Tree of Savior Forum

So they made a statement about trade restriction

^This. This is literally what I thought about when I read the article (apart the whole “imc dumb as ever” deal). I’m even thinking that the limit could be fixed by goldsellers themselves for some items…

Makes me wondering if this token system isn’t the invention of some external contractor… Which would make them even more subject to the sunk-costs fallacy

Now, really. IMC is taking all these decisions to avoid gold sellers.

Holy bananas, this is CLEARLY not working. You need only login and check the global chat to notice that. Then why keep it going? It’s as simple as that.

I think IMC should work together with the community (With us).
We aren’t IMCs enemy and we also wish for a nice and smooth gameplay with as least bots and gold sellers as possible.
People behind the botting and silver selling are probably doing this for living, which means they give 100% / All they got.
But as for right now, normal players by far exceed those gold sellers / people in numbers.
So we can fight them all together.
A report system is a good step towards it.
Disabling basic functions of a normal mmorpg is a step far behind and punishes all the honest players.
Gold sellers / bot users will always find other ways and use whatever is left for them.
And whatever you might do against them from now on @IMC, will most likely cause the players more damage as well because whats left you can do against them is disabling trade and market for good.
Anything else won’t most likely stop them.
And if that happens, Sorry but enjoy while it still lasts.

So seriously talk to us IMC, listen to us, notice us senpai!

I am sure we can all find a solution together!

1 Like

Control gold selling is more important right now than community’s freedom. I agree with their over-careful actions. It’s just the beggining, chill out, people! =)

But some smart bot report system, like the one from archeage, is essential to stop botters. Make it so anyone can report, at the cost of 1-5 TPs. After being reported, the player gets a debuff. If within 60 minutes he doesn’t go to a NPC in town and answer something like a captcha, he will be jailed, or lose all items, and/or be analyzed and banned by a GM. A sucessful ban then would yield to the reporters 10-50 TPs.

One trade per day is painful, but I understand the need for this right now at the begining. Learn gold sellers behavior now, then adjust the rules, so everyone have more freedom, without ruining the game’s economy.

I’d rather being able to trade only once a day than being forced to farm 100 times more or buy silver from gold sellers to get the same item because of a ruined economy, like it was on Ragnarok.

Apparently IMC’s dev don’t understand economy, therefore they don’t know what are they trying to do.

Yup, seems that @Nepnep thought about it too :

Not that I intend to spam, but I just posted a proposal which might be a solution for those interested in “trading” with friends, in the sense of sharing stuff you cannot use, or that they could make better use of :smile_cat:

1 Like

I’m glad they are going to address the team trade restriction. These really shouldn’t exist at all. Also the loss of item potential on trades needs to be removed or at least removed on team to team trades.

You should also be able to freely move your money among your team.

The above two items absolutely need to change.

prepare for another large amount of shitstorm when f2p launch IMC…

They are focusing in the Silver selling part with those stupid restrictions, but they forgot RMT is not only about Silver. I wonder if they can track trades of Token users like they supposedly “do” in Market.

I have no idea what you just said. But there were several months between the last beta test and this release, so it’s not like they just snapped their fingers and it was changed the next day.

This reminds me of DRM… But for a free to play game. So basically all these restrictions are aimed at gold sellers, but are having a negative impact on the honest regular players.

I have faith this will get sorted… In the next few months. Right now, it’s nothing short of a mess.

I see the problem like this (bear with me, as english isn’t my first language):

1.- Players want to sell stuff for silver
2.- Players want to buy stuff with silver.
3.- Players want to be able to trade items between them (no market involved)
4.- IMC want to stop gold sellers AND make some money out of that (nothing bad about trying to make some money, can’t blame them)

So, here’s the solution I came across:

Since Silver is required to get attributes, repair weapons, buy from NPCs, etc., we all need/want silver right? So, IMC should keep the market in order to trade ITEMS for SILVER, and allow players to trade ITEMS for ITEMS between them without the market being involved in any way, that way we can get away with trading items between us (maybe with a cap, maybe only between guild members) and still being able to cripple the gold selling bots.

Short version:

• Allow players to trade ITEMS between them (not silver) under a certain condition (being in the same guild, or W/E)
  • The only way to get silver from another player, is through the market

Well, that’s all.
And as the OP says, this HAVE to change, it’s killing the game.

1 Like

Like the suggestions. Make it such that each bot can only trade 1k max per day if they don’t do any quests until Tenet Chapel. A normal player by the time he/she completes the quest chains up to lvl100 will have up to 100k trade unlocked.

Similarly to market. 1 trade with 30% at normal but will unlock more with class tiers. At class 2 it becomes 2 slots @ 27%, by the time a player hits class 7 he/she would have 7 slots and the market tax is 12%.

The post from the link does make sense but I do not think they actually mentioned to even have trading available to the free crowd. Although we can purchase Token in the market I just don’t find it convenient enough, Since it might end up having players controlling over the economy more through Token >_>

If only they could implement the 1:1 trading from both token to f2p players… Leaving aside Auction/Market for earning money from items.

They need to step their game before F2P comes out or they’l get some backlash from it.

They don’t see much issues right now because we are all token users at the moment.

When free players come in and cry why can’t they trade, that’s when all hell break loose.

People need 1:1 trading because it is convenient. You run a dungeon, drop something good, advertise and sell it on the spot instead of going back to town, drop it on market, wait 2 hours for it to appear, then wait another 2 days to collect the silver.

Also the price limit they proposed isn’t good as well, since you cannot set value to the things that rarely sold (as most top-tier items) and they will still blow out of proportion.

Anyway, 1 month left before hell, I will just enjoy it until then, think of my $50 as a support for IMC.

20 Days left to be exact :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes practically this one although I don’t really mind the auction system but 2 days wait time for money is too long.

agree with 1:1 item trading, with silver, i don’t know really as it can provide another method for bots to transfer silver. team storage is getting patched, hope it’s a good one, and silver sharing/trading between lodge characters is would be nice as well.

with the auction house system and restrictions, I think in the long run it can’t fight RMT, but maybe they placed it there to control early access economy before f2p release when more players come in?

Don’t foolish yourself believing in such things. They have done those changes with a purpose.

highly unlikely they did it to force players to buy tokens since token benefits on auction house is only the tax reduction. edited: maybe they did, the amount of items for sale limit, touché IMC
if auction house system doesn’t change or even lessen restrictions sometime after f2p release, that would suck. but i still enjoy the game solo, no lifer.