Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

You have a Ph.D. in being a contrarian with every bit as little to add to these discussions as the next anti-reset sheep.

Except you somehow manage to do it in a way that makes people want to strangle you through the monitor so hats off to that.

1 Like

I would be playing the game instead of roaming the forums. but I’m at work so

Edit: this reply was meant for the other guy. Oops lol

You should just give up trying to reason with these guys. They’re never going to listen or change their hypocritical minds lol.

Are people making these threads now to gather likes!?

I’m really going now, but i will leave on this note. Sorry its so long, but it might make some of you pro reset people think about things. This is a quote from a different games dev.

"Over the years many MMORPG designers, me included, have employed various devices and mechanics in order to increase our games’ subscription base.

We removed points of frustration (I termed them “quit points” at Mythic), sped up the leveling curve (the argument being that games should not be harder to level than WoW), highlighted evolutionary or revolutionary new features to differentiate our games from our competition (extremely guilty as charged your honor!) and others too numerous to describe here.

While this has brought about some very good innovations, it also resulted in the vast majority of MMORPGs becoming easier to player, simpler to master and more “hand-holding” that their earlier brethren.

These mechanics include speeding up of travel time (Players: “I don’t want to have to walk 20 minutes to get into the action because it feels like we are moving through mud”), lack of meaningful and/or punishing death penalties (Players: “OMG, I died because your random number generator is broken! It’s not my fault!”), fast leveling systems (Players: “I don’t want to max my character 12 months from now; I only play once a week”), auction houses (Players: “Don’t force me to interact with other players to sell/buy stuff. I have to do that in RL, I don’t want to do that in a game.”), easy to follow quest directions with full signage included (Players: “I don’t want to explore the world to find this NPC. I don’t have that much time to waste!”), etc. Players of course, relayed those “Player” statements to us back in my Dark Age of Camelot days on forums and through feedback/chat/Q&As/etc.

Now, none of these techniques is morally or ethically bad (since what is challenging for one gamer can be total frustration for another) nor are many players’ desires for an easier and faster playing game; and as a designer/developer/player, I absolutely agreed with some of them. However, with the implementation of some of these techniques, much of what made earlier MMORPGs and RPGs unique and challenging was lost.

Many developers/publishers were and are so afraid to let the players lose, make mistakes, suffer any inconvenience, etc., that we have created a feedback loop whereby many players expect spoon fed content that goes down real easy, shown how to do everything, directed so they can’t make serious mistakes, etc.

This has in turn caused many players and designers to lose touch with what made success in earlier MMOs really mean something. There are a plethora of clichĂ©s that I could choose right now but instead I will focus on “no risk, no reward.”"

Stay strong IMC. No resets.

3 Likes

Since you guys do not know what minority means.

Definition: the smaller number or part, especially a number that is less than half the whole number.

56>44

And I said, as of now, it could change.

Well when we’re discussing vocal minority, it’s a coined term, meaning a small group of people frequently voicing their opinion

BINGO, You win!.

/20char

my point being we’re not small. But ok lol

WoW is not a viable comparison to TOS. Stop trying so hard to do it.

yes a minority ON THE FORUMS. not the game but forums. so doing this is not so smart.

I think it is pointless to argue about this. This is something that will inevitably be an option in game one way or another. IMC knows it does not alter game play balance in any way or provide an advantage in PvE/PvP. They know players would be willing to spend money if necessary for a skill reset.

1 Like

Hahaha, I really dont care either way. IMC will probably add this eventually just because itll make them money and that is the ONLY reason, not because of you 4-5 same people making the same threads on the same topics over and over.

I just like to see you guys bend logic/rational, it’s amazing and perplexing at the same time.

I need to turn off popup notifications when people reply to me
 It isnt about wow. Did you stop reading when you saw wow?

One thing I don’t understand is how people think grinding levels is some form of hardcore content. Hardcore content in mmos has always been endgame content, not the level grind.

2 Likes

TOS is in every sense of the word a casual MMO. Not offering resets for simple mistakes doesn’t make it hardcore, it just makes it poorly designed.

There’s a large difference, but it is funny watching people trying to own the no resets thing like it makes the game require skill or something.

2 Likes

skill reset you have now any way,we want a class reset.

of course they will do it for the money. we are not pretending any thing other than this.

The walls of text speak otherwise.

well people dont know what hard is. a lot of people think grind is hard.
hell google how to make a pokemon game harder and you will find how to make it longer.

1 Like