Tree of Savior Forum

Seems afk farm was resolved on kTos

was doing the math and got 70-80 million the value of the farming area roughly… considering a running Warlock2 hogging the whole farming area…

Basically 70-80 million of silver is the networth of killing all the lower area as soon as they spawn during 24 hours non-stop …

So usually theres around 7-10 spots, so thats around 5m~~ per spot per 24 hours… killing non stop as soon as they spawn… could be 1m less due to error in spawn animation, so not so sure, still 4m is a lot for only spending 1-3 weeks in leveling a necro2, way less if you power level it…

Still, if they implement this change (i still hold the theory that they already did), it will change only that instead of spreading the profits in 10, it will be 1-2 running warlocks… so again, i vote for removing the auto farming skills due to them being useless beside auto farming ( except Summoning, and just maybe)

1 Like

Right, so, for you only ppl with a lot of free time can play?
Cause I dont know a lot of ppl that would play knowing that they would never be able to face ppl at pvp.

I wonder if this lot can buy enough for the game to stay alive.
If you want the game just for you, then make it rain, cause IMC is big.
The payroll is endles.

Oh, I never cared about PVP for the time I played the game.

Well, it was good for some drama in chat early on, before neutrality killed open world guild wars.

2 Likes

Personally I prefer they implement some mechanic for sorcerer and necro to increase their minions damage while removing the potential to afk farm using the same mechanic.

I beg to differ too, like I said the examples which are stated the developers STRONGLY DISCOURAGE the players from doing it (swiming far and comboing) by adding in mechanics which hinder their execution (fatigue and diminishing returns). Just like how ToS is, they discourage players from afk farm by introducing gradually lowered spawns.

Just like the other games, you can still attempt to afk farm (just like they can attempt to swim far/combo), but you will get the diminishing returns which is little to no spawn.

With the changes, I do agree that some players will change to running warlocks, but the good thing is, they will be behind the screen piloting those avatars, which is what IMC wants.

I still don’t get the term “honest necro farmers” at all.

No worries lol, I myself also crit others with walls of text :3

5 Likes

it just simply means u haven’t play enough korean mmorpg to realize that u can’t just rekt ppl in pvp without any investment

plus most ppl who play this game is also a fan of RO, so this is nothing new for ppl who came from RO, RO has even more serious RMT problem yet its still really popular

tbh usually casual player doesnt really care about pvp, pve is what matters to most of the ppl

i don’t really think this game is pay2win, cuz you can still compete with RMT if you spend enough time in this game

2 Likes

Greetings @Borel !

We are sorry to inform that there will be nomonster regeneration rate update on kTos yet.
Currently we are considering that some AFK farm changes with our dev team
Ask for your patience while the issues are resolved.
We will update you once through our forum again :slight_smile:
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience…

10 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation STAFF_Amy.

But as a player I would really like to have variety of things to do. I think it is neat and quite nice to have “AFK Farming” Classes. It creates one niche for various things you can do in-game. Like how there is a niche for pyro+thaum+linkers as high DPK item farmers.

Heed my concern. Stripping more things player can do in-game is over all bad. Sure make Active farming more profitable than afk farming but never actually remove the ability to afk farm. Since as said earlier, it adds vaiety to the game.
Such conflicts and fun times occured in the bee farm as well. Interactions with players trying to claim territory.

Back then I remember when GvG was still a thing. Bee farm was one of the greatest instigator of actually trying to find and wardec guilds. Since if you ccan find their tower you can basically kill hteir afk farmer. hence you gain the RESOURCE Acquisition Rights of the bee farm. It was brutal and it was FUN!

7 Likes

I agree with almost everything. The only thing I can’t agree is that AFK farm bring any variety. I think it is pretty much the opposite and should be removed, it kills variety: “Why will I spend hours farming if I can leave my computer on and sleep?”

But that’s exactly the meaning of variety. More things to do depending on YOUR CHOICE.

Make active farming more viable for all I care.

Make it so that players ACTIVELY playing will get 500k silver/hr.
Compared to an AFK farmers 100k silver/hr.

Heck if you don’t like that, what number do you think is fair?

Just don’t implement something so ■■■■ as an artificial despawn mechanic or making skeletons dumber than they are now.

5 Likes

Since when has it been ok to afk farm in any MMO? Actually why are you even playing the game if you AFK farm is the better question? And if your answer is you don’t have time to farm then my answer to you is then you don’t have time for the game.

Personally from my brief AFKing experience. I actively play and run the 290 dungeon and saalus on my main character. Run ET. Some times PvP.

And then while I sleep I park My necromancerC2. It earns quite a bit of coin but compared to actively playing the game it’s already pales in comparison even now. Specially when I reach more alt characters to run 290 dungeon with.

No need to assume that someone afking never plays the game. The necro allows me to catch up a bit with those that have more time to play. Not to an extent where I outstrip them in earnings but enough that I can create more income even on my sleep and/or work times. And no, I don’t multi-box. I have one and only one account whom have bought quite a bit of TP to support the game as well.

4 Likes

What exactly are you catching up to? Theres no competition in this game besides yourself unless you pvp. Theres no real end game. You’ll be thoroughly disappointed once you get there lol.

Afk farming is terrible as a system cause if it’s profitable it’s something everyone has to do if they don’t want to be left behind.
Also the inflation of market is bad, it already happens and if this was stated to be completely ok and allowed resulting to everyone creating one the gap between an AFK farmer and non-AFK farmer would be quite huge especially if they’re not hardcore. This would kill any variety it brings to the game since even if actively playing was more profitable it would be a must to do at all times when not playing. A terrible terrible system. :confused:

2 Likes

Silver is important. it’s the life blood of improving your characters in this game. Please have a bit of empathy for other players trying to have their version of fun as well.

MMOs at their core are games that is all about working towards the progress and strength of your characters. be it levels, gear, attributes and such.
And silver brings attributes. Gear not so much specially since Shards is a thing limited in supply not by silver but by player commitment in running it and amount of player characters running it.

I like using silver to increase my character’s strength. To help my team in Earth tower and accelerate its progress. I like using silver to earn a bit of new gear and scrolls and such to win PvPs,

It should not negatively affect you if someone else AFK farms. You can quest just fine even with tons of necromancers in bee farm as an example. Heck I wish there were more locations conducive to afk farming with their own gimmicks. Give a way for players to kill necro mancers that tick them off. Oh hey their are these interactions now and it creates conflict and player interaction it’s a bit of fun as well.

5 Likes

Please have some sense and realize how its actually hurting the economy of the game.That afk farming that you and the others partake in is what the silver sellers are abusing to ruin the games economy. Please have some sense and realize how its actually hurting the economy of the game.

2 Likes

The best bet is to find the sweet spot of silver gain compared to active farming.

A 10 minute run in 290 rush gives you 300k silver for example.
A 60 minute afk farm gives 100k silver.

With more characters you get even more. Would it be best to increase this gap even more? It seems already fine as it is. An afk player as my self at max will have my Bee up for 12 hours give or take. That’s 1.2m a day.
A similar player with 4 lvl 290s will get 1.2m a day as well while only playing for 40 minutes to an hour; not to mention 4x more saalus shards.

Again. I am saying is that the problem is not that afk farming exists but if the silver creation is at a “fair” price point.
You also get to a saturation point in bees where in if there are way way too many necros the silver gain is capped to the map spawn which is hard limited compared to lvl 290 dungeon runs which is infinite as long as you have different characters.

@CasualGamer

I know you mean well but you are looking at this all wrong. The less actual players can create their own silver. The more botters and silver sellers can charge for their silver farmed; making their service much much more attractable.

3 Likes

If you don’t have time to make silver then you don’t have time for the game. its as simple as that. Also would like to call bullshit on needing afk farming to “catch up”. I quit this game 3 months ago, came back recently made a new char and got to 317. Guess what? No need to afk farm I farmed every piece of my equipment and bought my token with the silver I made questing.

2 Likes

[quote=“digitalmonsters2001, post:140, topic:349696, full:true”]
The best bet is to find the sweet spot of silver gain compared to active farming.

A 10 minute run in 290 rush gives you 300k silver for example.
A 60 minute afk farm gives 100k silver.[/quote]

Thats bad example because AFK farming shouldnt get any silver in the 1st place. People playing the game should get rewarded. Those people not playing the game shouldnt get any because it is unfair to those playing the game. Its a simple commonsense.

4 Likes

@jynxie08

As I said earlier I already am playing the game. The afk necro is extra. It’s like a little fun activity for me as well. And players having fun means players more willing to help the game they have fun at means I will more likely to buy TPs and such since I am having a blast with the game.

Again the question is what is the “fair” price silver gain of afk necros. A class you deliberately create to be not as strong as the other classes and mostly used for afk farming silver generation. Like pardoners. Like squires. Like Alchemists. Isn’t that neat? And please don’t try to even debunk that necromancers are bad at end game. Hint: They are; kind of like a crafting class really.

2 Likes

Hopefully Sadhu’s get buffed since they have no alternate niche on what they are good at compared to necros that are good at afking so it’s ok that necros not be buffed too much… And they are well thought out explanations of what I am thinking. They are honest. From the heart and thought out thoroughly. Please engage a proper discourse with me rather than throwing insults.

4 Likes