Tree of Savior Forum

SEA SERVER - Ping what the hell? - AUSSIES GOT REKT

i get easily 0.04 to 0.07 delay after the transfer to SG.

@aeroangelhehe
which ISP provider you with? and what city do u live in?

Are you Australian ? All my buddies on other aussie ISP all have the same issue TPG telstra and optus, if you are not in australia this does not apply to you !

The results of pinging the server and ingame are much different.

just keeps getting WORSE AND WORSE !

I can confirm this.
Living in Sydney here, 25 mins from the CBD.
This is my ping before the move:

http://s32.postimg.org/r9ba5mv05/before_move.jpg

This is my ping after the move:

http://s32.postimg.org/flsavlsvp/after_move.jpg

Yes Aussies got an increase in Ping after the migration (unless you live in Perth - I heard those guys are lucky).

Get about 280ms from TAS w/ ping zapper but it fluctuates from 280-350 was hoping for a solid 150.

WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS.

Are you in Australia ?! NO ? Then it does not apply to you CLEARLY.

Sorry for hijack the thread i din know it from Aussieā€¦ Peace

Raging retard.

If you think that 200ms is still too much, then you shouldnā€™t really have hoped for much since you are in AU and the server is for SEA, physical location in SG. If youā€™re looking for 20-50ms then what you should root for is an Oceana server hosted in AU itself.

For the benefit of the doubt, please run a tracert and Iā€™ll check if thereā€™s an obvious routing issue, else youā€™ll have to take this up to IMC & your ISP.

IGNORANT MORON.

I tested the ECHO server BEFORE i moved and made my choice TO MOVE based on the ping from the echo server.

Klaipeda server gave me 400-500 ping

ECHO SERVER FOR SG says 160. Clearly That is a better choice right !

NOW, after the server data is relocated to the echo server i tested, GUESS WHAT. The ping is still the same if not worse then the US server. Please go away.

At no POINT did i EVER get 200ms (other then the echo test server), at NO POINT did i ever say i expected 20-50ms, stop making up rubbish.

2 Likes

Canberra here. With Iinet. (tested with official ip with cmd, showing up results similar to what op posted)

Here are my stats:
Prior to server move(NA): normal connection is about 400-500ms, with pingzapper its about 300ms.
After server move(SG):Normal connection is about 300ms. With PingZapper I get 200ms.

However I do notice there is huge fluctuation with the ping with SG. Even with the lower ping, I often lag out with the message moving too fast or constantly rubber banding. While in NA, I did not have these issues.

Honestly I would probably move back to NA servers because there is not much ping difference (because I have pingzapper) but at least I have a stable connection.

Hey kid, run a fkn tracert and Iā€™ll check it out for you so you can file a ticket with IMC and they can negotiate with your ISP and/or contact your ISP to check if they can reroute traffic to optimize the connection. Routing and peering is key here. For silly kids like you who donā€™t know ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the internet, whining is the instant solution. Thatā€™s where good samaritans like me come in and try to enlighten you with the reality that internet runs on miles of cables for a worldwide interconnection, which distance translates to latency. You are in Australia, the physical server is in Singapore So stfu and get me the tracert, and if you donā€™t plan on posting the tracert to get help then by all means continue being a bitch whining child and continue ranting.

1 Like

Sydney here. Also getting a widely fluctuating ping but mostly worst than the original NA servers. When I pinged the test servers SEA was better. I guess Iā€™d take a server transfer out of SEA if I could.

Meanwhile in Klaipedia, the ping looks like this:

http://s32.postimg.org/7lkcl8k51/klai.jpg

I think Iā€™ll just reroll to Klaipedia from Australia, the ping is bloody decent compared to the SEA server.

At the end of the day I donā€™t care what region the server is labelled as, or where they say the server is located. I just want decent ping! :grinning:

I know for sure TPG has bad routing to SG servers, but problem fixed if i use pingzapper/battleping or programs alike.

However I do wish for an australian server, the SEA server overpopulates the 2 NA server combined nowā€¦ and the ping advantages exists if you are not in SGā€¦

Dude please. You know whats going to happen from that avenue of nothing, NOTHING.

TPG, Optus, Telstra, Iinet, Thats the 4 major ISPā€™s in australia all getting a different ping to the echo server, i can and have done my own damn traceroute !

IT STILL GIVES THE SAME PING AS THE ECHO SERVER

BUT the IN GAME ACTUAL PING IS NOT THE SAME INFACT IT IS DOUBLE IT AND PERFORMS AS DOUBLE IT even in an empty map ! I donā€™t need your BS you came in talking smack and have nothing to offer.

Here is the facts for you, The US server is just as good as this one is for australianā€™s, i went a week without using the market place, put all my eggs into a basket based off a test server they gave us and now i get exactly the same as where i came from only this one has far more non english speking people (not that i care, good for them hi-5ā€™s all around) BUT i could of just stayed where i was on a majority english server and now we are stuck here on a server which is worse then where we came from !

1 Like

From the ping i see you mention mostly is below 200ms while 1 is 230+ms.
I was thinking oversea online with this 200ms margin ping is still reasonable unless you are getting below 100ms in US serverā€¦

I take it back, running at 180ish. Not bad

Thailand here , My ping ingame is 0.050 - 0.060

before Talsiai moved to SG , I use mudfish to lower my ping too

I think something wrong with your ISP

or you internet is still in VPN services somehow