Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

I received a tag for this post. :slightly_smiling_face:

I could attack objects with this buff, but I have forgotten where to get it. It was very strange so I took that screenshot of the effect. It might have been a bug too.

It was a long time ago I encountered the tesla quotes. I don’t think it’s relevant.

Back in the day I also did some mercenary post party-quests (solo with F6 to create party) to get gems. I cannot remember all party quests. One party quest did redirect me to Poslinkis forest for a quest, but it did not affect Kateen forest.

This was the quest:

This might be a clue for you, though I do not believe it is related. Maybe a hidden unlock once you repeat the quest multiple times? I tried it once only.

I did explore all party quests for the guide outdated guide here<< but I cannot remember another quest for Kateen forest owl.

Unless you feel very adventurous, it’s best and easiest to find someone who is able to look into game files to check Kateen forest quests.

There also used to be a lv16 guild mission that involved stopping Sequoia from running amok in Karolis Springs but it got taken out I think recently

Lorewise Tesla created Sequoia to help guard the forests with the owls or something, here’s another thing worth looking at

https://tos.neet.tv/zones/1191

tons of quests not in game yet on this map, alot of them have to do with the owls

I got this

Explaining Owl

Kateen Forest

wtfktnforest
wtfktnforest2

screenshot_20180328_00001

It seems to me like the bofires in Entrance to Kateen Forest always light up when I see them for the second time. Might be just me though. I haven’t spent much time experimenting with them.

I’ve seen the Storage Quarter quest info. The thing is: I’ve met the requirements but I am not able to start the Freedom quest. Tesla never offers it.

I’ve been trying to offer rods to the stone slab as well. It gave me a few options:

Stone slab offerings

slabbuff

I picked the “20” one and received a defensive buff. It was different than the one greyhiem got. I guess there’s multiple options here. Guess we gotta try all of these. Take note that stone slab’s message is pretty enigmatic.
I’ve been trying to get myself another buff but the stone slab has been igoring me since. Possibly I have not enough Fishing Rods with me. I had 64 when I got the buff the first time. I got 50 now and getting no response.
How many Fishing Rods did you guys have when you got your buffs?

I finished all quests at Karolis Springs and Letas Stream. There’s lots of graves in Karolis Springs that give me an interesting behavior.

Karolis Springs graves

graves

When I pass through these graves they spawn a visual effect and one of a few possible messages about praying for the souls or wondering if they are at ease. I tried triggering all of these graves that I could find but nothing seemed to happen.

@Edelgard
That’s an interesting spot. Where is it?

i can confirm the graves message in karolis is recently put in

Edelgard’s pic is from Kvailas Forest near the entrance

I tried Owls Burial Ground buff again. It was the same one as before. It gave me exactly 70 defense and magic defense.
This time I was sacrificing Fishing Rods one by one. Then at some point I gave 15 and that’s when I got the buff. It seems the amount you sacrifice is just added up to a counter which eventually gives you a buff. That’s probably also what stone slabs message is about.

There’s one idea I had though: perhaps a large group of players could try approaching the boulder at once. Maybe that does something. I was inspired to this by the stone slab message.

I made a map of those graves at Karolis Springs.

Have any one do/try this quest? Positive of curiosity.

Or any Lv 9999 quests that probably related to kateen (katyn), owl sculpture and Tesla.

I saw this quest listed in my efforts to uncover the headgear mystery myself, and could never figure it out.

I also recall seeing changes to Main Chamber a few months ago, and despite running around and redoing all the quests in there I had previously missed, I couldn’t uncover anything.

The Kateen Flower Decoration is a lie. Just… let it… go…

:tired:

6 Likes

Last time I saw him was in Feb 7th at 7:38AM

Nice! Could you post which spot exactly is this?
I occasionaly search around Entrance to Kateen Forest but I had never found him so far. He is the #1 suspect in our case so I’m hoping to narrow down his spawning conditions.

• Do you remember on which channel you found him?
  • I’m a little worried if his timer isn’t reset along with channel when no one is around. (Entrance to Kateen Forest is usualy empty on my server.) Did you spend a long time on the map? Were there other players?
  • I’ve been wondering if anyone has had a chance to meet with the Troubadour multiple times and if that does anything.
  • He might also require hoarding some items from his map. Do you remember how many of these items you had when you talked to him?

Lately I was able to find “Tesla’s Dedication” in “Demon Prison District 2”. It laid right next to a statue of goddess Vakarine. Guess it might suggest that he is also the person who made them.

to the right of where the owls are near the pond in the middle, haven’t seen him in any other spot even though I know for certain there are 5 spawns

pretty sure the channel was empty
it was ch1
I probably had tons of ellom bells anyways

I think once you find him you can’t find him again, I haven’t seen him again, gotta check again at same time

I’ll post all his spawn locations later to help you out

heres his spawns that I know of with the times he was spotted at (going by people’s screenshots)

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. I had little spare time lately due to RL so I haven’t investigated much.
Thank you for the map! It’s very useful.

I was trying to look for Troubadour once a while but no luck so far. There’s little chance to meet him unless I camp the map 24/7. Either that or perhaps it’s my mistake that I am switching channels while searching.

I was finally able to complete that Tesla-related quest at Storage Quarter. It turns out that I was just not able to talk to a ghost with mouse control. After switching to keyboard I was able to start the quest and complete it without problems. There seems to be an inconsistency with translation. The quest is called “Freedom (2)” but on quests list it is displayed as “Emancipation”.
There was one more hidden quest where I had to visit Tesla. It’s started with Amanda Grave Robbers at Fortress Battlegrounds. It didn’t seem relevant however.

I’ve been trying to do the Saknis Plains gimmick. It’s a PAIN to do. I spent half a day there and I was not able to complete it.
As I guessed it’s necessary to kill mobs on the entire lower half of them map in order to have them respawn near the gimmick stone.
I have lots of knockbacks on my swordman and that’s been a huge help in dragging monsters around but that was still not enough. I guess the only reliable way to complete this is getting lucky with a red clover mob… which I was. The red mob spawned within knockback-dragging range of the stone. I was SOOO close until I saw it get killed by a random newbie - the ONLY other player who has showed up on this map the entire time I was there! T_T Sorry… I just wanted to share this dramatic story… I was so unlucky it’s unbelievable.
I’m gonna give this gimmick a shot again sometime. I want to make sure what the reward is. If it’s another useless buff or a stamina pill like all the other gimmicks it’s gonna be a clear, definitive proof that ToS devs are plain sadistic.

Recently I completed Grynas area quests. Did some gimmicks there too.
There is one spot that caught my attention:

Grynas Trails Interaction

grynastrails

I haven’t seen it being used by any of this maps’ gimmicks or quests.

One more thing which I’m occasionally checking out are the graves at Karolis’ Springs. Nothing happened there so far though.

1 Like

i went and saw that spot in grynas, there’s definitely something there, haven’t seen anything spawn though

also the graves in karolis aren’t related to having all 3 karolis books, or doing the karolis quests, it might be doing all the owl maps or doing a bunch of questlines

Today in Kateen

1 Like

wow he showed up? thats a new spawn point didn’t know about that