Tree of Savior Forum

So they made a statement about trade restriction

It’s obvious from the statement that they don’t want to change the system.

I don’t know what IMC is thinking, but that system isn’t good, it prevents nothing, just crippling the community.

Why don’t you just make trading rely on character level + quest progress? Bot cannot effectively do quest, you can even make it so higher level is required to trade, but all in all, you need trade or else you cannot reach end game on a craft-heavy system like current

Shameless promotion of my idea here

It blocks a critical step on gold farming bots

(2) Transfer the silver to a separate “seller’s account”

And it also ensures this

Causing players to make minimum investment, which is mediated by Tokens, is only the first step to enforcing the limitation on gold sellers.

but instead of token, it time + quest.

I’m a supporter of this game, but this goes on even I will turn my review on steam to NOT RECOMMENDED.

9 Likes

I think that announcment is actually a nice step towards the player by IMC since they did say thay’ll be changing how the team storage work at least… and seems like they got it in about 1 week.

Let’s just hope that in the weeks remaining before the F2P launch they realise that the trade system shut downs the playerbase much more then the silver sellers.

2 Likes

The game is going to die without trades plain and simple. f2p is going to be a lot of negative feedback when released.

4 Likes

This is not working. You can allow tokenless but limited silver trade between players and still have enough restriction on the gold seller.

The game will never reach a point where there is upper limit and lower limit for every item, at this rate it will die before that.

Edit: i agreed with OP’s suggestion on limiting gold seller. It’s actually seems like a much better idea.

2 Likes

Hope so, I really like the game and I don’t want it to die for such a stupid reason like no-trade

1 Like

Me and my friends are all supporters and we all agree that this method is not good. In fact, it’s awful. It is the only thing that really makes we mad about this game.

It’s a game with so much potential and I want to see it grow with the time, but decisions like this just affect to us players. It doesn’t solve anything regarding silver sellers.

We must keep showing our disagree with this idea. This mechanic is something that needs to be completely reverted to the old style trading of Ragnarok Online.

5 Likes

They certainly need to change something. It’s distressing to hear in the statement that they still believe in their system.

The restrictions are way too strict, they heavily punish honest players while the gold sellers can still find ways to work around it.

Trying to prevent gold sellers is important. But there has to be a way that doesn’t completely infuriate your honest customers, keeping your honest customers happy is just as important if not more important than protecting the economy.

7 Likes

Funny thing is that I played Maple Story for many years, and in that game they don’t give crap about gold sellers, they just make players happy, and they live for a long long time lol.

1 Like

@Staff_Julie You need to see this guy’s suggestion.

Yep, definetly going to keep my steam review negative

5 Likes

So they say the same thing as befor.its here to prevent bots/silver selers. Are they dont see all of themin the game from day one?
Only the normal players het ■■■■■■ by it.
Gold selers just give the silver to the buyer from the AH. Hey its a more safe way for they buyer. The seller cant ■■■■ him in no way.
So onlly when they atart lose 50% of the players they will think of doing it normal?
Sad.:disappointed_relieved:

I’m glad about this statement, I can keep my steam review at negative with no remorse!

11 Likes

meh, 80% of the f2p players coming in will be gone with or without trade. just like every single game thats f2p, so its whatever at this point.

On the plus side, what they said was “we cannot modify it immediately.” Not that they won’t, just that they can’t do it immediately. So there is still hope for the future, they are just saying it will take time to change. They also said they are working on a system to automate the ‘unfair transaction detection’ whatever it is to reduce the 48 hour wait time on the market. And the change to team storage sounds like good news.

So, it’s not a GREAT announcement, but at least there is some hope that things will change?

3 Likes

Well i’m at the point where i don’t give a **** about gold sellers, as long as i don’t see their spam (like right now it’s fine).
Just let us play and enjoy the game instead of restricting everything in their name.
It’s ridiculous, you can’t boost an alt if you create one, there is no point in making a crafting class for your team, you can’t help a friend who starts the game, you can’t make a decent deal on a random field when you find someone who droped the item you were looking for etc…
The game could be great and really enjoyable if you imagine it without all these restrictions, but messing it all in the name of the gold seller…
Seriously just find a good anti bot system, see ragnarok it was fine…

System is still flawed in many ways, but IMC is at least communicating with the playerbase and seems to plan some changes to the current system. They just gave us the reason why the current System is ingame. People should realize that trade restrictions wont be lifted fully and thats a good decision by IMC. But changes will be made. If you cant handle the current system, just move on to the next game, we wont miss you.

1 Like

this pretty much shows that IMC focuses on token being their income rather than the popular choice of cosmetics like hats, dye, emoticon, chat bubble design, chat text style etc.

if they broaden their view on how to make income or big sales then they shouldn’t focus much on the token and plan on how to make more cosmetics as people really want that even if it is a bit price.

path of exile’s alternate skins are expensive but people dont mind that and still buy it as a way to support the game and the devs for communicating with the community

2 Likes

Restricting the player in interacting with other players via trading and other kind of stuff dont fits to a MMORPG anymore. Players love this kind of freedom and they feel more or less punished by the goldsellers in multiple ways. Especially you as a developer of this awesome game punish the player because of the gold sellers. This is not the right way to do that!

Please think of other ways to fight against goldsellers :confused:

1 Like

Thing is they only have 1 month till server becomes free to play. After that, with this system, a sh*t-storm of negative reviews will flood their steam page and forever cursed this game from being popular.

2 Likes

If the community doesn’t speaks up nothing will ever change. There’s no reason to discourage people from voicing their opinions on issues that affect the game’s longevity. You can take your own advice and ignore these kinds of post if you don’t like what you’re reading.

PS: Nothing new, but word choice isn’t exactly IMC’s strong point. That quote means nothing because they love to be ambiguous with their wording to deceive and misguide players. :joy: (Before someone gets mad I’m exaggerating)

2 Likes