Tree of Savior Forum

Shout Gold Spam Solution

If u feel lag due to spam world chat, just click on whisper tab. Completely clean.

Shout needs to have a level limit of 50+

Shout needs to be limited to 30-40chars.

1 Like

pretty goldsellers are using paid TP not the free TP

Meh, gou call yourself elitists, but in mmos the elite ones are usually the boss hunters, the top vendors or the top guild leaders.

Cash cow or not, anyone can be one of those. Although cash cows are usually in the latter.

Example, in ragnarok me and my team hold the technique to kill randgris, esp risky on a pk map. We controlled the economy of valkyrie set. We had dozens of kafras worth of valkyrie equips, we had a couple of +9s and +8s we either sell for money or in game currency. Then one time i managed to make a +10, this cash cow wanted to buy it, but i didnt want to sell it. He settled for the +9 while i used the +10. Now tell me, can he 1v20 me? Whoā€™s the elite now?! Too bad for him all he has is money, and too bad for him i dont need it.

It is a very bad game if a simple 1000 dollar investment is enough for you to 1V20 people. You spend that much money in ragnarok or some other games like tera and 20 people sporting 50 dollar equips will still kill you.

I have money to spend, i usually use them to buy fashion or exp boosts. But i never use it to fully equip my character bec the challenge goes away, and whereā€™s the fun in that?

cooldown and 100lv to use megaphone imo also limit to ~50 chars

The only problem I see with placing a high level requirement on Megaphones is it sort of inconveniences the more casual players, like myself. I donā€™t have much to say in Megaphone chat, but once in a while Iā€™ll use a Megaphone or two to ask for advice.

If Iā€™m not yet level to use a Megaphone, Iā€™ll end up having to whisper people using the chat. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a bad idea, I can certainly see the high level requirement on Megaphones deterring RMT. Thatā€™ll at the very least reduce them from advertising in Megaphone chat to advertising in /say at the Goddess statues in the capital cities, Klaipeda and Orsha.

[theseaver]
The only problem I see with placing a high level requirement on Megaphones is it sort of inconveniences the more casual players, like myself. I donā€™t have much to say in Megaphone chat, but once in a while Iā€™ll use a Megaphone or two to ask for advice.

If Iā€™m not yet level to use a Megaphone, Iā€™ll end up having to whisper people using the chat. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a bad idea, I can certainly see the high level requirement on Megaphones deterring RMT. Thatā€™ll at the very least reduce them from advertising in Megaphone chat to advertising in /say at the Goddess statues in the capital cities, Klaipeda and Orsha.

This is not a solution and they will bypass that level req like in other games.

[MirAlex]
This is not a solution and they will bypass that level req like in other games.

Did you have any solutions in mind, that I may have missed?

Filter anything that useā€™s www.

Limiting the characters on shout was a dumb idea,we canā€™t easily sell items using shout chat anymore.

Forced to wait 2 fcking days to sell our shet.
Nice suggestionā€¦
Why does IMC listens to dumb ideas is all I wonder ,there were so many decent ideas but they picked the worse .

define worst and best? because these are down to personal preference what could be great to someone could be completely bad to someone else.

None because all of them have some flaw. But there is one that might work but it may end up screwing people overā€¦
1)Ban VPNS, Proxies, anything that hides your ip.
2)Make an anti-cheat that works and bans the user for using 3rd party programs (expection to the ones that are allowed).
3)Montior Hack and bot activity and find how to permanently block them.
4)Make everything server-sided so duping canā€™t happen(yes the server will check).

Not simple but since this is the internet this might work for a while intill someone finds a flaw.

1 Like

Seriously ?
Level restriction to 50+
Increased cooldown for using the /y
Certain amount of silver required to use /y.
Filter checkā€¦
Any of these would have lowered the amount of spam but reducing the amount we can type ā€¦?

It only hurts the community once again.
It is almost as bad as removing trade function to counter gold sellers lel.

if it was that simple the Devs would have done it what donā€™t you understandā€¦ a person who has a bot is smart to work around systems to keep there stuff up you could add the level restriction till cap level they will find a way to boost there people to max.

Increased cooldown they would simply make more bots and have them all spam and it becomes even harder to block bots.

Silver requirement? they would just add that to the cost of there service to compensate.

Filter check they will end up just changing the wording to what they type to work around it.

And once again your suggestions damage the community regardlessā€¦

Iā€™m done,you are right.Your suggestions are correct.

Reduce the shout cast to 50 chars,and filter www is the best idea.
Cuz itā€™s impossible to type a website without using www.
3vv(dot)retardseverywhere(dot)com

wow you just corrected your ā€œfilter checkā€ good job there.

wow you just proved your inability to comprehend.
My suggestion was to filter chat in general,not just the www. like yours.

The point of applying restrictions is to reduce the gold sellers,not to completely remove them cuz thatā€™s impossible.

Reducing the amount you can type in the /y and filtering www. doesnā€™t make the life of a goldseller harder at all,it only makes the life of the community harder.

But it seems like you are not here to argue,
you are here just to prove that you are right no matter what,
So Iā€™m out.

All they have to do is add a Captcha. Simple easy solution that slows down spam.

1 Like

To be honest anything you could put as a suggestion to counter a gold seller they will find a way to work around it your treating it like a Saturday morning cartoon villain that can simply be brushed off by a suggestion from your utility belt if anything people who make and own bots are on equal to hackers they know ways around the system to remain undetected even if its in clear sight they know full well that even if they get one word out about 1 out of a 100 people will see that message and be lured in only to get there account hacked and this person useā€™s that account to spam advertisement some more thatā€™s just how it is so please stop telling a company who clearly knows more about programming on how to beat stuff outside your skill level okey?

Thank you for your constructive criticism,it was much needed.
You are right,I just realized that suggestions are not needed.
Your wisdom is astonishing and the use of the examples you bring into the table are on point.
Iā€™m simply out of words about the fact that youā€™re not a hypocrite like the most of the community here,
Simply amazed,kudos to you.