Tree of Savior Forum

Add the ability to "Gift" items, giving gifted items specific traits [Potential solution against silver sellers]

How about you added a “gifting” option in the game. You can give an item to another player, via the use of a “Gift Envelope”, available for 1/2TP (so anyone can use it, but it has a time limitation, unless you pay). The trick is, it gets the “Gifted” trait. What this means is:

• Gifted items sell to NPCs for 0 silver. (no possible gain from these)
  • You cannot place them in the market. (it’s a gift, you shouldn’t do that)
  • You can gift them again to someone else. (Well, you might already have some better gear, and don’t want to just dump it)
  • [Materials specific] You cannot use these for enhancing gems. Would show in the tooltip like the current “Total Untradable”
  • You cannot gift anything that is untradable. This obviously includes premium stuff, as it would make the Free TP exploitable.
  • [Gear Specific] Gems get destroyed when a gear is sent with them. They’re too fragile so they can’t handle the shipping (Serious reason: it would allow gems to be gifted, even if it costs leveling it up). Sockets remain in the item.

Gifts would be sent via a mailbox, available either via UI, or as some sort of NPC/Object inside main cities. Thinking it better, you could simply receive it on your team mailbox, which is already implemented. You can configure gifts to only be receivable from added friends, as to avoid junk gifts from bots or trolls.

After thinking it for a while, at least imo this sounds like it could work pretty well. This won’t allow money gifting in any way, doesn’t allow exploiting premium/untradable items, and people would be able to gift stuff they cannot use to their friends. Cases of example of this:

• Player A is an archer, gets an OP Hammer. A wants to give it to his friend B, who has a cleric build.
  • Player C needs 2 more of a material for a crafting. He’s grinding with A and B, but both of them get one piece randomly instead of him. They failed to avoid them and got them by accident. Now they can just send them via an email to C, and now she can craft her long waited OP potato hammer.

Let me know, what do you think of this? Would you add/remove/change something? Hopefully this helps improve the game experience of many, as I’ve seen one of the main issues of many players is not being able to gift their friends stuff they themselves cannot use, or that their friends can use better.

@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie

I suggested this similar just a while ago. Free Gift system: (within [x} seconds after item drop)

I agree, a Gift system within this game would be neat.

Free Gift system: (within [x} seconds after item drop

(a comment on Developers blogg: Statement on Trade Restrictions 7-4-2016)

Branko Mijic “honestly I agree, me and my brother are both playing
two different classes and I find it stupid I can’t give him a weapon I
won’t need to use? like wtf”

possible solution: Free Gift system

example: im a swordman in a party, i get a item drop, its a rare bow.
my
friend in my party wants it and i dont need it and i dont want to sell
it, i have 1 minute time to gift the item for free to my friend after
that 1 minute
the free gift function gets locked on this item.
and so i gift the item to my friend, i don’t get anything in return.

some ideas to refine this system making it less viable for gold sellers.

• when you obtained the items, get a ~1 or 2 minute countdown to (free trade) free gift once.
  • gift: no trade, nothing in return. (silver or items.)

minimum lvl restriction and lvl restriction in difference between
sender and receiver: lvl 50 archer and lvl 61 swords man cant use this
system because
they are 10 levels apart.

• just like daily free
    tp, maybe make it {x} free gifts in [x] hours or make the receiving
    person spend 1 tp to receive the item gift.
  • etc…?

i think this construction refined, would not benefit gold sellers and
could solve a few frustrations on trading restrictions while imc is
working on gold seller prevention.

First of all, you could just link to the original comment and it would have been copied too, just so you know :stuck_out_tongue:

About your idea, seems like we have similar thoughts. I think I read this somewhere too, it’s like this in Diablo 3 maybe? Party trading for a limited time would be nice too, although I’m not sure why there should be a maximum/minimum level. I mean, most gear in this game has little differences in required level to use (1->15->40->70->120 and so on…), why do you think it should be restricted like that?