Tree of Savior Forum

[Shinobi] The Real Tank of ToS

I have been pondering over Shinobi and Goon a lot and it struck me when looking at the synergy of my build out side of a DPS context.

Shinobi is a Tank.

Bunshin alone allows for a high Con build that lends itself to burst damage of a considerable amount.

Edit: That is to say with bunshin OFF you can tank and while using Bunshin you can burst.

Shinobi benefits greatly from Con and Dex, which Tanking does also. Mijin is really a viable option for High Con builds. Kunai is ranged coupled with Provoke attribute that is very good taunt. from what I seen mokton is multiple targets of various distance and you avoid an attack, thus another hate generating method. Katon is another source of good hate. Shinobi seems like a very viable AOE tank.

Edit: As for stealth, this is good especially with mijin in the event that you need to shed hate

I am going Sword> Pelt >Hop2> Cor1 (Going2) > Shinobi

I will have to test a High Con/Dex build when it is possible for me, damn flower since lvl 110 I have been camping it on and off when able.

3 Likes

You can’t tank with bunshin
Each bunshin you cast will double / x1 your damage receive.
level 5 bunshin x5 damage taken.

You must carefully think about stealth, it’s maybe can make you lose aggro from mobs and hit your party instead.
Cathexis said it won’t lose aggro, but who knows if you stealth when the aggro from swashbuckling almost gone.

Pretty much what that guy said. If you see videos, a lot of them almost get one shot when Bushin is active.

Hi @nazrious

Using Bunshin Clones are dangerous. It may say in the description about 5x damage…but, it means you will be receiving 5x damage for any incoming attacks while Bunshin no Jutsu is active.

On the other hand, you may test your build. It could be viable. Who knows right? Just like Elementalist, in PvP, other players stats are Full CON and they’re the beast in every PvP. Your build could be viable :slight_smile:

But please don’t tank it with Bunshin Clones ok? that’s the only concern I have.

Not at all what I meant.
For Clarification Due to Bunshin Shinobi can TANK, and when needed provide Burst Damage. Not that they do both simultaneously.

Skills scale well with str or dex to boost damage or provide crit, Con offers no damage potential, however through the use of Bunshin horrible damage due to lack of Str can be mitigated since it is a multiplier irrespective of str or Dex.

Bunshin Clones’ HP are DEX dependent, for your info.

Ok man…its up to you…
you may test it.

In my opinion, the purpose of Bunshin Clones are to provide Burst Damage when using Kunai and the Swordsman active Skills. That’s why there is a downside to this skill: receiving 5x damage to any incoming attacks because if it doesn’t have this downside, it will be OP.

I have nothing against your build…its just that if and only if you’re planning to tank with Bunshin Clones, I will not do that if i were you.

Another shinobi here: You can tank with bunshin clones. There are many reasons behind that. Not to mention the 5Ă— dmg. Even if you reduce the damage taken with the attribute level it will be still insane!

Also, not to mention that Bunshin eats your stamina pretty much. I have +25 from my roxona boots and it’s still not enough.

I don’t want to discourage you but if you want to tank…shinobi is not your class.

edit:
expletive.

insert: woosaaaaaa

Lordy…
Edit: to tone it down a notch

You have HIGH con and thus can tank, the Bunshin is there when you NEED BURST damage…

dude relax…
please…dont be like this guy

Har har. You do realize that he is basically a Hoplite right?

Shinobi for DPS is not a viable option compared to other builds and it has a lot of tank synergy. I will test it and see.

ok dude…you’re the boss :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Sword is last in DPS compared Archer, Wiz, most Priest DPS builds.

Shinobi does have burst, but this is very situational and is the true “Glass Cannon.”

I am not trying to be contrite so to clarify Sword for DPS is not a viable option for Top Tier DPS. Yes, Dragoon builds are DPS, but they suffer from all the issues of Sword, listed ad nauseum in this very section of the forum. Shinobi are not the Top DPS within Sword, and thus are not the TOP DPS of ToS. It is still to be seen if the legendary clone burst is actually superior to other burst DPS builds from Archer, Mage, Etc.

Ignore my input and simply go over the synergy that shinobi has with tanking, I know you are familiar with the skills so just look at it from a tanking perspective rather than DPS.

That would be interesting?
A ninja with a sword and Shield…hmmmmmm
I’ve never seen that before…You will be in the history of the making dude :sunglasses:

It is the only method I have found for high con and dex that will allow for any viable DPS. Even with 0 Str 5 Bunshin will allow for skills to hit decently hard, the hate generation from dps will be high also

so you mean…if i go DEX CON build…
if i use a skill lets say Kunai, I can still damage mobs or the enemies decently without relying on STR?
do you mean that the physical damage stat is only for auto-attacks?

Don’t come back crying if your idea doesn’t work out (if you even make it to shinobi)

Yes, it wont be as high as heavy str but if you look at the base value of all skills then multiply by 5.

1 Like

Good day to you too.

Outside of slithering, if it even gets ktos buff, the best Mdef is a 37% uptime magic immunity, that Does Not block cc. Even with ktos buff slithering is only 50% uptime.

Thus going the most “Tanky” job gets you… unreliable mdef…

Neither Rodelero or Fencer have the ability to burst like shinobi does.

I am not saying this will be a high teir DPS, I am saying Shinobi can be made into a high HP tank capable of moderate burst damage. Currently EVERY tank method involves high HP, as it is the only means of addresssing Magic. Also this is NON-PVP. Although it might have pvp applications with moktun, hook, etc.

But I understand if the thought of a possible superior build is threatening and you feel the need to make more inept comments.

Edit: in terms of uptime, 37% uptime.

Seriously address this and clarified that bunshin was not for tanking.

Second that person had less than 20k hp at lvl 266.
But yes, Bunshin is not a good solo tool when trying to mob.