those 2-3 spots can be used for more dps and better functions. *sigh… :disappointed_relieved:

The only thing holding this build together are the bats… it’s very sad. You have to do too much to make this build work. It stresses you out.

This is what I would do:

Remove the double attacks from devil cards! (This does not help other cards compete with each other and forces people to use certain cards they might not like). The devils base power (physical and magical) now scales with magic attack by 200% (Still keeping 50% bonus from 10 star card). Keep the devils defense as is (it’s perfect). This would give the player a better overall devil if they go both Int and Spr (1:1 Int/Spr build). Their devil would have both good attack and def. Making sorc a decent class to get. If need be - take some of the % damage from the other skills within the sorc class (like evocation or salamion (he is useless anyway!)) and add that to the devils power. Because there are 3 other skills that function only to the devil skill like hold, attack ground, and morph. These skills take valuable room from other better skills that could be implemented. So… why not make the devil stronger because that’s the skill that effects the sorc the most? The devil is what sorc is all about. It’s suppose to be a badazz!

Also if you unlock sorc c3 add an attribute that increases devil power by 50% more when not using the ride skill (this gives the devil 300% power total). The devil already attacks very slow so why not? Also, some people don’t want to ride the devil so they can use their own skills! The devil doesn’t even use its skills - it just auto attacks and players can easily avoid that. This devil needs to be feared! People can just walk right through it and not care if they are hit once. Its a slap to the face! lmao…

• I am on my knees…begging! :laughing:

Anyway… * gets knife. I’m done…no point living anymore… (this is where you say bye! lmao)

I’m just to dam emotional for sorc. It’s my #1 fav and it gets thrown all over the place like a rag doll…

9 Likes

I mean there was a point in ktos where the spr damage increase wasn’t functioning properly, it also could just be bugged for us, so perhaps we should inform them about it? [quote=“Ironheart, post:2028, topic:188142”]
I’m just to dam emotional for sorc. It’s my #1 fav and it gets thrown all over the place like a rag doll…
[/quote]

I feel you. :pensive:

What? My temple shooter gets its damage boosted from SPR just fine, and it’s physical.

Monsters at DG are dealing me same amount of damage with and without Riding skill!!

I bought two psychic bands (180 SPR total) and tested by equipping and removing them. Took off my weapon so that wouldn’t be a factor, and also tested on hanamings so the log defense/damage formula will not be a factor either.

(Not counting crits), the damage range for 381 SPR was:
4300-5300.

The damage range with psychic bands equipped (561 SPR) was:
5100-6800.

So with only 180 SPR, the increase in damage was 18.6%-28.3%…From no SPR to full SPR at level 330, you should definitely see more than 30% increase in damage.

I really think this is a bug. In the past, the summon’s defense would add to yours when you used riding (you could literally check by looking at character info before and during riding). Now, I ride and look at my defense and it stays unchanged. The buff icon when riding is still there but the effect doesn’t seem to be.

Where did you get the idea that SPR damage is bugged -_-.
That Bug was in Ktest only it never went to the live servers, and it was repaired on ktest before it went to the Live Servers.
This was notably before the Transmit Prana change. We already have the changes.

@Valentine
They removed the stat increase from Riding. This was done mid-way through the testing period in Korea.
With the change to how defense and such was calculated it presumably was no longer deemed necessary.
Everything should clean up with the OoB fix.

If you mean the defense increase, yes that’s what it seems, but the bug is that when you ride it still says you’re getting defense from riding when you aren’t.

Wait for the OoB update patch.

Im at lv 326 and with full int build my temple was hitting like 1,5k, with a full spr it was hitting like 3k … wtf is that? sorc seems useless now, I tried to ride with that new ride atribute at lv 70 and there was no difference with temple’s skills…same trashy dmg 3k

Ok tested on 260 mobs in kalejimas, avg dmg 1200 from skeles! Nothing equipped, 359 SPR and all skeletons attributes at 50! Since I’m not seal clubbing hanamings, I think something is askew :confused:

Sidenote: they do tank well

Currently have cryo3, tomorrow I will test linker3

My bad I should know by now that I shouldn’t believe what people say before testing myself. :no_mouth:

Got bored and switched my r8 from sage to Featherfoot.

That summon isn’t a summon for SPR purposes.
The stab thing gives Decay and TS damage increased with it still.

Trying to find some kind of new filler since I don’t like Sage.

Can’t abandon my Pyro C3 portion. Tried going just high CD skills.

Might do Necro as an r8 filler again like I did in ktest but it’s so far from my theme and I don’t like building around TS. Needs moar ph1r3.

Something is up because with full Spr I hit 1130-2534… That’s just too low. I’m lv 304 with 50 Spr from gear and 320 stat points in Spr. card lv5 weapon has 950 magic. Me and three other sorcs were hanging out and testing damage and none of us could get 3k so i admire you @DacreFullbuster lol… and what is strange is sometimes my devil hit 768 damage! that’s insane. The min to max is really off…

What is worse is the mobs dodged A LOT (40%-50% of the time). It took 55 hits to kill one mob (20 lvs below me!)! I’m using gear an average somewhat player would be using, however the damage should not be this low. All my other skills hit soooo much harder. And I’m not geared with anything op. If i had op gear I would be using my other skills then the devil! Why even bother right? I mean i hit so much harder with skills its just useless…

@DacreFullbuster I know right! This class is messed up so bad…

@Valentine using op rings that you buy from shop (saying that bec gear combined doesn’t give that)? -_-

Would be a great time to release a new hidden class for wizards to go well with sorcerer… :smile:
I’m still praying for enchanter being of use someday… Not too keen on sage either.

Eh? I bought those rings to try to come up with a formula for how SPR increases damage. It’s easier to be able to equip and unequip 180 SPR than rely on daily stat reset potions.

Anyways, in the KTOS site, nexon made a statement saying they will focus on balancing summoner classes in upcoming patches. Hang on in there I guess.

Ya, i learned enchanter doesn’t boost summoned devils damage either when you boost your own lv. Sucks too. lol

Sage is okay. The cloned bats with missile hole helped guard from archers, but when I fought a featherfoot that thing killed me and the other 100 bats (she killed herself too). lmao

btw fireball with sage isn’t so bad. Just use both overheats of fireball clone once wait 8 secs then clone again and again. Not too bad for dps (more than my devil could ever do).

@Valentine oh, i was just saying that those rings that you buy with money are too good. there is no gear that gives that though. Highest i saw was 45 Spr. Really think they should remove those items from the tp shop.

And ya, i know :cry: it just hurts me inside. *gets the rope knotted… Well nice knowing you guys *jumps off lmao

I’m guessing is time for Templeshooter to rest.
On the other hand, Hergasercle and Nuaele skills hit really hard… And for some reasons the Cerberus belly flop too lol

Haven’t tested with Mirtis and Rexi since i still miss those two.