Tree of Savior Forum

Skill won't be casted and character gets stuck

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : maybe since last week’s maintence, but it got extremly annoying since this weeks maintence

Server Name: Fedimian

Team Name: Ethiliel

Character Name: Seraphita

Bug Description : when casting a skill the character freezes for a few seconds and the skill isn’t casted (cooldown isn’t counted as well)

this might also happen when meteor is channeled leading to the skill being cancled (cooldown isn’t counted here as well)

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. ~it just happens - too often…

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :
Mouse

System

• CPU : Intel i5-2410M
  • RAM : 8
  • Graphics Card : GEForce GT 540M
  • Mainboard : 2x, 2300 MHz
  • Storage : 500 GB
  • Internet Connection: effective value: 23,24 MB
  • Country, Region : Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
3 Likes

I’m having the same issue, it’s terrible when it happens during TBL, those precious seconds for casting buffs wasted then some swordie runs me over before I can do anything :frowning:

Is it while you’re charging the meteor and suddenly it cancel??

as written, it might happen when casting a skill (any), but it might also happen when you ve finished channeling meteor (in which case the whole meteor is being canceled)

it happens wayyyyyyyyyyy to often and yeah, it makes TBL even more ridiculous it terms of being totally unbalanced

I absolutely hate this bug. Happens everywhere at maybe at a 40% chance. In pvp I lose so much potential due to it. I just stand there with my hand in the air and cannot move for a good 3 to 5 seconds. Skill doesn’t cast, doesn’t go on cool down, I just die. Started happening once the last patch was installed. Absolutely infuriating. Almost launched my controller across the screen. It is the number 1 reason why I stopped playing this week.

TOS, tree of stuck
/20characters

Got this prob too and I thot it was my mouse ;c

1 Like

Happens about every 10 minutes at least once, while constantly spamming skills (grinding at truffles or similar).

Annoying as hell, as well as dangerous. Died from it multiple times by now.

Wtf.

You just notice you’re stuck mid-skill-animation, then look at hotkeybar to see your skill didn’t go into cooldown, and then you know you’re just stuck and you spam X to jump out of it imagining it helps…

I get that as well, I am almost sure that’s a server side issue though.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It also happens to me and other friends.
It’s actually really annoying in PvP for instance and also for ET.
You’re like stuck for 2 secondes which can change everything for PvP AND ET.

If I want to heal my teammates or an object in ET and I freeze, they could die before the animation unlocked. It’s really annoying and I hope it will be fix soon.

Well, it’s also horrible for questing and PvE/grinding because you can die easily after a freeze.

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_John @GM_Francis I guess.

1 Like

This bug affects alot of my spells like Quickcast, DT, Electrocute, and Frost Cloud. Makes some floors in Earth Tower much harder as they supposed to be.
Example Bossfight on 10F: We use the “Run in, dps, run out” tactic with invincibility from Austrine Statue. I cant cast most of my spells and have to run out earlier, because once i am affected by that Animation Freeze, i am stuck for 2 seconds and running in danger of getting oneshotted by the AOE of the boss.
This needs to be fixed asap, thx.
@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

Get your ■■■■ together imc.
ping @Seiryuu
ping inconsequential @moderators

I tought it was only me having this issue…But is not the case ! Feels good to see that so many poeple are suffering :smiley:

For me it feels like being a server-client communication issue. Im having the same bugs using my Out of Body explosion skill. The client and server desynch and the time you are stuck is needed to get them synched again.

Just that I cant wait till im getting synched again using astral body explosion, I have to use out of body again, which destroys any possible combo I could set up using my only cc skill.

When it only happens on Fedimian then its obviously caused by any recent tweaking IMC did to save money / get more server stability due to a shrinking playerbase. Which eventually causes the playerbase to shrink even further.

How naive are @hkkim and company to act so carelessly?

For gods sake, at least COMMUNICATE with your customers. You cant expect all of your players to simply accept every decision you do brainlessly, waiting for possible improvements at some time in the future.

edit:
What are you pinging me always for Atrei? :stuck_out_tongue: @lemaitre_dulotus

SAAAAAAAME problem here

I don’t know but you’re actually editing your post 1 day later just to ping me :>

I totally forgot to do that the first time!

with regards to the new discovery about the penguin bug:

I’m not sure if the skill-freeze-bug is (only) mostly caused by the penguin bug (at least for my wiz), but as far as I can tell after some time the skill-freeze-bug won’t occur as long as the penguin-freeze-bug didn’t occur before. Hopefully, after the patch that bug should be gone (or as least be veryyyy rare).

What do you mean ?
I don’t have any mount and I’m very often stuck.
Theses bugs are probably caused by whatever imc is doing during every maintenance (which are probably downgrades to accommodate the population decrease).

1 Like