Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

so w/c is better blue/red? hmmm

Red technically gives more average damage (by very little) but Blue will give more consistent damage.

But I don’t think gems apply to summon damage.

For magic classes, blue gem main weapon is best. Staff + 5x blue.

For summoners, blue gems increase summon damage, red gems do not increase summon damage.

Summon damage is based on:
-Weapon damage number (not magic attack) (anvil apply, transcend apply, blue gem apply)
-SPR (+0.33% damage per 1 SPR)
-INT (+1 flat damage per 1 INT)

SPR scaling + strong weapons beats INT, this is why all summoners build full SPR.

one of strongest sorc enchanters, showing stats and weapon.

how do you know this?

But blue gem does not increase the weapon damage number. The Primus Raffye Staff at +16 trans 10 is 6247 damage, blue gems didn’t increase it. https://tos.neet.tv/items/274116 .

Would be interesting to see video showing summons are affected by gems

1 Like

Yes, somehow blue still affects but red does not.

Also more info about sorc summon:
-SPR value is taken when you cast Summoning, this is why top sorc players use Masinios Rod (max SPR stacks) to summon and then swap to staff after summoning
-Weapon damage number is updated, so they swap to staff (higher number) after summoning
-Red card does not affect summon damage (such as reaverpede)

KR text about factors which affect summon damage output:

<서모닝 데미지에 영향을 미치는 것들> 정리

1. 무기 공격력
    (모루 강화, 초월, 블루젬(레드젬 안됨), 무기 갈갈까지 적용)
    (실시간 적용)
  2. 정신 스탯 (소환시 정신 스탯으로 쭉 적용)
  3. 카드 별 숫자 (1~10성)
  4. 서모닝 레벨
  5. 탑승시 탑승 강화 특성
  6. 근접 공격 타입 한정 호풍 증댐50% (카구라는 적용안됨)

입니다.

All summons in-game currently use the same attack formula (diev owl, templar forge cannon, bokor zombie, necromancer summons, sorcerer).

To me it was common knowledge. I don’t have a video of it, however you could try it yourself if you still have a clean weapon without blue gems. (compare summon damage with blue gems and without)
After inserting gems, I do not recommend ungemming. I can record it later once I get higher blue gems.

From steam server, I can provide you a quote about cleric summons (all summons function similarly, applies for sorc summon too):

Yes, even templar forge cannon scale on spr: video here

New cards (froster lord, gorkas, succubus)

Someone tried to reach 9 hits on boss with normal frosterlord attack without Falconer aiming, managed to get 7 hits (?)

1 Like

Ok thanks, didn’t know.

I hate summon testing since the damage range is always so big so I don’t expect you to show video proof I’ll just take your word.

1 Like

I didn’t do any in depth tests but I somewhat checked the blue vs red gems thing myself. I used to have an RHS and the summon damage did go up after I finally slotted in blue gems. Unfortunately I messed up that RHS in a yolo gamble to get it to +16 from +15 so I ended up breaking it for shards and using a skull smasher instead as a main weapon. The skull smasher was originally intended to be a “multi class” untranscended weapon so I put red gems in it, and I did not see any increase in damage to my summons after slotting those in.

1 Like

Gem doesn’t do anything with summon.

This is one thing I really dislike about summon damage building. >_< I wish they remove the snapshot effect and make it so that we need to be more careful with deciding on the weapon we use. Like having to choose between the high spr masinios rod offers between the obvious high matk provided by staffs.

Would be a lot more interesting in my opinion. Also reaching some ridiculous amounts of damage with using transmit prana etc. For snapshottin shouldn’t be possible.

In my opinion snapshotting just creates a need to gear even further than other classes which is very straining…

Edit: I mean it’s ridiculous you basically need a masinios rod and shield or a dagger with high spr roll. Then a 2h staff with good stats full trans 5 gems and high enhance. Then you’d want armor set with high spr rolls and potentially a secondary armor set with better alternative stats after snapshotting. Also there’s the stupid timed bracelet for 180spr… necklace being kite moor I’m fine with.

2 Likes

Test
The summon is Ravenzard, slow attack easy to track.

Weapon with 2 x level 7 blue gem + 1x level 6 blue gem.
Damage reach 32’000.

Unequip all blue gems after 6:30
Damage cannot reach 32’000. Cannot even reach 30’000.

I will include this info in new All-wizard thread when I make it, once wizard rework patch hits Korea server.

Will you believe me too if I tell you red gem does not affect summon damage?

@Val Yes, a lot of set-up is required. An advantage of sorc: sorc does not need multiple damage attributes unlike dps skill-rotation classes. Pure sorc or sorc-enchanter2 just needs the Riding attribute.

3 Likes

ill jst settle for meh gear for now i got 4 sorce im gearing up so it will take a while for all them… doing it one at a time but thanks… good thing i started pumping blue gems… i use red for leveling… maybe ill put blue in a nice 350 weapon. besides im still pumpig attributes at the moment for one sorce. hehehe

1 Like

Well depends on build, if going for other damage classes like sage/shadowmancer/ff/warlock you’ll still need to buy attributes, I personally don’t like enchanter 2 variants of sorcerer but I guess it’s just my opinion. Hopefully in future sorc 3 would have some worthy skills in which attributes were worth investing, bats other than riding is fine but not needed.

Also while sorcs may have the luxury of not needing many attributes there’s still card costs which can go high depending on players own preferences. Personally I like to collect all summon cards even tho I won’t end up using many of them. >_< Then there’s demon lords which can be overly expensive. Personally paid 70m for marnox card… :x

1 Like

im same with you… hurt my silver a little from a 40m mirtis :joy: 15m helga x2 thats still 30m. Naktis 5m, got some weird spirit cards too forgott the names… and i still got 12 linkrollers to level for each sorce :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: im not rishing them i just used the cards i get from dun or saalus to pump them when ever… as for attributes… its not on sorce attri., my class includ, a base of cryo and sorce but they are all diff in the upper class part… one is an elem all frost and lightnig skill, one is a warlock and one is an alch, my 4th one im still thinking if shadow or just leave it until rank 10 pop up… and im still saving for a frostlord once it comes out to put on my elesorce… 2 of them have ts lvl10 and 3 of them have netherbov lvl10

i do appoint each sorce a theme boss if its out thats why i collect some of the cards… marnox can wait… for now hahaha… yeah i have a weird habbit on making variants…

1 Like

lol speaking of collections I’m only missing Blut now! I believe I have all the other random ones, but I haven’t really listed them down so I might have missed a few. Looking forward to Froster Lord and Gorkas, the build I reset into is missing that extra oomph for killing bosses so the new card patch is just what I need.

2 Likes

i know right… all the random cards just to collect… as of now im just shutting my trap on the server and just wait if a card pops up i like and buy :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I think it add +5 in the Grimoire’s UI, but i’m not sure is the UI is bugged. And every SPR +5 flat defend
At the same time, I think Summoning Skill % is apply on the value on UI and during summoning, but not on the Weapon’s Matk.
Hence, for me it looks like lv1 Summoning and lv15 Summoning makes no much different, when >95% of the factor is based on weapon.

1 Like

Marnox card is really expensive. Best summon for all-content though. Marnox auto is still difficult to beat. 1s cd, double punch.

@Kihseki @game8bravo wow card collectors. You will get 4 new cards to collect after summon patch. Succubus, ravenzard, gorkas, frosterlord. Gorkas great AoE, frosterlord great riding skills and great vs boss. Succubus makes a lot of noise with normal attack it is annoying like Lithorex. I do not recommend ravenzard for party play, auto-attack splash and AoE knock all mobs away.

@nightrain_scy Yes I believe so. On my sorc3, I did not notice a lot of difference between summoning 1, summoning 5, summoning 10, and summoning 15. Summoning skill, I also think it just applies on Grimoire UI (applies to attack stat of summon).

Think it is:
(attack stat of card * Summoning skill%) + your weapon value = S.Attack.
S.Attack * SPR bonus => final.
Final * skill factor% (from tosneet).
Then, insert into the big damage formula with the Log.

Attack stat of card, it already increases by 50% on a 10-star card (5% increase per card star). Summoning at most adds 35% (summoning 15).

Weapon value include blue gem, anvil, (…)

5 Likes

1 more thing, if anyone would notice some summon have this SFR for 100% and some only 110% (not the skills). It mean some summons have additional of 10% attack damage.

This value is tested and proofed during Pokemon Event, where Solmiki mobs with 400% and Lolopanther 300%, that’s why they are dealing extraordinary damage.

This value also probably less concerned by IMC so i guess it will be leaving it as that.

2 Likes

Your formula is the same as what I use to explain summon damage to people when they ask me. I do try to crunch in the numbers and they come out more or less correctly, even kind of consistent with how challenge levels increase mob def and how the summon damage is affected lol.

EDIT: particularly when they ask how weapon matk is calculated, and how important SPR is. (0.3% per point of spr is huge)

3 Likes