Tree of Savior Forum

[Skill Balance] Differences between kToS and iToS! Why?

As of today, 05/30/2017, we got patched and the skills bellow are acting according the korean counterparts. Case closed.

Hello, for those who haven’t noticed yet, some skills had their values changed in our version of the rebalance compared to kTest and kToS versions.

I honestly don’t know why they would “test” the changes here, since they already had plenty of time to do so on their other 2 servers… but anyway, i HOPE this will be something to be fixed soon, instead of a difference between game versions that will last almost forever, like it was for Skyliner and Cyclone before.

Skills I’ve noticed that are different:

Fireball:
8s CD on korea | 9s CD here

Firewall:
25s CD on korea | 30s CD here

Fire Pillar:
50s CD on korea | 60s CD here

Pole of Agony:
Targetable area on korea | Still melee range here
60s CD on korea | 70s CD here

Post other changes that you may have noticed so i can add them here.

This is not about the CD being nerfed or whatever. Either value is fine. I just don’t want IMC to take several months again to decide what are they going with and make all game versions consistent.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia if you could give us a word in the matter.

4 Likes

I think we have an older patch. According to this post:

pole of agony should be ground targetable, but it is not.

I hope that we are given the chance to test these changes properly before the reset event ends.

3 Likes

Well, those Pyro skill values were never used on KR. They went straight from the ones we had yesterday to what they have now. Our “inbetween” values never existed there.

:confused:

We really need a list of skill changes as soon as possible.

Nice one :laughing:

fckthis20charrule

That moment when you remember 1 year ago how IMC decided they will not apply ktos patches, and instead apply their own. Then watch as they ruin it all again.

Barrier was also not nerfed to require an attribute for its normal size.

We got 1 patch behind afaik.

Yep we are not latest patch. I wonder how many players will get tricked hehehe

1 Like

Oh no wonder why… I was confused that I couldn’t aim my Pole after patch as well @.@

I wonder why as well. I mean, what we are “testing” now might become useless as soon as we get the latest patch and if that happens after the reset event is over it’s going to be really really bad…
That’s one of the reasons I preferred to wait for the balance patch.

2 Likes

So they applied a older patch or they are making different changes to itos. Warlock skills were not nerfed here also…

ive noticed some Sw1 skills are still flat rates, and not % based. this may be intended though, as i just read they were having a huge balance update, and came to check it out.

Which SW skills?

@TheAlleyCats is PoA CD 60s here or old value?

Now that you ask me… It’s 70 secs, 10 secs more than ktos. :crying_cat_face:
I guess they’re doing some tests with us…

Bash, Thrust, Gungho adds flat rate bonus attack, same for Concentration

from Highlander i see Wagon Wheel, Shock, Skull Swing, and Vertical Slash(granted this one gets bonus dmg from Skull Swing)

For Barb i remember before resetting: Giant Swing, Embowel and Stomping Kick. could be others, but i dont know this time.

Oh and , none of the skills listed have anything like [Speed of Atk] next to it. they just are not % based

I just noticed this and I’m really confused.
Do you know what is supposed to be the scale with the latest gung ho and concentrate?

They are, it’s just that the listed value is not saying %, actual calculation is % based.

Personal anecdote of doing 70k crit as lv 160~ Highlander 3.

I don’t think it is.
For me, gung ho says it gives +71 physical attack, I thought it might be +71%, but it really gives me 71 flat patk.

I don’t know the new value of gung ho, but attack skills at least are %.

Don’t worry about offensive skills lacking a % symbol. All of them are percentages.

Gungho is still flat. Even on KR.
Concentrate will always be flat since it’s an additional damage buff.