Tree of Savior Forum

Skyliner Nerf - Return of CD | Cyclone lasting time reduced

It downs enemy’s defence to zero for the whole whopping 20 seconds. You tell me. Especially solo and without Cleric in party. And on bosses too, of course.

Now imagine you have the same effect on YOU, because of DOV. A walking cardboard. No, I really don’t recommend maxing DOV.

Maybe, on DoppelC3… when it comes out.

Actually if you have like 200-300 defense and mobs are hitting for 1000-2000, it won’t make any difference. I don’t think it will hurt if you are not focusing on defense, but the negative effect will probably scale into late game. Yet I think that 150% bonus damage at C3 is still better then -100% armor, no matter what. You won’t get any problems with lvl 10 DoV at level 280 as well. So no reasons to NOT max it.

I’ve tried to make evaluation of how tanky can character be, and hoplite with lolopanther plate armor set is only around 500 armor. Usually swordsmen have much less.

And again, you lose other good skills on the tree, because of maxing DOV. Like I said, it may be extremely valuable on C3, but not now.

I shall stick with this opinion no matter what, sorry.

Actually, you spend 10 on DOV and 10 on Cyclone and still get 10 spare points. You can spend 1 or 2 in DPE, max 1 of tier 2 skills and get 1 level in 2 remaining + mordschlag.

From DPE you get around 100-150 damage per level to EVERY skill (assuming easily achiavable 1000-1500 damage). If you spend points on anything but Zornhau/Mordschlag, you will actually get less damage per point on SINGLE skill.

So you won’t actually lose anything from maxing DOW. The only problem is getting enough stacks, but duration increases with lvl so it’s not that hard if you get hit once per 3 seconds.

But yeah, you are free to chose your way how to build characters.

are you sure ? i was playing cataphract before. level 100++ i’m forgot - kOBT 1-2months ago
with gungho level 10 and max attribute
i get decent hit from monsters, even worse at dungeon.

At higher levels damage difference is not that harsh, I assume. They will hit you like a truck either way so you best bet is killing them ASAP.

@zhouyu47 is kToS high level player, as I know, so he knows what he is talking about.

yeah i know, that’s why i hearing his advice … hahaha
i’m thinking going shinobi, with bunshin + DOV, i’ll be Dead Meat

Actually with some CON and according monster gems it won’t be that bad)

actually i believe in high levels block and evasion will rule.
i’m going for 10 DOV. especially to kill the magic mobs…

How exactly CC work on Invi, Block and evasion ?
on video you post

even enemy dodge and no damage the stun still process

What if i use iron hook when full str Highlander use Cross guard ? or on Full dex rogue with Level 10 Evasion, lastly on Bokor with mackangdal or revive invi ?

iron hook will work everytime, cross guard only last for some seconds so it will go off (but not guard, if someone with a shield use guard and u use iron hook the guard will stay up).

Iron hook isnt a dispel, so if a rogue is using evasion, the skill will keep working, same with bokor. thats why u need to use it SMART

and yes, stun will work even if u dodge/block. but dont forget about stone skin and plague doctors… they are like the OP enemies of swordies…

1 Like

Thank you so much

i was read keel hauling was bugged, that enemy can act / attack when we use keel hauling.
nah i wont bother if 1v1 fighting PD,
if what you said was true that CC still proc while being dodge or block - just use bash, umbo blow, iron hook until stone skin or bloodletting buff gone.
Did Mordschlag have knockdown too ?
and how long Dust devil bind ?

duno, about dust devil.
mordschlag is ■■■■ u dont need it.

about keel hauling, yes the enemy can walk, thats one of the thing that i believe will work well with restrain.

u can atack while using iron hook, so u can get close, use hook and kill, also u have an attribute that, if ON, make u unable to use keel hauling, but iron hook will capture 3 enemies (if they are close).

==> One level in remaining

So, we have Zornhau, Zucken and Redel. All of which are better than DOV in a long run and are very good damage skills. Only one point in either of them = waste of points, in my opinion.

==> Mordshlag

Come on now.

==> Less damage

False. Redel is multihit and scales better with every level. Zucken, while also being multihit, gets it’s damage from Shock via Crown + Zornhau combo, which can be uptimed.

So, not worth it, like I said. You know, I’ve played KToS too. Every time I saw someone with high DOV going into the crowd of mobs, they literally raped him. True, he was killing them fast… while losing a crapload of HP at the same time. i.e this build already isn’t viable that much solo.
You can also search videos on Youtube, see for yourself.

==> Stacks

You will get full stacks once in a blue moon, actually, i.e. on a very rare occasion. Everything below will start killing you incredibly fast. Or you start doing it, while everything still hits you like a truck.

To sum it all up - no. Again, not recommending it until C3, where I truly believe it will become useful.

@Lenny

==> Block and Evasion will rule

Yeah, on high levels there is ton of magic mobs, which don’t care about your evasion or block in the slightest.
The only capable way for 2H Swordsman to drive them off is using Crown with Shock + Zornhau for continuous effect. Koreans underestimate Shock greatly.

why is that ?
i’m planning to get doppel c1 with 5cyclone, 5 DOV, 2 DPE, 3 Mordschlag

Just to clarify. Only ONE Doppel Circle?

but evasion and block will rule. for physical. cus u cant count on def.
against magic u have shock and DOV =)

For physical no doubt about it. But if you are building a pure 2H, you will still get one point of Pelta, right? Plus that Guardian attribute. Still not bad at all.

what guardian attribute?

and i’m going for swordsman c3>high c1> corsair c1> doppel c2
yeah its different but i think its the best option =)

For PvP, that is. Very good build, I concure.

How could you forget? Guardian has attribute, giving 18% Evasion on max level on the go. Very useful.