Tree of Savior Forum

So I went with a con/int/spr Chaplain, am I still viable for endgame?

The debuff portion reduces critical resistance by 80% of your spr and it can bring it to negative so whatever crit resistance down you give is essentially +crit rate to anyone hitting that enemy.

1 Like

Oooh, youā€™re right! I totally forgot about that! There was something there I was forgetting to account for, thank you for elaborating. :slight_smile: A very good point!

Doesnā€™t it work like:
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion): (678 base damage + 366 SPR) = 1,044 + 477 Blessing = 1,521 damage
Aspergillum (lvl 15 Aspersion) w/ 100% Attribute: (678 base damage + 366 SPR) * 2 = 2088 + 477 Blessing = 2,565 damage

Where SPR is added directly to the base damage because they are parenthesis-ed; different to how EternalDream defined T1 modifiers referring to percentage modifiers?

2 Likes

Considering it all, Iā€™m gonna reroll and build a pure int chaplain/druid. With the new blessing buff considered, is there a new working build with this in mind? Because 15 blessing and 15 aspersion really takes up a lot skill points from my current build. Iā€™d like to see a workable skill build for balancing dps with relative support to get me by on dungeon runs. Or am I just requesting the impossible?

From what I have seen of the damage in-game comparing it all and accounting for the individual factors, it doesnā€™t appear that the SPR does get doubled with the enhance attribute at 100%. It looks like just the base damage of the skill and Magic Attack are factored in. That may have been something that was changed at some point.

Iā€™d love to see more people test it in-game to be sure, though! :slight_smile: I tried it on my SPR Chaplain and my INT Chaplain by taking off all my gear and only casting Aspergillum and that seemed to be how things broke down.

-edit- strokes chin thoughtfully You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that unless they did change the way the formula works the current value of it not multiplying the SPR may be a bug. Iā€™m going to investigate this further.

Iā€™m also going to test it by just plain casting Aspersion (something I didnā€™t do before) and see if that makes any difference. It may be messed up somewhere in the Aspergillumā€™s code for the formula.

Its a bit annoying to test since you would need +SPR equipment or free points/stats reset.

Its possible you missed SPRā€™s inclusion in the Aspersio tooltip tho.
The damage as displayed by the tooltip already includes the bonus from SPR.

If nothing else, Iā€™ve confirmed that Aspersion and Aspergillums damage is exactly the same. (with 98 SPR and 59% attribute)

Ta-da:

YES, Spr wins here; but int has its perks as well.

Int is obvi better for ~magical~ classes, if you ever pick one.

So if you pick Druid like that adorb girl over there, you get more from int, because it increases your matk and, well, youā€™ll deal more damage. I know, I know, there is spr in the build as well, so in the end we wonā€™t destroy ā– ā– ā– ā– ; but hey Blessing kinda scales off of it, right?

So we have nice Spr for Blessing & Stone Skin and some int for style. They complement each other. Perfect.

At the end of the dayā€¦ as a Chaplain,

go Spr if you want to ā€œhelp your teammates from behindā€ and you better stay on that path forever because you donā€™t deal damage anyway so might as well be the king of no-damage.

Int is okay if you pick offensive classes at later ranks. Who would judge, right? I mean cā€™mon Priest 3 is only useful for Resu and Revive, and thatā€™s coming from someone who mains a Priest 3 as well.

3 Likes

In other words int is futureproof while going spr means you have to stick with stronger auto attacks in exchange for a less damage potential for future magic cleric classes.

Hi, I am currently a 1CON:2INT lvl200 Chaplain.
I would said a INT focused Chaplain not only viable, and it is with full potential build for future R7 & R8 cleric class.

Sometimes we need to think wider, after Chaplian, what is your next build. Most of the Chap players will go for Plague Doc, and some choosed Druid even a Kaballist. You will take note all these following are high Matk classes, (now R8 is out, Inqusitor 7 Taoist both of them seems added a lot of Matk skill) therefore a INT focused build Chap it just on a right path.

Nothing wrong on INT/SPR build. Both have their potential and things they are good with. It depends what kind of build you looking for?

For a better damage output, and better healing >>INT Build
For a better supporter, buffer >>SPR Build (SPR benefited Deprotected Zone, Stone Skin and Blessing as the new changes of update).

I was wondering if C2>P3>Chap>D2 would be viable after Rank 8 comes out.