Tree of Savior Forum

Since Ranger3 is wack. Whats the iToS version "OP PVE AOE DPS" archer build?

Speaking of which, I have been meaning to get the cast time (animation time) + cast delay for some of the skills. One of these days I will get down to it…

Someone should find out the frame data for skills. That would be amazing to look at.

The second table shows only lvl 1 vs lvl 2

:pensive:

Basic math is not the problem here.

The math in the damage formula is the problem, at least for me, cuz you need a lot of infos to put in the formula, doing so is a bit hard, IMO.

[[(ATK+ATKSKILL+AMP)×T0− ((DEF-DEFDEBUFF)×LVPENALTY+RESELEM)]×CRIT+CRITATK+ATKELEM+ATKTYPE]×T1×T2×T3×ENHANCE+BONUS

@sudonim7
NP, its all good.

hugs.

… FLoki … you don’t need to fill in every single detail there. You just need to look at the ratio of the base atk modifier and the skill damage growth.

But it IS the problem. You can’t understand such simple reasoning nor calculation. We are providing information that even highschoolers are supposed to understand yet you still can’t.

My simple explanation wasn’t enough, Lyralei tried to explain it further as well but still not enough.

Just how in the earth can we make you understand that Lv15 Barrage does not scale well and is not worth it. It IS weak due to the possibility that we can reach 1500+ Patk.

Oh jesus. I give up. raises white flag

Well, I need to see the lvl 5 ~ lvl 15 diference. I understood pretty well wht the first table shows. But the damage formula IS BIG, and imo, thats lacking info.

But thats the problem.

Too simple, sorry. I was talking about the damage formula, not about simple math.

Because I wanna see in the damage formula and on in game tests.

The second table just shows lvl 1 and lvl 2. Nice. Convenient. So you are the solid proof guy. I need one too. :joy:

No problem.

I still think I need the max of it. I will max barrage ( maybe next year LOL ) so I really need the max of it. Just the max I can get from it.

Lets agree to disagree,

rises ten white flags.

hugs.

This is not even opinions LOL We’re literally throwing out facts to you and you just literally chose to be stubborn about it OR you simply don’t understand what is being explained to you.

And you even said you are a Lawyer?!

I’m sorry to say this but you literally don’t have enough IQ to engage in this kind of discussion. No really.

When you said this,

It’s obvious you still didn’t understand a single thing and just acting like you actually understand. You totally had ZERO idea what the Lv1 and Lv2 table meant LOL

You also don’t understand that the other modifiers that acts multiplicatively doesn’t matter because as long as something stacks multiplicatively, the % increase will always remain the same. This mean that the other details on the damage formula doesn’t matter. Heck some won’t even apply so it doesn’t need to get filled in.

I think you’re hopeless lol

2 Likes

Huh…

So now you will try to offend me?

Nice try, I dont give a f. for it.

Its just a game.

Facts?

Well, there are some, but still not the one Im asking. The damage formula. And yes, the lvl 1 and lvl 2 table shows how much you gain from that skill in that level range diference… Or its not?

Also, rebember this: English is NOT MY NATIVE language, my grammar is way inferior than my knowledge on portuguese grammar.

So I really dont care what you think about my IQ or my profession, is not your problem.

As you write, you look so arrogant, pretentious, and pedant all the time, its just a game forum.

Lets talk about the game.

Or just let it be.

You don’t even understand what’s being explained to you.

English isn’t my native language either but would you seriously say that language barrier is becoming a problem to understand simple equations?

You see, the problem here is you are literally MISLEADING people with wrong information. You are saying that Lv15 Barrage is good when in fact it isn’t. In-case you didn’t know, we are PROPERLY using the damage formula. We just tend to be smart by ignoring the other details/factors/modifiers because most of them stack multiplicatively which means it wouldn’t matter. For example, if you compare Lv5 Barrage vs Lv15 Barrage w Lv0 Attributes and with lv100 Attributes, we would literally still end up with the same percentages.

I won’t say I’m not being arrogant but YOU are the one being pretentious here by acting like you understand what’s being explained to you when in fact, you understood literally NOTHING.

I’m pissed off because I seriously don’t know how you can be so thick and stubborn.

If you can’t follow a discussion, be honest. Don’t pretend. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Never said that. I do think Im lacking a lot in english grammar and thats it. And Im not pretending anything, Im just asking about a complete comparison.

I cant agree with that.

It is better, no matter if it is 5% or 20%. Nice to know, them show to us, ignorants and simple toons low IQ ppl your all mighty math, Big Dream.

I see.

I used this example before but it was a misleading from other info, I got it.

Good to know.

Arrongant, as allways.

I dunno why you are even helping these scrubs dawg…
I’ve been saying it already r3 is trash; there are just so many that went r3 f3 because they saw some cookie cutter booolshiett on tosbase and now they want to defend their less optimal builds.
I tested through 4 archer rerolls; we know what’s up.

OMG …

Still wanting complete comparison when I already said that most factors/multipliers on the full damage formula stacks multiplicatively creating absolutely ZERO difference if we’re talking in percentages. How many times I repeated this? And he still doesn’t get it.

So he is still advertising Ranger C3 as a good class even if it might only give a 5% or 20% damage increase while sacrificing 2 ranks in the process.

Literally beyond help.

The level 5-15 damage difference isn’t really relevent, because of how the game is designed but sure.
At the most basic level
Level 5 Barrage is (Your physical attack + 250 per arrow)
Level 15 Barrage is (your Physical attack + 543 per arrow)

Now the difference between 543 and 250 is that 543 2.17x more then 250.
543-250 = 293.
293/250 = 1.17.
1.17x100 = 117% which is 2.17x.

That might seem substantial but as you noticed its “Your physical attack” + the skill damage.

If you had 0 physical attack then yes Barrage level 15 is 2.17x stronger then level 5 barrage.

However you do have physical attack.
If you have 1000 physical attack then lets plug 1000 into the numbers we had before
Level 5 barrage is your physical attack (1000) + 250 per arrow. Thats 1250.

Level 15 barrage is your physical attack (1000) + 543 per arrow. Thats 1543.

1543-1250 = 293.
293/1250 = 0.234.
0.234x 100 = 23.4%. which is 1.234x.

So as you can see the greater your physical attack, the less the difference between Barrage 5 and Barrage level 15.

Now you have to decide if a 23% stronger barrage (when you have 1000 physical attack) is worth the damage skills or buffs you can get from taking other classes.
Barrage has an 18s cooldown.
While you make Barrage stronger by 23%, have you considered what you’re doing during the 18 seconds when you cannot use Barrage?

Don’t be confused. 23% more damage is a lot, but it’s 23% more damage to Barrage and not all of your skills.

Secondly we saw that going from 0 physical attack to 1000, reduced the difference between level 5 and level 15 barrage from 2.17x to 1.234x.
You can have more then 1000 physical attack and as the game goes on you will get even more physical attack, which will make level 15 Barrage even less significant.

Basically what the posters in here are saying is that, their character gets more damage by trading the extra 293 damage per Arrow of level 15 Barrage, for brand new attacks or buffs.

2 Likes

He will just call you a hater LOL

I got it, thanks for your post, polite and respectful.

I do agree you gain more dps from going to archer c2 and scout1 c1, but you lose spiral arrow and bounce shot, (bounce is “meh” I know), and, really, I dont have time to use a lot of skills on my rotation, there is not enough time for it.

Mult shot lvl 10 is useless in my rotation, take too much time, lags hurts it a lot. You can even miss it like… a lot. Even the almighty Dream in his scout c3 video build misses it on the boss, so I will miss it too, for sure. :joy:

Flare shot lvl 5 in just too bad. That cd x duration and skill damage is too poor.

Now Swift Step +25% crt rate is just too good, here I 100% agree with you.

I can go on in this comparison but my opinion is this:

Im not gaining too much going for ranger c3 but Im losing swift step buff.

Ranger c3 fits better in my playstyle. Going for ranger c1 leaves you with unwanted skill points. You just need barrage and steady aim at circle one. So 5 useless points.

Same for archer c2, You need lvl 1 oblique shot, lvl 10 mult shot, lvl 9 swift step and… thats it.

hugs.

why? :joy:

Im fine with my ranger c3.

Oh god my sides. If you actually understood it, his explanation is actually more complex than mine yet you weren’t able to understand my explanation which even Lyralei said that he/she can’t ELI5 explain it anymore than mine.

Obviously I was trying to predict where the boss will stop after rolling but instead got stuck on some invisible obstacle. Something you would have never guessed seeing how dumb you are to not be able to understand even highschool math.

:joy::joy:

I just llollledddd

rofl.

Take it easy, its just a game. Everyone faills sometimes.

You know what’s funnier? A self-proclaimed lawyer who can’t understand highschool math.

yeah rigth, tell me more about it.

:joy:

Ok,

We’ve come too far.

As I said in my pm to you:

It is just a game forum man, I dont take it so serious.

Also, FLOKI comes from a character in the vikings series, as you can see here:

https://www.google.com.br/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=character+floki

He plays around with ppl, just it.

But if you guys care so much, I will stop this.

Also, @Dream Im pretty unhappy with this mutual offenses.

You even did a special thanks to me in your guide

"3D. SPECIAL THANKS
Here I will list a few notables who have contributed to some parts of the guide.

FLoki - STR’s extreme scaling."

I dont know how we came to this point, but Im sorry if I was disrespectful and I will not do this again.

As I always say,

hugs.

It’s fine. I’m easy to talk to.

I do admit that I went overboard there and was the first to say offensive stuff.