Tree of Savior Forum

Scheduled Maintenance for September 25-26, 2017

Missile Hole defending only 3 hits is ridiculous …
Any archer with Oblique Shot level 1 that has 5 charges can remove the buff.
If a Musketer comes INVISIBLE and use Volleyfire removes the buff.
Then use Headshot Snipe and the wizard has no defense against it …
No more control the mages have, even the controls are now all weak …

Admit it - missle hole was a damn nobrainer. Now sages would actually think when to cast MH.

So if you have a templar alt, you get a free rank reset to use on any of your characters?
Sounds fair.

You can’t send it directly to the Templar’s market tab or inventory because you don’t tools for that, but you also can’t send a rank reset voucher to everyone because that would make too much sense.

1 Like
  • Removed Lake Mission and Convent Scriptorium Mission.

4 Likes

Now sages would actually think when to cast MH.

Aside from Portal, Missile Hole is the only thing that makes Sage desirable in parties. It can even be easily dispelled in late game dungeons. In the Lv290 dungeon for instance, Mages and Archers easily dispels MH with their spam attacks.

Choosing Sage is already a sacrifice in a way that you’re sacrificing potential damage for support capabilities. Micro Dimension is stupid with its range. Both offensive skills can’t even hit flying mobs.

2 Likes

Sage are desirable in parties because they are usually cryo3chrono3
MH was a nice bonus. Now its not.

1 Like

Not everyone follows the meta, you know.

If Sage is only desirable if players follow the meta, then there’s something wrong with Sage. It’s pretty underwhelming for a Rank 8 Class.

3 Likes

Most of the R8 C1 are pretty bad, sage is not alone.
Being off meta is OK, if you can make this off meta build work. There is no glory in being off meta, suck and proudly blab oh, I don’t follow the meta

Don’t want to follow the meta? Break it and make the new one.

Manhole was initially a badly designed skill. One skill you can uphold 100% of the time that neutralize the whole class tree should not exist in the first place.

I really don’t understand what you’re complaining about… the change for Missile Hole is for PVP ONLY, it won’t affect PvE in any way.

Read again: https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1112

TBL Rebalancing (only applies inside TBL)

• Buff durations 1/3 for Sage [Missile Hole], Plague Doctor [Bloodletting] and [Beak Mask], Oracle [Counter Spell], and Chronomancer [Haste].
  • Attacks received with Sage [Missile Hole] now apply as 3 hits.

The only thing affecting Sage PvE performance is the new cooldown:

Sage
Missile Hole

• Cooldown and duration changed to 60 sec.
  • Buff range increased by approx. 50%.
1 Like

It’s classic whine before reading.

Sorry, it was a typo. It’s been fixed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wow,much bug after maintenance. I just logged in to see the supposedly U.I. changes but I directly stumbled over several bugs…

Edit: Bokors Wheelchair zombies are invisible after the patch.

Edit: strange, Hexing:Dark suddenly started to work…
Are you guys reloading the scripts in the background?xD

I apologize then for the error on my part if I committed one.

Edit: Oh, for clarification purposes I’m complaining about the new PVE CD for MH. My argument still stands.

1 Like

That’s what I’m exactly complaining about. The new PVE Cooldown.

Then use it like Priest’s revive.

It is an emergency move meant to keep someone from dying, not just an auto-pilot immunity to all ranged moves.

Heh. I don’t even have the strength to defend Sage at this point. I’ll probably just wait for R9 to see if I Sage is even worth keeping.

Keep in mind that the effect is getting more and more diminishing with the upcoming updates as the usual defence will see a steep rise in comparison to the monster attack (field bosses attack will be increased,though, to make them seem less miserable against the new defence values).

Basically all damage mitigation skills, that usually have high CD/short duration-ratio have lost lots of their initial worth (Gazing Golem card to counter knockdown/knockback, high defence gain from Pardoner buffs, increased equipment defence values, no reasonable scaling of monsters patk in contrast to matk although physical attacks can be easily blocked and/or evaded), so I guess it was only normal to have this happen to Missile Hole as well, becoming a miserable skills with diminishing returns and bad scaling CD-timewise.

I’m just waiting for Rank 9 at this point to see if Sage can be salvaged. If not, I guess I’m replacing it with Thaumaturge.

Something that I didn’t see in the patch notes: summer is over. We’re back to the original layout.

I just do not understand why only the Templars received Rank Reset. Almost all classes were changed, some were practically unusable, such as Sage, for example.
My Sage with Cryo-Chrono still serves to multiply the Frost Pillar, but my Sage of PVP is not good for anything, does not block archers (3 hits) …

Minimum knot should have given one Reset Rank to each character. When they made the change in the Summoners (Sorcerer, Necro and Bokor) they did not reset rank for those who had this class.
Why, now, this special privilege for the Templars?
@STAFF_Ethan