Tree of Savior Forum

Solution for 4th April Maintenance Bugs - Visual C++ 2015 installation Error Fixed - VC 2015 Installer Updated

Well, all we can do is coping with those bugs. I also want to complain but I know that won’t help. They still make bugs after maintenance as a part of their tradition lel :joy:

at least 1 good thing from this visual C++ change is that chatbox no longer has stuck friends login/logout messages as well as friend list crash.

hi krystal i do the guild you link but i still have the error installing the visual c++ any adea what to do next?

I’ve been getting random VGA errors out of nowhere after this patch. Already did what you suggested but to no avail.

It’s funny because I usually get these errors when I was in a party(Saalus/290rush) so I decided to solo 290 for science. No error for 15 minutes inside the dungeon. Then later gets VGA’d outside the tower and THEN again at Fedimian.

Then again I’ve also encountered errors at Grynas Trails while farming for those badges alone so the issue is kinda complicated.

This patch definitely screwed some of the lower end specs players like me.

hm…uninstall all visual C++ 2015 in your computer first, then open Windows update and check for update and install updates. Windows Updater will install essential things for you. This may take a long time + a lot of data

I also get random VGA crash when I come to Fedimian TP shop lol. in other maps as well as dungeons, I don’t have that problem

For those having VGA error and has chatextends addon installed. The current person taking care of addon mentiones that you need to uninstall it first then reinstall.

Scroll to the bottom:

Sometimes it gives the VGA error, I find it unlikely that it is the video card. I use an nvidia tx, and it’s always up to date.

FOR THOSE VGA PROBLEMS:

CMD(Run As Admin) > Type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2800> Restart PC

this might solve your Problems

im also low spec player btw :smirk:

I forgot to mention that the error could also occur even when there’s no activity going on screen. It really is that random.

how the hell i can instal visual c++ version 14.0.24212.0 and 14.0.24215.1 without any problem but i cant install the one you link which is version 14.0.23026.0. this is stressfull. im trying to figure out how to fix this problem for 5 hrs. im losing hope :frowning:

and only the one you link looks working this is stupid

im playing for like 8 hrs yesterday without any problem and this update is so unplayable

you cant uninstall the latest one?

ive tried many times
it gave me setup error when i install a new one

Did you uninstall those versions before installing mine version?

i have the same problem that error every thing T_T i think its time to quit now T_T bye bye 3700+ hours byebye my token T_T 27days

i even try this microsoft guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/microsoft-visual-c-2015-redistributable-setup/051c3d6e-ebab-457e-acae-4d4847937ccc

yes i do it many times. i also try to repair/uninstall/install/reboot i dont know whats the problem :frowning:

try to follow this video it might help

Look I am going to post a link to what I have been using for years now. It installs all these misc runtime junk dependencies discreetly and never gave me problems. Last Sunday I just reformatted and used it myself to know off a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate install. I am not responsible for your use of this and don’t want to hear MACAFEE DETECTED A VIRUS DURR because you are dumb.

https://www.sereby.org/site/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes&lang=en

If you are using Windows 7 service packs then some come with that so I think you can’t uninstall them without removing the SP if that is even possible which I doubt. Otherwise if they get installed through updates you need to also uninstall them through there not Program Files uninstallers.

Steam itself checks sometimes for these runtimes when installing games so that is also an issue if you are doing the support ticket fresh install suggestion.

For credability:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/what-is-allgemeine-runtime-program/5be117f4-ca80-415b-9579-9655f98478a9

1 Like

Where the heck is the staff support?
Seriously, the game is supported by players who still give a darn to run and get the game going.

I was unimpressed before, but now it’s just a bad joke that one can’t even laugh at anymore.

I applaud you for your effort because IMC can’t even write out a solution for players.

3 Likes

I had to help people learn to manual patch last January too. Ironically that was during a fresh reformat too so maybe after work I can check it out AGAIN.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve uninstalled previous version of Windows Visuals, rebooted my computer, installed the latest ones, and rebooted again. However, the Chat Extend addon is still causing my game to crash upon loading in. Is there any way I can fix this without removing Chat Extend, as it’s practically an essential addon if you want to see what you’re typing?