Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

Well, some aren’t parts of quests (explaining owl as one example). There are certainly some owls that show up on the map after you talk to them that were never a part of a quest, in my run around last night I actually saw one or two that were then added to the map, but I’d done all the quests in the area ages ago.

I also noticed that a few of the signs in Dvasia show up on the map when you talk to it, maybe it’s like that one hidden quest to talk to every sign in Siauliai/Klai.

I also do think that Sunset Flag might be part of it, given the whole “everyone on the map has actually been dead the entire time” bit… which involves all the characters from the preceding maps that the owls were involved with, doesn’t it?

I’ve been camping that spot in Owls Burial Ground which I detected with Blessing.
Spent 10 hours or so (might be even 12) and I’m very sure nothing has showed up there the entire time.
Guess whatever is in there it probably needs some extra condition (unless it spawns for less than 10 seconds and I missed it in video).

While at it, I came up with a nice trick to help with investigating these secrets.
I used game recording while I left the client overnight and watched it later in fast-forward.
5 hours of game time took 2,5GB of disk space in minimum game resolution (1024x768).
We could use this trick to help us investigate NPC spawning times, including Sensitive Owl.

Recently I found out about a book called “Gambler of Klaipeda”. It tells about a guy called Modestas and origins of Klaipedas goddess statue, which was carved from a boulder (triggered!!!) by a dievdirby who later left to Kateen forest.
Has anyone seen this book somewhere?
Another book that briefly mentions this story can be found in Pyromancers Lab.

1 Like

I cant find troubadour at all now :confused:

Gambler of Klaipedia it’s in Fantasy Library at the top level (valandis 92) in the spot you need to use teleport to reach

Fantasy Library has almost every book on the game up to that point…

I have it. I received it from Sage Master giving 8 ripped books to him.

It’s a very long book. More than 20 pages.

2 Likes

Oh. Cool! Thanks for the info!

Considering that Kateen forest secret is most probably older than Sage Master I’d assume that this means that the book is not involved in the end.
I’ll probably get it eventualy to be sure though.

Sage master gives books you can find on the overworld, I have read that story before somewhere…

1 Like

https://tos.guru/itos/database/books/690009 every single page + where to find.

2 Likes

Hm. I’ve read the book contents on tos.guru but that’s not the whole story.
Can someone confirm if contents of this book in game match those 80 pages from tos.guru?

Another important question is wheter that book can be obtained in some other way than Sage Master or Sauis/Valandis.
My bet is these two sources were added to late to be involved in Kateen secret. (Of course, I might be wrong with that assumption.)

@DrRM Please, be sure to let us know if you recall seeing that book somewhere else.

1 Like

Today I’ve blessed all the bushes and pebbles in Entrance of Kateen Forest.
With Owls Burial Ground that’s two maps. I’ve got two more to go.

Here are readings that I got today.

kateen_interaction3

I’ll probably be camping these soon
and this time I’ll be using my newfound surveillance cam method!
No owl sculpture sneaks past unnoticed.

1 Like

Troubadour is mocking me again.
:tired:

Disappeared at 6:40am
I’ve met him 10 minutes earlier or so.
His location is a new one.
I’ve been on the map for hours camping a “blessspot”.

1 Like

Does it seem more like he spawns in the mornings?

1 Like

There’s also an Owl Statue in Guards Graveyard

It is used as a gimmick to get the Watcher set, maybe wearing the set has something to do with the Trombadour/Sensitive Owl? https://tos.guru/itos/database/equipment/532153

I think someone has mentioned trying interactions while wearing that set already.
We can never be too sure though so feel free to give it a shot.

Here’s how I feel investigating blessspots with recordings:
five_nights_at_kateen

8 Likes

After completing the quest, these dead soldiers are still waiting for the owl to take their souls away… Maybe there’s a way to actually do that?

wouu tanta dedicacion <3

I’ve been investigating blessspots some more.
It seems that they are often being used for standard quests, especialy for boss fights or cutscenes.
Some of them are clearly not related to any quests though.
(Here I’d like to mention that LeBear is a blessing!)

From the blessspots I posted so far:

• most probably the blessspot in Owls Burial Ground is related to the Throneweaver boss fight.
  • two of the three blessspots in Entrance of Kateen Forest are related to Saltister fight and rescuing a soldier.
  • third blessspots at Entrance of Kateen Forest, which is near Purple Fountain might not be related with a quest, though I can’t be sure about it.

There are a few interesting blessspots that I found at Karolis Springs.
I have a separate topic about Karolis Springs here.

am wondering it the date has something to do with it…

Also has anyone tried playing flute with pied piper and now that my theory of it having more spawn points was confirmed, maybe one need to interact with Troubadour on all his locations…

I’m gonna try out the Detector item at several spots, I know its basically just a item version of scout’s scan, but worth a shot

1 Like