Tree of Savior Forum

Sniper's Serenity

Just curious to know if anyone else has been having issues with this ability. The issue I’m having is that it doesn’t fully charge every time, minimum attack being very slightly under maximum attack displayed on the F1 stat screen. This isn’t necessarily a problem to me, but you don’t get the full benefit of Sniper’s Serenity, being the Critical Damage + 50% when fully charged.

I was having the same issue. It would charge some, then activate before it charged all the way. And it would fill up at different levels. I think it has something to do if your game lags. If you notice your game getting little spikes of lag, you may need to optimize it.

Personally, I had to set my Windows virtual memory paging file to 0 to get the game to stop lagging and set the process to high priority in task manager. But there’s so many different ways to optimize based on on your computer it’s hard to tell. Heck, I’m using an i7 with an r9 280x and it was lagging before I did all that.

1 Like

I’m not having any spiking issues, as far as I can tell.

I’ve also noticed that when you quickly flash on Sniper’s Serenity, then back off, you get a debuff called Great Corruption. This isn’t stated anywhere in the tooltip, which seeing how sever that debuff is, I’d assume it would be mentioned.

Actually, I can’t get that debuff to happen else where, but within Iotheo, so I’m not really sure what that issue is.

What’s the result of your //ping command?

It’s based on seconds so a 1.230 means 1 second, 230ms.

If you have too high ping sometimes the charge will take longer than it should. You can confirm this by seeing the Lv.1, Lv.2, Lv.3 texts popping up.

If your ping is too high and the numbers only pops up later like, having a little delay to show up or delaying and almost all of Lv.1… max popping up fast in the end after an initial delay we found the problem.

To fix:
A) Either find a way to have stabler connection or better ping.
B) Or hold the skill a little longer before releasing until you see the Lv.5 (max is 5 right?) popping up.

That’s really strange…

The debuff:
https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/1044

Is only attatched to “Necromancer_FleshCannon” skill. Altho it can happen by other means other than skill casts.

Are you by chance in any guild open war? Maybe a necromancer (bot?) is farming there and you get that debuff somehow by coincidence. ( ? )

I’d recommend to record that and report via ticket.

My //ping is 0.047805, which isn’t relatively high I think?

As far as holding the ability longer, I hold it the entire duration of the charge and it will activate on its own without me letting go, when it reaches the end.

Sniper Serenity doesnt show a level charge, like other abilities, at least I’m not seeing level charges like I do other abilities.

1 Like

My bad then, ignore my post >_< (doesn’t have a Musketeer yet)

As for the debuff, I’m not currently in a guild, or a party for that matter. I tend to keep to myself.

@LunarRabbit, at least you’re taking the time to try to help, which is appreciate, so no problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They recently changed Sniper’s Serenity to automatically go off on full charge, you don’t need to let go of the button manually anymore.

In my experience just holding the button until the skill activates on its own will resolve this problem.

EDIT: Just tested, seems it really is very inconsistent… Somehow I think this would be solved if the old charge system is applied again (sans the immobility).

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy

I hope something is being done about this because this is still a thing after 3 weeks. This is a major bug since we don’t get the +50% crit dmg bonus 80% of the time. Yes this thing happens 4 out of 5 times for me whenever i use sniper’s serenity. Before the musketeer rework, the skill is fine as I can charge it as long as I am holding the hotkey but now the charging is cancelled after it gets close to being fully charged. My dps drops a lot whenever this happens and what else can i offer when musk is all about killing things. Please take a closer look at this.

There’s a temporary fix for this, but it requires you to equip/waste Glass Mole. Using potion during the charge will increase your damage like normal, after Glass Mole runs out, your damage will be at max.

I’m not worried about the min = max damage. My concern is that i am not getting the critical damage bonus buff from serenity more than 50% of the time. I did a test earlier and from 10 trials i only get the critical bonus 4 times. Using glass mole is out of the question for me as I am using froster lord for pvp/tbl. I took the critical dmg path instead of the max atk path so i’m pretty much fcked cos serenity is so buggy.

^ Basically this. The power isn’t the issue, but the benefit of having 50% crit damage. As building myself around crit, I’m not getting the best out of this ability due to it being bugged.

Is anyone using controller or keyboard? I’m using controller, and it sometimes bugs out, but if I use the keyboard command while in controller mode, then it works all the time.

I also have problems, but on the mouse) I like that it does not always give a full charge …

This is a huge damage drop off and it’s ashamed that it hasn’t been acknowledged. Especially after the musketeer just got buffed, it loses so much potential when this ability doesn’t properly charge to max. This takes so much away from my planned build and the eagerness I had for the musketeer changes.

Looking at the history of ToS, I’m really in no hope that it’ll be fixed. It’s little things like this that eventually pile up and deteriorate the casual playerbase, at least this would be my case.

It’s just I’m not really that motivated to putting much time in it anymore, when things don’t get fixed.

2 Likes

Is this ever going to be fixed? Honestly kind of ruins Musketeer and makes it super inconsistent if this isn’t acknowledged/fixed any time soon.

Freeze bug still occuring. :heeey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkbzyJo9a8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like