Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

Does it seem more like he spawns in the mornings?

1 Like

There’s also an Owl Statue in Guards Graveyard

It is used as a gimmick to get the Watcher set, maybe wearing the set has something to do with the Trombadour/Sensitive Owl? https://tos.guru/itos/database/equipment/532153

I think someone has mentioned trying interactions while wearing that set already.
We can never be too sure though so feel free to give it a shot.

Here’s how I feel investigating blessspots with recordings:
five_nights_at_kateen

8 Likes

After completing the quest, these dead soldiers are still waiting for the owl to take their souls away… Maybe there’s a way to actually do that?

wouu tanta dedicacion <3

I’ve been investigating blessspots some more.
It seems that they are often being used for standard quests, especialy for boss fights or cutscenes.
Some of them are clearly not related to any quests though.
(Here I’d like to mention that LeBear is a blessing!)

From the blessspots I posted so far:

• most probably the blessspot in Owls Burial Ground is related to the Throneweaver boss fight.
  • two of the three blessspots in Entrance of Kateen Forest are related to Saltister fight and rescuing a soldier.
  • third blessspots at Entrance of Kateen Forest, which is near Purple Fountain might not be related with a quest, though I can’t be sure about it.

There are a few interesting blessspots that I found at Karolis Springs.
I have a separate topic about Karolis Springs here.

am wondering it the date has something to do with it…

Also has anyone tried playing flute with pied piper and now that my theory of it having more spawn points was confirmed, maybe one need to interact with Troubadour on all his locations…

I’m gonna try out the Detector item at several spots, I know its basically just a item version of scout’s scan, but worth a shot

1 Like

I’m happy to see interest around gimmicks and quests, but I’m pretty sure the owl quests were axed, just like Sculptor Hilda…

@DrRM I saw another player trying to play Pied Piper notes and use skills near Troubadour. He was not impressed.

@venetiansnare Using Detector would be nice. Maybe you can find something.
Please be sure to try it at the suspicious interactions (multiple in south-eastern part of Poslinkis Forest - you can detect them with cursor) and blessspots (one in Entrance of Kateen Forest, five at Karolis Springs).
Although I can tell that Blessing doesn’t detect everything, e.g. treasure chests.

@Amber_Rei There’s always the chance that it’s all something unfinished but there’s also a fact that ToS does have hidden quests. There might still be some of those that no one has figured out yet. It’s worth a shot as long as there are ideas which we haven’t tried yet.
Sculptor Hilda quests are clearly disabled according to info on Tosbase. There are also multiple disabled quests related to Owls. However, you can’t say that about Troubadour, Sensitive Owl or Boulder.

Pied piper was added to the game so much later, I doubt he’d have anything to do with this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone tried OOBing, sorc riding, or kino teleporting to the other side of the boulder?

I’ve tried kino warping it, it warps you back no matter what like a invisible barrier

1 Like

Has anyone played around with zoomy camera to see what’s inside the boulder? (If thats even possible)

I thought about it but I uninstalled it, will install again and try it…

I’ve seen Sensitive Owl at 2:10pm.
It stayed 5 minutes as usual.
I entered Saknis Plains ~4.5 hours earlier.

I’ll try to investigate spawning times some more.
It is easier and more accurate now that I’ve started recording videos.

1 Like

Have you noticed any pattern to his spawn times?

I managed to record an entire One Night at Kateen Forest of owl jumpscares without being kicked out of the channel.

Owl showed up at:

• 2:10pm
  • 6:50pm (4:35 after previous)
  • 11:28pm (4:33 after previous)
  • 4:27am (4:54 after previous)

It seems like it’s spawning time is 4.5 + random 0.5 hours.
I think it’s safer to assume that this might be 4.0 + random 1 hour.
Timer probably counts from channel start time.

2 Likes

The boulder is at the end of a road that leads nowhere. Clearly that’s some abandoned or not yet implemented area.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that.
ToS maps have lots of potential map exit paths that don’t lead anywhere. They are probably left for new maps that will be added in the future. These not-yet-implemented exit paths don’t have boulders.

I’d say that perhaps getting past the boulder might not necessarily be as important as just getting rid of it somehow.
There’s many possible things that could happen: something spawns in it’s place, NPC comes from that path, some NPC is grateful for clearing the road, you get a stamina buff for 15 minutes. Who knows?

1 Like

Sad, do you even have evidence that the Kateen Flower is there / obtainable ? Or anything leading into solving the mystery? Huh
I preciate everyone who is doing this,
But if you guys have no data mined stuff, no strings and or variables found it’s just a abandoned quest.
IMC also not very helpful with this.
They could give you hint that it’s possible but they like to act like stupid and tell you it’s a mystery to be solved. (What if there’s nothing to solve?) thanks for wasting my time and effort like always :slight_smile:

2 Likes