Tree of Savior Forum

So I went with a con/int/spr Chaplain, am I still viable for endgame?

Alright so I’m lv 150 right now. My current stats are 60con/142int/56spr. Considering the current balancing patch I maxed out blessing, sacrament, and kept aspersion at 3. 5 for both revive and mass heal and 2 for resurrection. Is mixing between Int/Spr at a 2:1 ratio still viable at endgame?
At 280 if I keep the ratio I’m going at I’ll have 100 con 249 int 125 spr. Understandably I’ll be taking a 200 magic attack loss from going full int.

Absolutely! That build is entirely still viable. :slight_smile: You should have no problems playing a character like that. It may not be a “maximum potential character”, but it’s still perfectly viable and you should have no problems playing it.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yes, more powerful. But that does not mean this build is trash or nonviable? People need to realize not every single character has to be built to maximum potential…

Still, I agree with you that SPR does more blessing damage, but depending on what this user’s higher rank class choices are this build may still be the best fit for them. :slight_smile: Their other classes may experience a bigger benefit from this build than dumping more into SPR would, they haven’t said what their class choices are beyond Chaplain and I don’t feel comfortable making assumptions about that, so we don’t know for sure that is best for them.

Even with the new changes to Blessing, people need to keep in mind that before this change, parties were doing all endgame content with just the maximum damage Blessing did without any bonuses and they still did it all just fine. These changes are bonuses, but stats don’t make Blessing any less effective than it was before, and there is more to Priests and Chaplains than just Blessing. That is even more true when you take into account the higher rank classes in a Chaplain build. So no, I am not lying to myself or anyone else.

The OP asked if this build is viable, and it is. It isn’t maximum potential specific to Blessing, but that isn’t what they asked.

3 Likes

Right now it’s the standard cleric 2>priest 3>chaplain>plague doctor build. Unless there’s another option. Because Druid 2 doesn’t appeal to me much. Though taking Krivis over Cleric 2 might be a decent choice, again that’s debatable. Just gotta see what the rank 8 classes are next week.

I get that we should be building our characters the way we want to enjoy it.

However, in this case, I’d have to seriously ask why int? Both an Int Chaplain and a SPR Chaplain plays the same way - buff up and smack everything with auto attack. The main difference is a SPR Chaplain does way more damage than an Int Chaplain thanks to the Blessing buff.

In summary, a SPR Chaplain can do everything an Int Chaplain can, but way better.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Am I the “he” you are referring to? If so, you have made all sorts of assumptions there that are wrong. 1. I am female, and 2. I have a SPR-heavy chap, an INT-heavy chap, a mixed INT/SPR chap, and a DEX-heavy chap.

The INT-heavy is Druid 2 for the last two ranks and it actually does almost double the damage of my SPR-heavy chap due to Carnivory being a beast and all of that extra magic attack (more than 1,100) going to it as well as to my Aspergillum hit. Then there is the fact to consider that my Blessing does 250 damage and that damage gets added to each Carnivory tick, which gives me one more area to put in more damage than just pure Blessing with SPR does. With heavily upgraded Rods for even more magic attack, that is only amplified further.

That outdoes the bonus damage of my SPR-heavy chap’s Blessing easily with the attributes of Aspersion and Carnivory. Don’t even get me started on the even further extra damage I can squeeze out of this build using Cure (gets a double benefit from INT) and Heal as attacks that are buffed by my Blessing, my 1,100+ magic attack, and the bonus damage attributes those skills have.

So you cannot just say SPR is always higher damage, because it simply isn’t true. The ranks that follow Chaplain really do make all the difference. Also, are you actually going to offer the OP any sort of advice or are you just going to pick at me? :slight_smile:

What do YOU suggest the OP do instead? Stop putting points into anything else and just go straight SPR from this point, or SPR/CON, or what DO you suggest? So far I haven’t heard any real advice from you, just snippy remarks and blanket statements that are too vague to be helpful to anyone.

Now that I know what the OP is going to do for their rank 6 and 7, I would say that full SPR or SPR/CON from this point is the best route. But at the time of making that statement, for all I knew they were going Druid 2 or another build that would have seen considerable improvement from INT. Specially if they were planning to go Druid 3 when rank 8 hits. shrugs Excuse me for not being willing to make assumptions and mislead people due to not having all the required information.

Also, if you want to talk about others suffering, it could be argued that any build with a 3 stat split like the one the OP is already doing will likely result in suffering one way or another compared to a full SPR or full INT (or full with enough CON to be beefy) build.

-edit- To the OP: After crunching some numbers and considering the stats you already have allocated, here is what the Blessing damage would look like:

100 CON, 249 INT, 125 SPR build you have posted posted: 334 Blessing damage
60 CON, 142 INT you already have + full SPR from this point on: 406 Blessing damage
100 CON (it sounds like you want enough CON to be beefy), with the rest of your available stat points going into SPR: 370 Blessing damage

I think it’s pretty plain to see that if the OP had been going for a rank 6, 7 and/or 8 that had good benefits from INT, those benefits would have easily outranked the benefit of going SPR from this point on. I will also state again: They asked if it was viable, not if it was the best. Being a split build it will never be as good as it could be otherwise.

8 Likes

imma +1 druid chaplains.

chaplains spend a lot of time to buff and support, and going druid can deal more damage with less attacking (~2s to combo grass) while doing more support

plus in fact, sterea trofh increases effective dps because u can leave all support role and go smack the enemy (more aspergillum = more benefit of chaplain). ur party also can focus more on dealing damage

in the first place, taking chaplain = going off support. and for this role, imo druid >> pd.

back to topic. if u wanna follow meta stream, u might suffer abit cos meta people will choose the meta guys with meta stats. if u go semi casual everything is fine (not being the “best”)

2 Likes

“plus in fact, sterea trofh increases effective dps because u can leave all support role and go smack the enemy (more aspergillum = more benefit of chaplain).”

^ SO TRUE! That is actually why the Druid 2 Chaplain is my favorite of the 4 I have. It’s actually due to that build that I can enjoy the true Chaplain playstyle, because just dropping Carnivory and ST and waiting for the cooldowns on those to reset gives me a lot more time to do the mob face-smacking that is so fitting of us.

The SPR Plague Doctor build ends up spending a lot more time chasing the tank around trying to make them step on my Healing Factor and placing heal tiles for the party, which really takes away a lot of the Chaplain smacking time. </3 That results in less damage being done by me all the way around, regardless of stat point utilization.

2 Likes

Does carnivory scale with both int and spr?

No, the damage on Carnivory only receives a bonus from your Magic Attack (which is based on INT). SPR does not effect it in any way.

Would my initial hybrid build still work well with Druid?

Yes, it would. :slight_smile: It could also still work with a Cleric 2, Plague Doctor build if that is the playstyle you prefer.

With the stats you already have allocated, you could end up with a Druid build similar to this one (jump to 3:20 if you want to see her stats):

Which does damage like this:

And this:

Keep in mind those damage values were before the Blessing buff, so it does even more now with either of the stats.

1 Like

Looks like druid it is. Well hopefully a stat reset potion drops from the next treasure hunt.

Btw i still suggest u wait at least until rank 8 sneak peek out, cos who knows what might be in store next haha

1 Like

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say something to make you change your plan for your character. :S I just wanted to make it clear to other people that SPR is not the end-all of the Chaplain class and it is ignorant to just go around parroting that to everyone asking for advice without considering the ranks beyond Chaplain, which make a world of difference.

The buff to Blessing was implemented because otherwise INT Priests and Chaplains outperform SPR Priests and Chaplains - this change was added in order to try and narrow that gap, though it still isn’t as effective as I would like. (I want more excuses to love my SPR Chaplain! T_T I do love it, it just makes a better support than a damage dealer - the INT Druid 2 is the hardcore damage dealer) At least it’s a good start in trying to level the playing field.

If you are interested in the possibilities of going a Druid Chaplain, I have some damage formulas here that might be useful, too. For ease of comparison I’m going to compare a pure INT vs pure SPR build here.

Pure INT Build: 579 INT (859 magic attack)
Pure SPR Build: 366 SPR (286 magic attack)

Pure INT Blessing (lvl 15): 579 x 0.02 x 14 + 170 = 332 damage
Pure SPR Blessing (lvl 15): 366 x 0.06 x 14 + 170 = 477 damage

These two Blessings have a difference of 145 damage.*

“Base Damage” means the damage the skill gives, any multipliers or additions, and magic attack. I believe most formulas refer to this as “Effective Damage”

^ This thread contains more information as to how the damage formulas truly work, but I am simplifying it a bit and ignoring a lot of other influencing factors like gear and other skills (such as Sacrement) and their effects to these skills.

@kfmc08 I think this answers what you were asking about why INT is a considerable option. :slight_smile:

The main thing to keep in mind as to why INT can often be better than SPR (specially when you chose lots of ranks from rank 6+ that scale with INT) is because it can be multiplied in ways that Blessing cannot. I REPEAT: Magic Attack from INT can be multiplied by attributes!

Blessing goes on as extra damage (“Bonus Damage”) after everything else is said and done. But INT adds to Magic Attack, which can be added to the skill and it can be multiplied by 2 with percentage of damage attributes. That provides a LOT more scaling than Blessing alone and I don’t understand why people don’t get that?

INT Build:
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion): 1,251 base damage + 332 Blessing = 1,583 damage
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion) w/ 100% Attribute: 1,251 x 2 = 2,502 base damage + 332 Blessing = 2,823 damage

Cure lvl 5 (per tick, can tick 20 times): 1,566 base damage + 332 Blessing = 1,898 damage
Cure lvl 5 (per tick, can tick 20 times) w/ 100% Attribute: 1,566 base damage x 2 = 3,132 + 332 Blessing = 3,464 damage

Heal lvl 5 (per tile): 1,505 + 332 Blessing = 1,837 damage
Heal lvl 5 (per tile) w/ 100% Attribute: 1,505 x 2 = 3,010 base damage + 332 Blessing = 3,342 damage

Carnivory lvl 10 (per tick, can tick 40 times): 2,701 base damage + 332 Blessing = 3,033 damage
Carnivory lvl 10 (per tick, can tick 40 times) w/ 100% Attribute: 2,701 x2 = 5,402 base damage + 332 Blessing = 5,734 damage

Totals without attributes:
Cure 20 ticks: 37,960
Heal 5 tiles: 9,185
Carnivory 40 ticks: 121,320
Total damage of all ticks and a single Aspergillum hit: 170,048

Totals with 100% attributes:
Cure 20 ticks: 69,300
Heal 5 tiles: 16,710
Carnivory 40 ticks: 229,360
Total damage of all ticks and a single Aspergillum hit: 318,193

SPR Build:
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion): 678 base damage + 366 SPR = 1,044 + 477 Blessing = 1,521 damage
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion) w/ 100% Attribute: 678 base damage x2 = 1,356 base damage + 366 SPR = 1,722 + 477 Blessing = 2,199 damage

Cure lvl 5 (per tick, can tick 20 times): 299 base damage + 447 Blessing = 746 damage
Cure lvl 5 (per tick, can tick 20 times) w/ 100% Attribute: 299 base damage x 2 = 598 + 447 Blessing = 1,045 damage

Heal lvl 5 (per tile): 353 base damage + 447 Blessing = 800 damage
Heal lvl 5 (per tile) w/ 100% Attribute: 353 x 2 = 706 base damage + 447 Blessing = 1,153 damage

Carnivory lvl 10 (per tick, can tick 40 times): 2,128 base damage + 477 Blessing = 2,605 damage
Carnivory lvl 10 (per tick, can tick 40 times) w/ 100% Attribute: 2,701 x2 = 4,256 base damage + 477 Blessing = 4,733 damage

Totals without attributes:
Cure 20 ticks: 14,920
Heal 5 tiles: 4,000
Carnivory 40 ticks: 104,200
Total damage of all ticks and a single Aspergillum hit: 124,641

Totals with 100% attributes:
Cure 20 ticks: 20,900
Heal 5 tiles: 5,865
Carnivory 40 ticks: 189,320
Total damage of all ticks and a single Aspergillum hit: 218,284

As you can see from the numbers, if you are considering the damage of Aspergillum and Blessing alone, the damage is very similar for both builds, but it is the other areas that really make INT Chaplains shine.

One other thing to keep in mind, is Magic Attack from weapons and such can get added into the base damage and multiplier effect of attributes. So for example, my Catacombs Club gives 303 Magic Attack, which gets fed into those base damage formulas and adds 606 extra damage with 100% attributes.

If you’ve ever heard people say “Chaplain damage falls off real hard in end game” damage like you can see on Carnivory here is what they’re referring to. Carnivory does twice the damage of Aspergillum with only 1 tick! If Carnivory ticks for all 40 ticks it has, you’re looking at over 200k damage just from pressing one button one time. So sitting there auto-attacking stuff as your only form of reliable damage is not helpful end game. (and this is coming from someone who plays Chaplains because she loves to sit there and smack stuff, but I also don’t want to get steamrolled by high level mobs while doing so)

*In reference to the 145 difference in Blessing damage seen above. I don’t know about other people, but I would prefer to lose 145 damage per hit on things from Blessing to gain the thousands of damage I pick up other places from having high Magic Attack that can get multiplied by 2 while that 145 Blessing damage stays flat.

6 Likes

Wow that comment so hardcore man

One last thing i wanna add is about friends or try to get a fixed party or guild.

If i’m not mistaken, carnivory on 5 linked mobs only takes 1 hit count. Additional lines of dmg from AA doesn’t get shared.

QS AA benefits alot from blessing+sacra+lastrites. Hard hitting skills like snipe, meteor, etc only got one blessing proc. Pets, zombies, templeshooter, etc doesnt get blessing.

Sterea trofh benefits party with no cc (on mobs), but with some cc perhaps druid loses to pd. Barrier and chortasmata doesnt work well.

Etc. Etc. Not all combination work well, but some can definitely shine others.

Later 2 druid C3 should be permanent aoe invulnerability huehuehue. 2 same class in a party isnt good, so non meta druid (like druid chap) might get party (i hope)

This actually made me prefer SPR more because giving some full STR person/s 292 crit rate with a zalcai scroll should make up for the ~100k less damage.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m understanding what you mean, could you please elaborate? :slight_smile: Zalciai gives Critical Attack, not Critical Rate. A SPR heavy character using that would not make a full STR person crit more often, it would only increase their base crit attack when they do actually crit, which with a full STR build would be very rarely and that would not easily make up for such a huge damage gap unless there is something else you are accounting for that I am missing. Critical Attack pretty much functions like extra Physical Attack that will only be added in when a player crits, that has very limited uses. Still, it is another bonus to the party to account for and that is always good. :slight_smile:

It wouldn’t help the Chaplain or any other magic damage dealer, though. Magic can’t crit and most of a Chaplain’s damage is magic, the only line of Chaplain damage that can crit is the basic first attack that is considered Physical Attack, and with the Chaplain not having any STR, that crit would be low even when it does hit. The other lines of damage from Chaplain’s auto attacks are all considered magic damage because they come from buffs.

There are other influencing factors that do make SPR Chaplains great that I didn’t pull out the math for above because it gets very complex quickly. :slight_smile: For example, that extra 145 Blessing damage gets added to things like Sacrement, Last Rites, Enchant Fire, etc. Things like that do actually help to close the damage gap between INT and SPR Chaplains.

That extra 145 Blessing damage from a SPR build also gets split between a party better, which gives more places for it to be added on, which helps close that gap even further. However, I was only talking about the effects for the Chaplains themselves. The Magic Attack route is a lot more selfish than the SPR route since only the Chaplain benefits from it, that is very true.

Let’s also not forget the glory that is Stone Skin, which is only more epic with high SPR and with a Chaplain build, you have the ability to keep that up 24/7 when using Capella. That is one of the other great perks of going a SPR Chaplain. Like I’ve said from the beginning, there is room in the game for all sorts of Chaplain builds. :slight_smile:

All of them are viable, they all play very similarly, and all of them can easily handle what end game at this point offers. It’s just that there is more than simply SPR Chaplain or GTFO. Specially for a person who has already devoted more of their stats to INT than SPR. Starting another Chaplain completely from scratch is a totally different matter, the best stats for that will depend on the goal of a player’s rank choices and the type of character they want to play.