Tree of Savior Forum

[SOLUTIONS] For Launcher Bugs/Problems (For future reference)

I was in the game fighting a boss there 's nothing left the game and asked to update the game updated there when I enter the game again gave this error at the time q goes to the selection of perssonagem .

Iā€™ve got the problem, that whenever I press start in the launcher, a window opens, saying: ā€œSteam must be running to play this game. SteamAPInitfailedā€

Iā€™ve the same problem and nothing here worked.

After finally getting this game installed (which took me a day or two), I am now facing another challenge.
This error message keeps popping up when trying to connect to a server:

"The client has been shutdown due to broken IPF files. Please re-download the client through Steam. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I already tried Right clicking ToS > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache to which it found a missing file. I thought it will solve my problem so I updated the game but still getting the same error.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I donā€™t want to go through the whole download process if I could. :weary:

1 Like

Same error that I am getting. Hope someone can help us with this.

Try this [Guide] How to fix login issue (Broken IPF File 03/11/2015), It works for me. :smiley:

Cannot connect to server problem. Help. Is the server down or is it just mine? T_T

2 Likes

Help, a new error when I go to the Latin server
ā€œThe .ipf files are damaged and cannot be read. The client will now shutdown.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™ve the same problem here.

1 Like

Helpā€¦
Already tried all the servers, it always says a new update but no update appears.

1 Like

anyone got a solution for ā€œA new patch is available. The client needs to shutdown for the updateā€ error?

deleted and redownloaded patches - no go.

redownloaded client no go.

Please help.:slight_smile:

hi! Iā€™m also getting the broken IPF files error and I already tried ALL the possible solutions presented in this thread but nope none of them is working in my case. I hope IMC can do something about this because I donā€™t want to redownload the whole thing again.

muchas Gracias por arreglar el error qde los archivos IPF

I go this tryng to launch the game, any idea ?

1 Like

iOBT isnā€™t released yet. You need to wait.

Oh, thatā€™s why ? Thanks.

Yeah. Youā€™re using some mixed parts from iCBT and iOBT which have only a few files but I donā€™t think it changed that much internally.

when i start tos, when the servers list comes up there are no servers :cry:
please could you help me

Same just downloaded the game and when i try pick a server the server list is just blank : o

Hi guys, servers will start next week :slight_smile: (march 29 to be clear)