Tree of Savior Forum

[Solved] Day/Night Cycle (Dynamic Weather?)

I’m sorry if this has been suggested somewhere else (the automatic listing doesn’t appear so I guess not).

I was wondering about the possibility of having a day-night cycle for maps. That’s it, rather simple :city_sunset: :bridge_at_night:

What about dynamic weather? :partly_sunny: Maybe it’s restricted to just some maps we haven’t seen yet, and I’d be fine with that to be honest.

There’s some interesting things that can be done with the system, like having certain events happen only at night, but that’s getting into game design so I won’t comment further.

Well some map have rain. But it’s not random weather effect. It’s just they made it have rain in that map.

I don’t see why this wouldn’t be possible eventually. However the problem is this defiantly should NOT be priority currently as more important things should be addressed. Maybe as a down the road after release.

This would be a nice idea, maybe some classes can benefit (or the opposite) a little based on the weather conditions.

They had a Q & A

I want to know if there’s day and night system in the game.
There is no day and night system in the game.

2 Likes

From what I remember, IMC said they wanted certain maps to have a certain atmosphere in one of their blog posts, so having dynamic day/night cycle was not in planning. I guess something along the lines of a creepy graveyard not being that creepy with the sun shining.

Thanks. I actually did read the 7 pages of FAQ when the new site launched but it’s been a while so I forgot :see_no_evil: My bad!

I don’t usually necro threads, but Im playing right now, and I swear to Gaming God, that Paupys Crossing, never had rain effect. And it does now oO

And even the lamps there are lit the hell is going on?