Tree of Savior Forum

[Server Overcapacity] Please IMC, compensate players accordingly

This is not the kind of topic I normally enjoy making on gaming forums, but I honestly feel like it needs to be addressed, at least on Klaipeda. I don’t know the situation on other servers, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to create mission instances in order to:

1. Enter a dungeon or mission with a pre-made, or alone. A pre-made 5-man party offers roughly 20% less total individual EXP than auto-queue, and so some people do prefer to pre-made or go with less. Or dungeon boss rushes.
  2. Enter Earth Tower, one of two endgame PvE contents with limited tries and cannot be reset by dungeon re-entry vouchers.
  3. Awaken items.
  4. Enter the guild hideout, to keep a guinea pig baby alive (inability to feed it results in it’s permanent death).
  5. Enter the Saalus Convent, the other limited entry PvE content, that cannot be reset either. This will be a larger issue when Transcendence is introduced into the game.

I know other players have mentioned their qualms with this problem, but I’d like to gather unified support. The likelihood of IMC responding may be small, but being vocal is probably better than being silent about it.

The five points sans the first one that I raised earlier cannot be worked around by using a queue system. You must enter them using manual entry, to which many of you have shared the same experiences of:

My team runs Earth Tower every day around 4-5 PM EST. It’s the only convenient time for us, because most of us are busy earlier, and some are in EU timezones so too much later and it’s too late. We currently farm 15/F, which a run of takes an hour to do. After two hours standing outside the entrance spamming space bar yesterday, we gave up on trying to enter Earth Tower. I re-organized my team 12 hours later at 4-5 AM EST and lo and behold we’re still unable to enter the instance (update: after an hour and a half, we managed to get into the instance right before the reset, so we at least got one run from yesterday in before the count reset. Three and a half hours total to enter Earth Tower once).

For those unaware, the game runs (ran?) on at least two types of servers (I’m going to use terminology freely here, even if it’s incorrect terms). A main server and a dungeon server. People auto-queue into the latter. It is seldom full, which is why you can auto-match into dungeons and missions with returning an error. When you do one of the five points listed above, it creates an instance within the former, main servers. This is why resource consumption for things like Poison Pot via Wugushi did not occur through auto-match, but does occur in pre-made.

I’m thoroughly convinced that as the week goes on from the start of maintenance, various nodes that the game creates instances on crash and fail to recover, making it more difficult to create additional instances. In terms of an analogy, it’s like right after maintenance, you are trying to fit 300 people through an airplane hangar door. Near the end of the week, the airplane hangar door narrows to a one-man doorway, and you still must fit the same 300 people through it. With this analogy in mind, there is a strong likelihood that I imagine this problem will persist today, tomorrow, and Monday as well, until the weekly maintenance fixes it for the beginning of the week.

Months ago, IMC would have performed an emergency maintenance for this kind of issue and many others (such as party cutscene). Why they are not communicating with the playerbase at this point is beyond me, and a flagrant offense to the people still playing the game.

I earnestly greatly enjoy this game. There’s a reason I still play it daily. But even when I stream it, I have a difficult time recommending it to new players due to all the issues that currently plague it.

I ask that IMC properly communicates with the players on these issues instead of addressing asinine questions in their Q&A that not nearly as many people are concerned about. And also to properly compensate the people who have been restricted by this event, in some way or another (extend King of the Tower event, for starters).

I apologize to the community in advance for the lengthy post. I hope some of you guys share the same sentiments as I do.

89 Likes

If the party cutscene bug doesn’t kill the playerbase, this certainly will. Players who just want to log in and rush dungeons can’t even do that. Players who want to experience endgame PvE cant do that. This is the very core of the game that is completely broken. IMC shut out the general public for over a month for much lesser issues before, and this time we aren’t even getting so much as a response.

11 Likes

This needs immediate attention. It is a huge issue that is affecting people of all level ranges, but affects end-game the most. The earlier it can be resolved, the better, and it should take priority over bringing new costumes or DLCs in.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Amy

9 Likes

And this will also be another thread that IMC ignores.

1 Like

Likely yes, but hopefully not. I’m afraid I can’t just sit idly and let it be swept under the rug, even if the extent of what I can do is try to rally support behind this issue.

Please please please IMC, fix this ASAP.

When this started to happen last week’s maint, I thought it wouldn’t be big of a problem but now it really is. Even I feel like I don’t want to play anymore, having to spam spacebar for an hour+ to just get in and finish the FIRST dungeon of the day.

I Don’t play on Klaipeda but weren’t there posts a while back saying the server is dead? If it’s dead how are these dungeons full?

Reference his above post, likely the servers are having issues and are not in fact full.

I think u have mistaken Orsha for Klai Orsha is the real ded 1

■■■■ logic IMC! 36k players on ine the week open beta and never “server overcapacity” now 6k 5:26AM time server have “SERVER OVERCAPACITY”? REALLY?

1 Like

If we consider 800 or so people dead (this is an arbitrary number) then yes, the server is dead.

Let’s assume that there are enough nodes to create 50 instances on the primary servers. Again, the number example is completely arbitrary. But as the week goes on, with the sheer amount of people running instances or creating them from the five points in the opening post, different nodes crash and all of a sudden, only 20 instances can be occupied at any given point.

Let’s say some of those are people idle inside their guild tower instances, which do occupy these slots. Maybe someone is awakening too. We’re now trying to fit those same 800 people in 15 or so instances? And everyone else is spamming to enter the instance as soon as one of these slots is freed up.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

Ah so that’s it, guild tower instances and awakening instances are taking up space used to create dungeons.

They didn’t think this through

Could it be that old instances aren’t closing even with no one in them and clogging up the server?

Strangely enough, for Varena the server-capacity thing has been improved a lot - even on weekends like now I am able to get into non-queue dungeons instantly, this includes peak hours where you’d see 30-40+ players standing outside the 130 dungeon entrance, so you know something has been done for Varena.

In fact, even when we had the server-capacity issues a few weeks back, they typically don’t exceed 10-15mins, maybe 20mins at worst based on my own experiences.

The question then becomes: when will IMC go about to fixing this problems for other servers?

1 Like

It’s so bad atm in Klaipeda. I probably lost 4m+ worth of dungeon run in the past few days already.

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard, bots are what control the dungeon instances. Ever since someone spread the news that you could farm almost 300k per full run of the 130 dungeon, bot owners would flood the instances with bots. The time when instance capacity started exceeding started a few days after the post was made.

Of course, bots are dumb and possibly unlikely to kill bosses, so they likely use the entire hour time limit rather than the 5-30 minutes humans would take.

3 Likes

This issue is kinda what annoys me most. I have created a lot of characters for team level and to do stuff. I simply skip most of dungeon rushes during the week because there’s no point in doing them with this long Enter-spam time.

:<

I also think it was somewhat suspicious how those two events are so closely related ^o.o^

On the same subject, TBL performance is horrible on Fedimian.
We get lags, we get skill not procing, we get stuck in animations.
All of this, combined, create even more bugs.

Every maintenance, our performance get worse (compared to the same day, one week ago).
I assume they’re shrinking the servers according to the population decrease.
ping @Seiryuu

The problem isn’t Fedimian TBL performance or the Klaipeda bug @Veritas is talking about.
The problem is how imc is giving us an horrible game experience by saving money where they shouldn’t.

Want to hear an imc joke ?

1 Like