Tree of Savior Forum

Server locations for next iCBT/OBT

Web site re-design poll results uncovered another cruicial piece of info that IMC should take into account:

How about prioritizing EU/South America/SEA regions for server locations for next iCBT/OBT instead of NA with atrocious latency for majority of active players?

@STAFF_John @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_J @GM_Erick @GM_Fuji

10 Likes

I never said there shouldn’t be NA server. I said that there should be dedicated EU/SA/SEA servers physically located in those regions for better user experience.

1 Like

I erased the post… 3 minutes before your replied though…doubt it will happen before the next beta.Nevertheless, I wish you guys good luck on getting those servers because it would indeed help with the lag.

who else is playing from the UK? it looks like more than i thought

2 Likes

SEA server most likely won’t happen, an West Coast server is good enough for us ><.

Just make sure Vakarine is a a US East server. Put the rest wherever you want.

The pigtails will be ours.

I don’t trust that map :\

I wish post-iCBT survey had geographical breakdown as in that poll because there were many more participants for better representation of players’ geolocation.

If they are using Amazon like this icbt, then really it doesn’t matter all that much. Amazon has very good infrastructure around the world, and a lot of it is done the client end anyway.

Though very likely it will be hosted in US, given the pricing structure.

And technically speaking US-Virgina IS the most neutral spot. EU/Westcoast/SouthAmerica are have a decent ping going to virgina.

Something like 100-150ms average from each area reach virgina…well except east coast…but that’s a given.

1 Like

it is 200-250 for EU players when anything higher than 100 is already detrimental for action-based game. Especially when you have to time your attacks with stagger from block that has fraction of a second duration. At 200-250ms latency some boss battles require you to predict boss moves beforehand in order to evade them.

Idk if you can trust a map from a poll like that for precise locations, but they already planned to put servers in other countries anyway.At least for SA/SEA, idk if they announced others but it wouldn’t be a surprise for there to be more.

I think it’s clear Europe is packed with tosters though.

They should place the servers in San Jose California, It will evenly distribute the latency for international players as all the international nodes and cables run through California. 220ms for SEA/OCE, and around 60-100MS for Canada and NA players. SA players should get around 150-220ms aswell.

DC servers for CBT 2, SEA/OCE was getting 350-400, SA was around 220-350, and NA was getting 40-100.

San Jose California is the best place to put the servers to even out the latency between all people.

Your tactically forgot to mention EU players that would get 300+ on west coast severs.

I don’t think it will happen in the beta phase but i expect well see servers located in each region for release.

If there’s not an EU server by non-reset open beta/launch I just will not play, and I know it will turn of a ton of potential EU players if we don’t get a server located here.

No one has confirmed if the open beta will be non-reset and int the games current state it seems SUPER unlikely to be non-reset. Once again regional servers typically happen on release.

Which is why I wrote a / between, meaning either or.

Never! Vakarine best girl -> She must be the latin server.

100-150ms is from backbone to backbone. Local ISPs taking too long to reach those hops is local ISP problem.

From a PR end, yes it’s an issue,

but

from a producer and developer end, If they’re getting 250+ then that means a player’s local ISP is getting traffic jammed for a good 100ms, which to IMC is a lost cause.

While this can be mitigated with local datacenter, the player base has to be their to justify the cost.

Unless you have a good 3000+ player base that suffer from the problem, it’s not worth the cost, when maybe 2000 of them will play it decently on a 150+ ping.

A lot of ToS is very client end, so it’s not like players need 50ms or even 100ms to be satisfactory.

I would say ToS is playable from 100~200ms with 250+ having some annoyance.

Since the territory of the international version isn’t super far in scope, it’s a rational decision to stick in in the middle (virgina)

Latin america US, Canada and UK would all have a decently stable ping with US east almost dead center.