Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch

Thanks. I decide to go with ar3-ran-rog. But I don’t aim for high end gear so I still don’t worry about card much. Just knowing that there is spread attribute for caracole which I haven’t tested during reset event.

Why werewolf its so good? I dont get it

Let’s change the question.

1. What do you get with 5 Full Draw that you don’t have with Skill Lv.4?
  2. Is it worth giving up on potential Oblique Shot kinda rare usage for no real upgrade from Full Draw 4 to 5?

I wouldn’t put “4k%” on like that, it’s kinda confusing, really. Feels it can give kind of false expectations for its damage, especially since you almost never hits all 15 targets at the same time. But that’s just a detail in the end. Prolly doesn’t matter too much >.<

Editing the next paragraph to prevent misunderstandings: I’m not a native speaker so some things might be confuse sometimes, I apologize >_<

Sneak Hit is a skill that enables you to get higher critical chance even if you have low critical rate. Sneak Hit will add its Critical Chance to the formula so you get free +40% chance each time it succeeds but have the downside of requiring either attack while behind the monster or relies on Werewolf cards (capped to 30% chance of success after card patch).

I don’t have a Rogue so I can’t really tell if this is correct: But people tells around that it’s additional critical chance. Let’s say you enough Critical Rate which gives 50% in the formula, +40% from Sneak Hit would make it 90% but only if it succeeds as a rear attack.

It still won’t give you guaranteed crits but it’s definitely higher than anything you can do with similar investment in almost, if not all, other classes.

But IMHO the gain isn’t great since you’re also giving up on other cards usage such as Glass Mole that gives a burst. Both have pros and cons for SR and ultimately depends on what are you going to do with the character.

I was not referring to the damage done to 15 targets, I know that in practice you’re not going to hit the whole thing, but retreat shot fires once every 0.3 secs, I rounded off to 3 attacks per sec, then 147% x 30 = 4410%, the single target damage that could theoretically be caused, or something like that.

What I was trying to explain was that the 4000% do not represent dps, because even if you are in the best scenario and hit all the hits, to calculate dps you have to divide the damage by time; DPS: 4410/10; DPS: 441% for a single target.

I am a lawyer, so math is not my stronger side, I also don’t agree with representations that calculate the potential damage of area of ​​effect, in our case with 15 tagets 441x15 = 6615%, would give an even more ridiculous number. I didn’t even realize I was doing something similar, sorry for that.

@pathapol Some people make ar2ra2rogue1sr3 as well. And If you go for the to the path of ar3 remember that kneeling shot dismounts, so prob you shouldn’t learn this. Edit: I forgot to say, in the rogue1 tree only sneak hit doesn’t dismounts you.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m aware of that. Kneeling will be replaced with limacon anyway.
I’m avoiding ranger so I can take only c1 at most.

1. Other than increased damage I guess there’s nothing else to it.
  2. Yeah, when you put it that way, I guess not.

I guess I’ll just pick up a Lv.4 FD and Lv.1 OS for the last remaining points then.
Seriously, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

One last question though, If you were to pick between Lv.5 Powershot and Lv.5 Oblique Shot. Which one will you choose, and why?

Figure I’ll ask; what is the considered crit rate breakpoint for where yellow gems in the xbow are better than red gems? Sitting at 420 odd atm w/ Cafrisun and Lv5 green in Manamana. Since its not an alt, investing in Sissels or other fancy accs aren’t on the table. Would the crit rate from 270/315 blues make up for losing the extra line from Cafrisun as well?

dumb question here.

does red gem on subweapon(pistol) affects overall limacon damage? (I have a feeling that it doesn’t since red gems on offhand only adds to the primary pattack right? and limacon’s dmg is dependent on the pistol )

@LunarRabbit

Oops, I guess I should have quoted both posts, quoted only the last, sorry. It was meant for both and I kinda tried to answer fast since I was bit of busy :<

It didn’t sound like that after I read again but I was actually trying to agree with you, >.<

You mean Multishot? If yes, the hits are low but it actually can work a bit, I’d choose to not pick Oblique Shot since I already have Limacon for OS job.

Not really sure. I’m using Greens on crossbow, I have 578 Critical Rate without swift step, I kinda like it. Just by not casting Swift Step my critical chance seems to be way lower, at least in practice, so I wouldn’t even consider picking Yellows unless you can make up for it somehow. As for Reds x Greens, depends on usage, my main concern is ensure that Caracole will crit so I can do more damage on ET waves which means going with Green Gems.

Red Gems adds for Primary and Secondary attack. I actually can’t “prove” it right now but I’m like 99% sure, any confirmation to make it 100% would be nice to have though.

1 Like

Will increasing Dex increase the damage output of Limacon over the entire duration?

Probably, because the Critical Attack increase and Attack Speed which also means more damage per second. But it will have other variables such as if you’re actually doing criticals and if more Dex have an impact over your attack speed (which depends on ping).

I have some silver saved up and just ding 330 on my Ar2>Ranger2>Apr>SR3. Im trying to buy a gun, I can afford a manamana or a Blue HG gun, will need to farm to get better which should I go for?

Can you pay for the upgrades needed to go +13? The ups you want are either +8 (+11 with [overestimate]) or +13 (+16 with [overestimate]). Manamana has higher gains per ups and has more substats. The only thing the blue weapon has is higher base primary damage.

I know nothing about SR or archers. But I made a SR. Looked fun. I still have no clue what most of you are saying about stat allocation.

Is 1 DEX just 1 attack speed? If so, then isn’t a Chrono enough a partner with 0 DEX investment? Or is a chrono + a full DEX SR just insane?

Quicken Lv15 is 330 attack speed, which is exactly the amount of stat points we get for 330 levels, which kind of to me hints that DEX is the same.

Say that 1 DEX is 1 attack speed, well then how much this affects your actual attack speed? I don’t know.

What I DO know is that attack speed depends on the weapon in use. 2H weapons are slower than 1H weapons. Off hand weapons tend to be the fastest and if TOS is like many other games then attack speed doesn’t affect FAST weapons as much as it does SLOW weapons.

Only two classes who care about attack speed are SR and Corsair. For most other classes it doesn’t matter much if at all.

Crit Attack is a ■■■■ too. Is it calculated in the skills % values or is it added at the end of the damage calculations? It used to be. In the past all critical attack did was add a flat (pure) damage, that wasn’t affected by the monsters defenses. Which is why no one cared for it since it only even happens during a critical hit, and now critical has been nerfed to the point where you are lucky to reach 40% chance of critical.

Just trying to make heads and tails of this. I don’t think you can escape without at least investing 100 into STR for the accuracy alone, but even if you didn’t you’d have to spend 100m on your pistol alone to be able to function and another 50m into Limacon + Retreating Shot.

The other skills are nice too, but as far as I can tell only Limacon is affected by attack speed. Retreating, Marching etc. are not, they shoot at the same speeds with 0 or full DEX? I didn’t play this SR during reset to test these out so I’d love some advice.

For what I’ve experienced Chrono+SR(dex) insane atk speed. Bows are faster than crossbows after the rework.(at least was what I perceived. Quarrel shooter is about ASPD as well but it got kinda nerfed so running shot is more of a filler nowdays, but still a reliable boss DPS.

Is marching fire a recommended skill or are there better alternatives?

Hi again, @LunarRabbit. I’m kinda lost at the moment in terms of gearing. Assuming I’m aiming for a Lv.315 Orange Pistol, should I go for a Double Stack or just get a HG Lv.315 Blue Pistol and save the pract for Aspana (Lv.315 Orange Pistol) instead? I’m also curently doing 5f - 10f ET’s at the moment and currently using a clean Manamana for a pistol (yes, I’m such a cheapskate). Hopefully the extra bit of info helps. Thanks!

im in the same spot here, should i just use blue/mana +11 with 2 trans till i can put my hands into aspana ? also what crossbow do you sugest ? im using the lv 170 with +dex right now.

To answer you, you just need a place holder that allows you to farm reliably till you’re able to afford an Aspana. I chose to jump to a double stack simply due to the stat increase and increase in farm speed. If you think you can farm Aspana through with your current weapon, than keep it.

As for @Xerdie, if you think the 315 blue pistol is fine, just farm with that. Double Stack is just nice for long term. But if you’re pounding the pavement everyday, you can finish Aspana in like a week or 2. I took about 2 1/2 weeks to finish it, cus I’m lazy, but I enjoyed my double stack in the mean time.

you can farm reliable with just an double stack without transcendence ?