Tree of Savior Forum

Scheduled Maintenance for March 20, 2018

i feel weird
on one hand i get the costume fer free
on the other, frost pillar’s nerf came sooner

Same goes for people who advanced into Matador. If you plan to reset a char that has Matador or Shadowmancer unlocked from the event when the unlock was possible without completing the unlock quest, you’ll have either to complete the quest for real this time or get an unlock voucher. Otherwise, the class won’t be available to your char.

Does that class involve macroing and afking? :wink:

Wait…I know people demand unlock Vouchers to finally have Muak Thai included…But you really can choose those R8 classes?

Pretty sure that doesn’t exist. Nak Muay doesn’t have one either, and needs it more than these four quests.
Well, I’m not sure about Zealot/Matador, but the Bullet Marker and Shadowmancer quests feels really easy now after the changes.

Personally, I’m kind of lost on what to do with my CryoChrono, now that this patch is approaching. I like both cryo and chrono so it’s gonna feel bad to let any of them go. Any fellow chryochronos planning anything here? Ditching cryo to go full support, or keeping the cc aspect of the build?

1 Like

A friend of mine is doing Cryo2-Thauma1-Chrono3-Thauma3.

Snowball CC+some freezing skills from cryo, thuma buffs, chrono buffs.

Though the thauma nerf is also there so im not sure

I think I’ll reset my CCSage into PyroLink2ChronoEnchanter…

Sounds interesting, thauma should still be strong so I’ll keep that in mind. The new ice pike does look pretty good too.
@Jyabami
Linker does seem like a good contender for support build space with the new tools the class got.

Maybe I’ll just do a bit of everything and try making a more CC-focused mage on the side. Seen some recommend runecaster with linker too, for the rune of protection I guess? Will be interesting to see which utility circles everyone picks, until a meta is established at least.

Thanks, I probably scrolled past that before. The cryo3chrono3kino build does look solid for a more cc-focused support build.

Cryo is quite nerfed and with frost lord others players can freeze. I would think others builds. Do you want to focus on utility/support?

Yes, any decent support. For utility Chrono-Thauma and Linker-Thauma seems nice I guess.

As I said, maybe I’ll try a CC-mage as a side character instead if it isn’t worth it. Pyro-Onmyoji with Froster Lord cards or something with Cryo3, maybe.

Cryo3 is getting a ‘give and take’ I wouldn’t call it an overall nerf. Decrease in utility for a boost in damage is a decent tradeoff.

The pull on frost tree was way too strong for a rank4 skill. They replicated it with Onmyoji at rank8 and the pull is still not as strong as frost tree was.

1 Like

Psy 2 have pull skill.

I think it is a Nerf as we got alternatives for freezing and there are better damage classes, so the overall value of the class dropped, IMHO

As I see it though, you can’t always count on your team having frost lords, or having a class being able to use it well.

But I can agree that something like Pyro-Onmyoji with 3 frost lord cards could be a better damage dealer while also being able to abuse the frost lord effect. Especially since Fire Pillar is even better cc than Frost Pillar. Frost Pillar only lasts longer at lvl6+.

If anything, maybe cryo could be a solid one circle wonder? Ice Bolt and Ice Pike seems easier to use after the changes.

Perma freeze: The dream.
5 man cryo3-chrono3+2 last ranks for damage
All wearing froster lord cards (or 2 froster+1 hydra)
Perma freeze perma tree all pass.

Not optimal but i’d love to see it in action on CM6/7 lol

remember perma pressure…

IDK if for you it is more about survivability , but for me cm 6 and 7 have to deal a lot of damage to have time for boss

yep, we’ve finished cm7 without cryo chrono or any CC at all, just thauma and falc.

this is why I wanted to see a frost party, the last two ranks could be high single target bursts like ff or shadowmancer.

I’m already seeing solo vids of chaplain inqui AA builds abusing froster lords to finish cm7 solo lol

Yes.
Fire pillar 10s duration and 30s cooldown, and its stun affects elite mobs after wizard patch.
Frost pillar 45s cooldown and cannot freeze elite mobs. Cryo cannot freeze elite mobs in any way.
If you just compare pillar skills, then fire pillar is superior CC.

Cryo features 2 more crowd control freeze skills, ice bolt and ice pike. After some patches I noticed new ice pike did not freeze unlimited mobs anymore (cap at 8-10). New Pyro passive applies to staffs. Staffs have higher damage and 5 gem slots for 5x blue gem to boost magic attack. New Cryo passives apply to rod and shield. Better defensive option. They tried to help cryo damage by releasing agny version for ice skills but cryo does not have many multi-hits to benefit. The ledas necklace does not boost ice wall/ice shard damage, which is the best cryo multihit.
Also a hidden change nerfed cryo ice pike freeze chance to 10% at TBL.

Cryo is no longer a mob grouper but is the best 100% freeze application class on normal mobs to boost lightning damage. Zealots, krivis, elementalists, enchanters without frost lord card will like cryomancers a lot. Most players thought new big snowrolling would be a decent mob grouping skill but snowrolling still scatters mobs when it ends. If you use it from far to walk to mobs, you lose a lot of disable time and damage. Let mobs group first, then use snowrolling for max disable time and max damage.

Try cryo3 vs pyro2 (and cryo1 vs pyro2) after patch and decide. Personally I liked cryo1 and pyro2 for crowdcontrol after wizard patch. If you have frost lord card you should equip it and try the classes. You are building your wizard for PvE mobbing/disabler(not bossing) by considering cryomancer, so it makes sense to compare with use of frost lord cards.

Cryo function after patch: freeze application on normal mobs, (TBL) defensive passives.
Pyro function after patch: (elite) mob disabler, multi-hit class.

@Lostac that cleric build and this spot is fastest CM

3 Likes