Tree of Savior Forum

Camera view rotation

And a zoom out option as well please

1 Like

I think the camera is good that way x3
maybe more zoom out

3 Likes

You can zoom out/in by mouse wheel.

I’m aware of the mouse wheel zoom out and zoom in but It’s still too close I want it zoom much more.

I am afraid map rotation isn’t possible for the same reason camera on League of Legends or any isometric game can’t be rotated. Simply put, most of the assets and models might only been made specifically to be viewed by one side only. Like for instance the cliff have good graphics but the underside of it is blank.

And it’s all for a good reason too, less strain for your computer since you don’t have to render an actual 3D model but just parts of it. And some of the beautiful landscapes on the map are only achieved by layering (something that rotation will ruin big time)

Zooming function has limitation because well rendering again and balance, would be unfair if you can see monsters far from you. And rendering because, they don’t want you to look past the map.

Who knows a future class might have a buff that increases your sight range enabling more zoomed out perspective. One can only wish OwO

7 Likes

What about a Z-axis interface? I want to see the sky too, and a day-night cycle to go with it please.

That will never happen ouo

Oh well, a girl can dream, can’t she? :relaxed:

I just want a Zoom out =)

2 Likes

RO feelings x_x

1 Like

I made a suggestion for day/night cycle here

You can see in the replies they don’t have plans to implement it, very much to our dismay :broken_heart:

Oh, what I meant is that seeing the sky is something that may not happen x3
But day-night cycle is a nice Idea, I want that too x3

It is possible, with some client modification !
/!\ Dizziness warning

STOP, they already said that is not going to happen NEVER. They wanted to do this more inmersive not like a CAR SIMULATOR.

And that video makes me throw up. :joy:

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/07/Shake-Head-No-GIF.gif?gs=a

2 Likes

That is sad and I’m disappointed. I remember when Ragnarok had a day-night cycle, but they took that out too. I know I can’t expect Tree of Savior to be Ragnarok’s sequel, but I thought it was going to be what Ragnarok failed to be as since this is Kim Hakkyu’s magnum opus. I hope they don’t build a clocktower in game.

1 Like

No need to be aggressive. I’m just denying the fact that it “isn’t possible”. It is.
I agree it won’t ever be officially supported though.

Only zoom out. People with large monitors got advantage x.x

Hey guys~
There’s a UseCameraRotation setting in the game folder’s user.xml…

I’m not sure if it works though… either it’s bugged or not implemented yet