Tree of Savior Forum

Since Ranger3 is wack. Whats the iToS version "OP PVE AOE DPS" archer build?

Ok the archer > ranger > fletcher seems to be the most popular archer build at the moment judging by every forum. But since this is steam iToS and not kToS the OP level is not the same.
What have you guys been messing with in terms of archer dps class?

Archer1 > A2 > Ranger1 > R2 > Fletcher1 > F2 > F3/Cannoneer1/Musketeer1
Archer1 > A2 > A3 > Ranger1 > Fletcher1 > F2 > F3/C1/M1
Archer1 > A2 > A3 > Scout1 > Fletcher1 > F2 > F3/C1/M1
Archer1 > A2 > Ranger1 > Scout1 > Fletcher1 > F2 > F3/C1/M1
Archer1 > A2 > Scout1 > Scout2 > Fletcher1 > F2 > F3/C1/M1
Archer1 > A2 > Ranger1 > Scout1 > S2 > Fletcher1 > F2

Or even a wugushi variant? anyone have experience on these builds? currently i’m taking a break from my PD to focus on a PVE DPS character he is Archer C1 and Ranger C1 right now.

Go to full Fletcher 3 if you’re going over c1. You can go the cookie cutter AoE build - Sapper 2 + Wugu 2 + Cannon, or focus on either Sapper or Wugu. Otherwise, Ranger 3 is still not bad. Just not as OP as you thought.

1 Like

I’d say either Archer 3 Ranger 1 or Archer 2 Ranger 1 Scout 1.

Ranger 3 is bad? what have u been smoking? i want some as well.

8 Likes

xD

these posts… keep on sprouting.

Go check the mechanics and hidden modifiers skill thread.
And archers mega thread.

Sounds to me like someone just wants to be a special snowflake lol

5 Likes

Barrage full attributed is pretty OP even for single target dmg , timebomb takes care of plates, spiral arrow is alright.

While steady aim is not BROKEN as before(it was not good it was just plain broken) 20% dmg boost for a nice burst is alright.

Idk man Ranger C3 is still pretty good

Ranger c1 provides you pretty much as much as you want as ranger c3, leveling up barrage to 15 from 5 only gives you a total of +250 skill damage, which is literally a drop in the ocean compared to your fletcher skills. You mostly want barrage just for its aoe and multi hit nature, other than that it scales perfectly fine with your weapon damage and strength and you don’t need to invest extra ranks into it.

10% damage from steady aim is good enough, 20% is not as noticeable compared to 25% increased crit rate.

By going into a2, you get multi shot to 11 hits and swift step crit buff, and multi shot is one of the best scaling skills in the archer line because of its multiple hits that get magnified by weapon/equip damage as well as only costing 400k to get to 50% attribute damage. also gets affected by AoE attack ratio, so it easily becomes one of your highest source of damage in dungeon runs up until rank 6/7.

R1 doesn’t even come close to R3, no idea where u camp up with those assumption.

Machine gun Cannoneer ¯I_(ツ)_I¯

Or melee archer.

When I’m bored I just mess around with non-practical builds. I can say I’m bored a lot.

1 Like

If you think RangerC3->FletcherC3/Something->Musketteer isn’t absurdly strong just because of a bit more of downtime you have a problem, or haven’t played the game enough.

1 Like

xD

So true.

^^

Probably a archer level 60 or something.

I’m level 177 ranger 3 fletcher 2 right now, and my multi shot level 5 damage outclasses my barrage level 15 damage.

If I swapped the numbers around and went multi shot 15 and barrage 5, the difference in damage for my barrage would be barely noticeable (250 damage vs 550 damage), but my multi shot damage would be tripled, scaling with my strength and weapon attack on each hit.

Also I’ve ran the numbers on the itos steady aim 15 vs steady aim 5 with the crit rate buff from A2, A2 with R1 makes your fletcher skills significantly stronger than just R3 buffs.

So with that logic, A2 and R1 setup will benefit you more once you hit fletcher, and the bump from A2 to A3 for more multi shot levels and twin arrows is much better than the bump from R1 to R2 for time bomb (lol) and a small increment in barrage damage. The 5% steady aim might be comparable, but is rather have twin shot and extra levels in multi shot.

1 Like

Wugushi is insane in ground aoe.

This may be a late reply, but Barrage’s damage come from shotgun (i.e. melee) range where the mob/boss receives all 5 arrow hits from Barrage. (which pierces, to my knowledge, so grouped up mobs will get hit too)

So for whatever numbers you have for Barrage, you can multiply it by 3/4/5 times to get a more accurate representation of the damage. Multishot level 3 might be on par with Barrage 3 in terms of bossing, but for mobbing Barrage is by far the superior skill. In case you’re wondering, I have a A3/S1/F1 and a A1/R3/F1. (yes I’m a dumbass for making 2 Fletchers lol)

Though, I thoroughly agree that A2 is a very worthwhile investment just for the Swift Step crit rate buff. Twin Shot is a solid skill but I haven’t had many situations where it was exceptional.

Barrage is a fantastic skill, it’s just not that amazing at level 15 compared to level 5. Level 5 is good enough for it, it doesn’t hit more enemies the more points you put into it, and the skill damage scaling is awful.

Nah. A-R3-F2-Musketeer/cannoneer is also viable. You lose a lil bit of dps against static mobs, but its still viable.

I personally find the scaling fine (because it hits multiple times), so each to his own.

Arguably you’re getting Ranger 3 to max out Steady Aim anyway… but given the difference between ours and kToS it’s probably not that good to take Ranger 3 just for it. Ranger 3 as a whole is still good though, in my opinion.

For highest DPS I personally would go A2/R2 just squeeze out the most from both buffs.

how would u choose if u would not go Fletcher … but can have A2 and R3 ?
or A3 and R2 or A3 R1 ? or A2 QS 3 ?

go Sapper, I regret not going Sapper. Much better than Ranger. I’m Fletcher3 btw and I feel like Ranger3 is useless.

1 Like