Tree of Savior Forum

Arrest skill from Squire QUESTION

Does the arrest skill cause immobilization or immobilization + stun? I mean are monsters still able to attack when under the effects of arrest? In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwfwAFFjQHU the animation of stun is in effect but in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlQbKdsDfjU mobs are able to attack.

Would love to know, since I am making a pelt3 char and dont know what I pick next.

On the 2nd video I guess the attribute for decreased defense is on, does this cause the skill to lose it’s stun or is the first video just outdated and stun was nerfed by IMC?

It immobilizes them. I have never seen the enemy getting stunned… so I am guessing the stun effect was removed.

Note that enemies can still attack you while immobilized, not to mention it does not prevent the enemy from re-positioning themselves if they have any attacks that allow them to dive, jump, roll, etc.

I only spent 1 point on it, since spending more does not increase the duration (it only increases the number of enemies you can target). The skill is only ever useful in boss fights and when you are in a party, as you can combo it with a dps’ AOE attack - remember to learn the defense weakened attribute for it too, at level 5 it’s a 50% defense decrease!

Tip: Always activate Pain Barrier before using the Arrest skill, as getting knocked down will prematurely end the skill.

Thank you very much for that information. I was only considering going squire because of the arrest skill but now that I know it’s not really that useful might as well build it to something else.

Do you have any recommendations for pelt3? would hop3 be good with spear throw as my go to dps or fencer2 for more eva and block? or maybe rode3?

Haha sorry, I asked a lot of questions. Would be great to hear some recommendations. I’ve got no plans of doing hardcore PVP, all PVE ATM

Well, I don’t really recommend going pelt c2 or c3 as there’s really not much incentive, unless you want to max out your Swashbuckling…

There is a couple of interesting builds I have seen while browsing through the forums - you can always make some changes to better fit your play-style.

You can also go here to find more info

GOOD LUCK!

Yeah I’ve been eyeing this build before I made may alt. I just really want to make pelt3 work haha. I guess c3 doesn’t really add that much aside from SB15.

Thank you very much!

Level 280 PeltC3 here. Actually Sw>PeltC3>Corsair>FencerC2

PeltC3 is usefull for the umbo thrust, it reduces 100% of all the enemy defenses (magic included if im not mistaken, never really tested it) this is verrrrrrrrry usefull trust me. In a party this debuff makes the bosses/monsters die twice as fast (its a major contribution to the DPS).

If you want a stun/imobilize skill then you should go Corsair at next rank, Iron Hook is the same as arest but it stuns and can be used on 3 targets at once (but dont work on bosses and have no defense drop) he also have keel hauling for pvp (pull a single enemy stuned with the hook) and Jolly Roger is always a nice adition to a party since it makes you get more gold, raise your drop rate while in the area and give you an attack bonus.

For the last 2 ranks you could go RodC2 (if full tanker), HopC2 (Almost only for finestra) or my personal favorite FencerC2. Fencer ads a lot of damage compared to the others, while also giving you evasion and some other defense drop skills (Wiht PeltC3 you can get a 100% defense reduction on piercing and slash atacks on the enemy runing all the time)
I would recomend building Con and Dex (you only need around 90-100 for a nice evasion since your skills double it) mainly if you want to be a hard tank, if you want to be a bruiser put some of the Con points in Str.

arrest is still amazing because it lowers 50% phys def of whatever is arrested
so up to 16 things with half def

also to make sure tree of knockbacks doesnt cancel it i always save pain barrier specifically to use arrest and inc the parties dps

also a lot of monsters go full retard when immobilized and don’t attack anyway

I was actually theorycrafting this kind of build but instead of fencer c2 I was thinking of goind doppel c2? My idea was a farming build. Jolly roger plus DPE on paper it sounds really good, coupled with an aoe damage from cyclone with it’s attributes which gives 60% chance to block harmful effects iirc and 12.5% to negate damage if full party with jolly roger. Do you think it would be viable? Or would it be a waste with doppel c2 since I wont be able to use 3 skills from it because it requires a 2H sword?

I cant say for sure since i never made a Dopel C2, but if you want a farming build you would only need Deeds of Valor (Single target) Douple pay Earn (for the farming ofc) and some skill for AoE (maybe Cyclone), you wouldnt actually need any of the 2H sword skills, so it must be viable expecially if you want a loot farmer (corsair + dopel is a must)
But Dopel and pelta dont combo really well, since one of them decrease defense and increase damage and the other does exactly the other way around. They are kinda of oposites. If you like, you could equip a 1h sword and shield and a 2h sword in the other slot, and you could use your equips/classes as stances. Change to shield and use pelta buffs/skills when you need defense and use the 2H with dopel skills as an ofensive stance.
This way you would be a jack of all trades, you could be ofensive and defensive, but wouldnt be the best one in any.

Umbo Thrust actually could help dopels a lot, since it reduces 100% of all defenses

Alright I would probably go this route just for a mats farmer toon. Thank you very much!

1 Like