Tree of Savior Forum

SEA SERVER - Ping what the hell? - AUSSIES GOT REKT

Move wasn’t postponed. You were given ample time to test out the ping, they gave out the IPs of the future EU and SEA servers respectively in order for you to decide if you should file for a server transfer or not. If you did not test it yet filed for a transfer, that’s your problem.

You said you’re getting 400ish ping on Klaip steady, so that 160ms is x3 better than what you were getting on Klaip. I myself had a standard 400-600 ping on Klaip and now I have 200 which is x2 better than what I was getting before.

If you think that 200ms is still too much, then you shouldn’t really have hoped for much since you are in AU and the server is for SEA, physical location in SG. If you’re looking for 20-50ms then what you should root for is an Oceana server hosted in AU itself.

For the benefit of the doubt, please run a tracert and I’ll check if there’s an obvious routing issue, else you’ll have to take this up to IMC & your ISP.

DID U READ OR EVEN LOOK AT THE DAMN PICTURES OR JUST COME AND OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND GARBAGE SPILLED OUT.

I posted a pic of TESTING THE SERVER with 160ms, i tested the server IN GAME RIGHT NOW AND IT IS STILL 400ms ! Screenshot proof above OPEN YOUR EYES

for me the ping got worst.

from my usual 250ms in NA to 350ms in SEA

on cmd ping test its 210ms which should be 60ms because thats what i usually get when connecting to SG servers. try to request for a reroute to my isp if possible

Can you check your latency (client_tos.exe) with resource monitor and see if it reports similar results? As far as I know, the in-game command isn’t accurate.

Latency will also be higher in town due to the game’s netcode.

Just use WTFast or Mudfish and your ping will drop greatly cos it will routed properly. I have Aussie friends who’ve tested it and it works.

1 Like

cant believe @wings_o2se said that…

yeh i used pingzapper and get a steady 230-290ping, but i mean i dont see any difference when i was in
Klaipeda using pingzapper.350-400… uhhh well i hope there are more aussies in SEA

usually play on US server with other game

i get easily 0.04 to 0.07 delay after the transfer to SG.

@aeroangelhehe
which ISP provider you with? and what city do u live in?

Are you Australian ? All my buddies on other aussie ISP all have the same issue TPG telstra and optus, if you are not in australia this does not apply to you !

The results of pinging the server and ingame are much different.

just keeps getting WORSE AND WORSE !

I can confirm this.
Living in Sydney here, 25 mins from the CBD.
This is my ping before the move:

http://s32.postimg.org/r9ba5mv05/before_move.jpg

This is my ping after the move:

http://s32.postimg.org/flsavlsvp/after_move.jpg

Yes Aussies got an increase in Ping after the migration (unless you live in Perth - I heard those guys are lucky).

Get about 280ms from TAS w/ ping zapper but it fluctuates from 280-350 was hoping for a solid 150.

WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS.

Are you in Australia ?! NO ? Then it does not apply to you CLEARLY.

Sorry for hijack the thread i din know it from Aussie… Peace

Raging retard.

If you think that 200ms is still too much, then you shouldn’t really have hoped for much since you are in AU and the server is for SEA, physical location in SG. If you’re looking for 20-50ms then what you should root for is an Oceana server hosted in AU itself.

For the benefit of the doubt, please run a tracert and I’ll check if there’s an obvious routing issue, else you’ll have to take this up to IMC & your ISP.

IGNORANT MORON.

I tested the ECHO server BEFORE i moved and made my choice TO MOVE based on the ping from the echo server.

Klaipeda server gave me 400-500 ping

ECHO SERVER FOR SG says 160. Clearly That is a better choice right !

NOW, after the server data is relocated to the echo server i tested, GUESS WHAT. The ping is still the same if not worse then the US server. Please go away.

At no POINT did i EVER get 200ms (other then the echo test server), at NO POINT did i ever say i expected 20-50ms, stop making up rubbish.

2 Likes

Canberra here. With Iinet. (tested with official ip with cmd, showing up results similar to what op posted)

Here are my stats:
Prior to server move(NA): normal connection is about 400-500ms, with pingzapper its about 300ms.
After server move(SG):Normal connection is about 300ms. With PingZapper I get 200ms.

However I do notice there is huge fluctuation with the ping with SG. Even with the lower ping, I often lag out with the message moving too fast or constantly rubber banding. While in NA, I did not have these issues.

Honestly I would probably move back to NA servers because there is not much ping difference (because I have pingzapper) but at least I have a stable connection.

Hey kid, run a fkn tracert and I’ll check it out for you so you can file a ticket with IMC and they can negotiate with your ISP and/or contact your ISP to check if they can reroute traffic to optimize the connection. Routing and peering is key here. For silly kids like you who don’t know ■■■■ about the internet, whining is the instant solution. That’s where good samaritans like me come in and try to enlighten you with the reality that internet runs on miles of cables for a worldwide interconnection, which distance translates to latency. You are in Australia, the physical server is in Singapore So stfu and get me the tracert, and if you don’t plan on posting the tracert to get help then by all means continue being a bitch whining child and continue ranting.

1 Like

Sydney here. Also getting a widely fluctuating ping but mostly worst than the original NA servers. When I pinged the test servers SEA was better. I guess I’d take a server transfer out of SEA if I could.