Tree of Savior Forum

Searching for viable Chrono, Thauma, or Kino builds

I’m having a hard time finding a build that I like as I haven’t played for a year so. These are my 3 favorite wizard classes (sorry, but I really don’t want to be one of those elememes @-@)

Chrono - Is there a good pairing with chrono that either capitalizes on it as a support role or makes good use of pass? Are the mats for the time manipulation spells super costly (aka is Pass no longer effective in builds because of said cost) .

Kino - Are the crowd control skills useful in parties or does linker vastly outweigh them? Does the attribute from Onmyoji make them viable together? Are circles 2/3 from Pyro and Cryo mandatory to have those ranks be effective for a kino?

Thauma -Honestly. I just don’t know what would make the best use of the stat boosts from them and does the attribute from swell brain require Wiz 3 Quick cast to be useful?

Sorry for all the questions, but I’m really struggling to find a build that I want to play :confused:

Hello.

For your specific queries,

Chrono: is indeed expensive. It’s around 2k per mat and other players report spending around 200k per CM run–however, since I’m still looking for the link I’ll have to get back with you on that.
[Corrected below by @Hmmmm]

While this indeed is expensive, its generally considered to be useful for parties that can best capitalize on them such as Physical teams due to Chrono’s ability to impart CritRate and drop CritRes. Otherwise, Chrono is used on AA builds and for Pass as a general boost to team DPS.

PKino: on the other hand needs specific builds in order to make it PvE-ready since its SkillFactor% ratio is generally on the low side. Shadowmancer at the tail of the build (my build) is ok since PkNo generally makes its attack spells more efficient (2x dmg on Shadow Thorn and Conjuration since Heavy Gravity renders flying targets as ground targets). As a DPS opiton, PkNo on its own could be better but there are combinations that work. PyroKino is the best example.

CC on the other hand is great. If your focus is simply to hold units in place in mob-heavy content like CM, PkNo does its job admirably. But, as I said, the DPS could be better.

Thauma: SInce your query involves builds, I’ll be inserting my remarks on the class below.

General Build Advice

Based on your post, you tend to favor support builds? If you’re fine with going for support builds, the most useful build that incorporates your favored classes would be either

• Wiz2Link3Thau3RC

• Wiz2Link3Chrono3RC

The above are most notable because they fulfill several important niches in the current meta and still have reasonable damage capabilities from Linker (Spirit Shock) and RC (Runes). However, the core component of this build would be Linker and RC in that between them these classes have some of the more important ways of buffing, debuffing and distributing buffs. RC handles KnockDown, Linker buffs stats with Lifeline and M.Atk with Spiritual Link (don’t forget to level it up all the way!), while Spirit Shock drops 25% of the opponents M.Def and Rune of Destruction drops it by another 15%.

Note that these are considered pure support builds. There might be some trouble levelling with these so if you have trouble, it might be advisable to use a meta DPS build (W3Ele) to level and then swap back into your desired build. Given that there’s a chance we’ll get another set of resets once R10 is out, you may want to consider this trick. Supposing you manage well enough, you’ll find that these classes tend to be favored in parties so you’ll always find a spot unless your buffs are already supplied by a similar unit.

Midway through the support-DPS spectrum are the following builds

• WizCryo3Chrono3Ench2

• WizPyro3Chrono3Ench2

• (Wiz2Link2)Thau3Onmy2 – replace classes in parenthesis as necessary. I simply favor this distribution

Onmyoji on its own could be considered as a purely DPS class and usually finds itself within the Elementalist’s suite of endgame options (Consider Wiz3Ele3RCOnmy2) . According to player testimony, however, Onmyoji truly shines only when it has built a sufficient surplus of INT and M.Atk, which lends itself easily to using Thaum as a kindof ‘pick-me-up’, especially when trying to hurdle the earlier parts of your build’s progress. It doesn’t hurt either that Swell Brain now gives QuickCast.

Otherwise you have the option of using the above above Enchanter builds as a team buffer with excellent buff coverage and CC. You’ll be a boon for any sort of team since Enchant Lightning, Enchant Earth and Pass are universally useful.

For the pure DPS side of the spectrum, we have

• WizCryo3Psycho3Ench2

• WizCryo3Psycho3Sage2

• WizPyro3Psycho3Sage2

Of the above, Pyro|Psycho|Sage is the most well-known. In order not to repeat what others have said better, I’ll lead you instead to their audience

For more info, follow the link below

For Thauma I find wiz3thauma3sorc1onmyoji2 really fun to play.

Sorry to hijack your thread. I’m also finding possible combinations for Cryo/Pyro/Kino/Chrono.

Which seems to be a better enchanter? Wiz1>Cryo3>Chrono3>Enc2 or Wiz1>Pyro3>Chrono3>Enc2? Cryo3 version can benefit from lightning hands doing more damage to frozen mobs am I right? But Pyro3 have enchant fire which can make my autoattack even stronger. Between Pyro3 and Cryo3, which one provide better CC?

If I were to choose Cryo3 to pair with Chrono3, I would pair my Pyro3 with Kino3 and vice versa (means if I pair Pyro3 with Chrono3, I would pair my Cryo3 with Kino3). I will end this build most probably with Sage2. Cryo3Kino3 have nice synergy with the icewall+PP combo. Pyro3Kino3 have nice comboes as well, with Heavy Gravity+Flame Ground combo and Fireball+PP combo.

I’m just looking for builds that are good and viable, and if possible good enough to play support for parties for the enchanter build.Which seems to be the better option

1. Wiz1>Cryo3>Chrono3>Enc2 and Wiz1>Pyro3>Kino3>Sage2. CryoChrono to provide freeze CC+pass & haste support+lightning hands AA spam. PyroKino with Fireball+PP and Heavy Gravity+Flame Ground combo.

2. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Sage2 and Wiz1>Pyro3>Chrono3>Enc2. CryoKino with Icewall+PP combo. PyroChrono with enchant fire to further boost my lightning hands autoattack.

All these will end up to be Sage3 and Enchanter3 when rank 10 comes. Once again, I’m just finding builds that are fun to play and do well in parties. I already main a elelock so these subs are mainly for fun.

Depending on whether Froster Lord affects bosses and stacks with other Freeze modifiers, I would pick Pyro|Chrono|Enchanter. Pyro ensures you have more than one way to deliver DPS and paired with Froster Lord cards, you’ll still be able to benefit from Lightning Hands’ elemental type. Froster Lord is both a CC and damage boosting card and at 15% (unlike the purple card’s 10%) its the best at what it does especially Pyro. Even better, when paired with Marrionette, you can stack slows. Not that its necessary given Chrono, but it gives you options in between casts.

Otherwise, go Cryo 3 if your goal is to have an AA support build. Cryo has very low SkillFactor% so don’t expect the class to contribute much to damage other than from AA. That said, supposing Froster Lord stacks with Freeze and the Frost Pillar Debuff, your AA will be much better than in the Pyro variant, the only problem being that the Cryo build will have far less damage delivery options outside of AA. Given that you will be getting Chrono as well, I’d say the amount of CC provided by the build combination is a bit of an overkill, but they lend themselves well to what they intend to do. If you stack them properly, you’ll be able to cover downtimes between each CC skill. But that’s just my personal observation.

Relevant:

from thread:

One thing you have to note thoughabout the above–and I’m more comfortable making this claim since I actually have one–is that you could do the same thing (i.e. covering the downtime between CC skills) with just Psychokino except better. Unlike Cryo or Chrono, Psychokino is both a damage class and a CC class. While the former is debatable (low SkillFactor%, etc.) the latter is beyond doubt. Rotating Heavy Gravity, Raise and Gravity pole allows each one to cover the other’s down-time. Even better, HG and GP do decent-ish damage to their targets compared to Cryo skills. If you go PyroKinoSage, this allows you to make use of DPS and most of all DoT skills (Pyro) in between casts. For example, HG works well with UltimateDimension and FlameGround while Raise can be used with DimensionCompression (you can even charge it fully). And Magnetic Pull works well with FirePillar since the latter has innate stunlock capabilities.

TL;DR to sum up, between the two, I’d pick PyroChrono and PyroKinoSage. I don’t want to give the impression that Cryo is dead, but I feel more comfortable with Pyro especially when PkNo covers a lot of what Cryo does on its own

Thanks for your reply. Sadly it does seem that Pyro outshine Cryo. Kinda hoping that they rework Cryo skills a bit to make them more appealing. Even flame pillar stun lock seem better than frost pillar freeze and it has lower CD.

Wiz1>Pyro3>Chrono3>Enc2 seems good. This video shows what it can do, mainly using fire pillar+flame ground and spamming AA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5ZJxHuuXM&t=1117s

Wonder how good Cryo3Kino3 is though. Apart from the occasional Icewall+PP combo, the rest of the skills don’t really pack much of a punch and I have to rely on Sage2 (sage3 when rank 10 comes) to get more firepower. Thinking of combos such as Magnetic Force+Micro/ultimate dimension or Frost Pillar+Gravity Pole double CC. Maybe even raise to charge up dimension compression like you mentioned. Hopefully the new Sage3 skill is good.

One of the two materials costs 2k (for Pass and Backmasking), the other is 100 silver. Its really not that much.

Pass is not needed for CM1-4. Spending 200k for one run would be crazy/dumb.
Pass is also not needed for other easy stuff, but should be spammed in VC at bosses and at many mobs.

Sable, and what would it be the stats and gear for PyroChronoEnchant? What to aim for? Any MUST HAVE?

Right. Thanks for the heads up. Striking it out.

The only really “necessary” piece of gear would be ones that give enough to reach 360 SPR to accomodate the fact that Chrono and Enchanter benefit from it. The best and most economical source for this would be Primus Raffye gear. If you can get 50 for each piece of armor and 50 on a Staff or a Masinios Rod, you can get up to 300.

Relevant:

Whether you will level as INT or SPR is up to you. If you decide to go SPR note that your damage taper off at the start of the levelling process so make sure your weapon is up-to-date. Since the benefit from Chronomancer does not exceed 2x when (your SPR) = (your target’s level), you can also go full INT at first since the you don’t need as much SPR to buff people at lower levels. This will of course be more problematic once you reach the 300 dg and the higher-level CM’s and similar farming instances but a few percentages aside, so long as you maintain sufficent SPR this shouldn’t be a problem. To demonstrate, if you have 300 SPR,

300/360 = 83%
0.83 x 2 = 1.7x of base buff rating.

Which is still quite relevant.

It’s important to note that now that we’re entering R10, we should take into account that the level range will begin to increase, further depreciating the magnitude of your buffs from chronomancer. Quite likely we’ll be getting some new and more competitive HG equips relevant to the 360 - 390 level range to compensate so watch out for those. Other than that, it’s a case of being lucky enough or being well-funded.

Wiz1 Pyro3 Cryo3 Enchanter 2 :D.

1 Like

Todoroki build. :haha: