Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

Maximum reset 1 rank when it comes rank 8!

So what about people who donā€™t like the character they ended up with after hitting a higher rank?

You ā€˜likeā€™ your character, so it doesnā€™t bother youā€¦which makes you irrelevant in the discussion in terms of people who are affected negatively by no reset.

Players should only play a build that they enjoy in the first place. If they donā€™t and they only want the best OP class out at the moment, then they should take the time to look up what it is before playing. Itā€™s not IMC nor the communityā€™s fault that they didnā€™t do so beforehand.

Iā€™ll say this now. The meta build will always change when thereā€™s a new patch/rank thatā€™s released. Until all 10 ranks are out, people should just explore the different combination and learn the playstyles of each and every classes.

Youā€™ve been using that claim a lot as your base argument. Do you have any statistics or studies to prove it? I donā€™t think people have changed to helpless and immature crybabies to that degree. Quite contrary, my relatives started playing internet games when they were just 4 years old, so they have more experience and gaming skills compared to their ages than me. I find it hard to believe the younger generation would somehow have significantly less mental capabilities to enjoy challenges and gaining knowledge to improve their game play.

Itā€™s just that younger people are more used to anonymous internet forums and even the less wise and immature ones donā€™t get that discouraged to voice their less though out opinions. Iā€™m from that generation where people were still asked to shut up and stop embarrass ourselves when we gave stupid remarks. Thatā€™s why there might be an illusion that the younger generation doesnā€™t enjoy challenges and risks involved in gaming.

Well this is just my two cents (ā‚¬ cents, in case you want to know the exact value of my input :grin:). If you have actual knowledge about this subject, feel free to provide it. It would give more weight on your claims :slight_smile:

You can say this to any hardships.

Failed upgrades frustrates you?
100% Success rate on all upgrades!

Talt frustates you?
Arde dagger every dungeon run!

Death frustates you?
Remove hp bar, Players are immortal!

Leveling frustates you?
Instant lv600 potion for everyone!

Um, thatā€™s the entire point behind the pro-reset argument.

You canā€™t know how a build plays without actually playing. Hence the whole forsaken point of why people are asking for a job switch option of any kind, limited or otherwise.

It absolutely is IMCā€™s fault if people are misled in to a class that thereā€™s no method of reversing because IMC currently provides zero information on the website, and their in-game assessment of the classes, both in terms of skill descriptions and class descriptions is downright garbage.

2 Likes

I really like this mentality here, but after seeing a friend who works 6 days a week devote all her free time to catch up to me, I donā€™t know. She still wants to learn how to draw, read her favorite series, and take care of her mother.

To parallel something, we both play super suboptimally and enjoy it, and both of us love to play grindy shit, but I think thatā€™s fully because of our own personal preference and not as the game exactly intended (minus the grindy part, Iā€™m pretty sure the game was meant to be grindy). Like, I only had energy bolt until I hit rank 6. 177 levels of energy bolt. Was it difficult? yeah, was it fun? yes, but I wouldnā€™t force it on anyone.

I guess you can argue that people wanting circle resets is forcing another game structure on them shrugs. I feel like thatā€™s a lot less intrusive, though.

I hope you are at least level 200+ to say that you want reset job, because before that level leveling is not that hard to do. And if you are level 200+ how could you possibly manage to get there and did not see that you donā€™t like your path?

Thatā€™s why there is a skill reset but not a job reset. If everyone tried all combinations of the classes within 2~3 months worth of time thanks to the job reset, then whatā€™s left to do? This game biggest features are the numerous amount of combinations of classes that the game provides. Again, there needs to be an incentive to replay the game. Otherwise everyone would make 4 maxed out characters and never replay the game again.

1 Like

You cannot experience a class fully without putting a number of points in to it. With no class levels, you have no skills to try out the class.

Can we just get this straight?

You canā€™t understand a class without ever having played it.

1 Like

I think the best option in that case is to make 2 different characters. One for grouping and one for soloing when your friend isnā€™t on. I do that all the time.

I have a mixed view on Job Reset as it can be abused, for example, resetting their classes to have an OP bloodline once a new classes comes out. True, some of the community can messed up their build, mostly to those who expect this game has an easy learning curve (I did see a swordsman takes different circle on every job advancement). Basically for someone is new, they either learn from the forum or play the game at least twice to understand the mechanics and systems of the game.

Iā€™d say if they wanted a Job Reset scroll, make it obtainable through certain rank and can be obtained only once (letā€™s say Rank 7). Selling it on Cash Shop probably leads to disaster so Iā€™m against this. Plus, instead of resetting the entire rank, they could make it to reset at a maximum of 4 or 5 ranks. This should be enough to those whoā€™s messed up.

Itā€™s for specific cases, I think. i.e. someone not talking pelt and finding out that their experience sucks late game because nobody wants them in parties.

@JiggaJacks: ye, itā€™s a fair solution for my specific case, but many people, me included, get really preoccupied/attached to a single character and donā€™t like to switch around between alts and delete characters whenever for convienence. i guess we canā€™t have our cake and eat it too though HAHA

No

need20characterstopost

Iā€™m Bivalent regarding resets. But thereā€™s an issue that I didnā€™t see anyone raise so far.

Ok, you screwed up your character. Guess what, start over. Thatā€™s the main argument here. The problem in that isā€¦

Did you buy: a custom hair, a custom costume, moved any exp tomes or voucher, or something like that to that caracter that didnā€™t work out then you just got screwed. You simply LOST real money for no reason. A plain and simple waste.

Iā€™m sorry if you donā€™t value the money you have (or that your parents give you, as I see so many childish comments here), but I do and thatā€™s just not fair.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a completely different issue. Job reset isnā€™t the answer to that. Having those TP items able to be stored in the Team Storage is a better answer instead.

1 Like

i not frustrates with my class lol , i just thinking in other ppl

my build is awesome

Build the wall of NO JOB RESET.

No, thanks.

But I would like to have a bit more bonus XP for leveling new characters, your team takes a hell of a long time to level up.

yes you can lmao. I watched videos of steparuā€™s monk before using a monk myself on icbt2, I knew exactly what I was getting into. I read a lot about archers/fletchers/musketeers/rangers/QS before making my new archer.