Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

level up the easiest classes that are possible

job reset to the most hardest to level ones

go to the forum and cry that u can’t change ur first job

3 Likes

I forgot to give this guy a flag

you’re playing a game in a game? okay, please i wanna do that so I can forget all of my responsibilities.

i just think it’s unfair to have a job reset while alot of people already rerolled because they chose the wrong job. That’s it. and fyi im doing my masters and working in a bank. so… hbu?

big words, but do you know how to properly use them? got them from watching too much tv then you decide to use them for you to sound smart? and alot of people seem to back it up. so…

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Mr. Republican McDumbassery and I don’t support changing of majors while in a university. I mean, people should do extensive research first before they choose their major. If you were able to switch your majors back and forth so frequently it would make college too easy.

Therefore I propose a system where college students can’t switch a major unless they quit the school and start all over again. That’ll learn them.

Also, we’ll keep them forever in college debt thx.

9 Likes

I’m so mad that I didn’t think of this analogy first. Dammit.

1 Like

Maybe if the OP would state how he would like the job reset to work he might have some on his side. Just saying job reset isnt asking for limited job reset. We really didnt need another pro reset thread anyway.

Just because you cant comprehend what is enjoyable about no resets, doesn’t mean there is a reason to talk down on people.

It’s only enjoyable to someone who doesn’t screw up their build.

Prove me wrong.

In fact, let’s change the rules a bit. You are not allowed to have an opinion unless you’ve re-rolled a character from 150+ due to a build screw up.

Good?

1 Like

Yeah, definitely not a straw man analogy. Irl you can change you major to totally different unrelated fields also. Are you saying you should be allowed to change your character type too (i.e. from swordman to wizard) because you can do something similar in that analogy of yours? :unamused:

And by changing your major, some of your studying progress will reset too, because you might not be able to use some of your previous studies in your new degree you’re aiming. Would you, and those using the “but casual players…” argument, be okay deleveling and and declassing too, depending on how significantly you want to change your class? Because that would be analogous to changing that major. The more drastic change you do (like from mathematics to linguistics for example), the less you’re able to use your previously studied courses for your degree.

Go ahead and try to convince those whiny wanting it easy kids to agree with this kind of class reset. And mind you, I’m not even agreeing with this suggestion either. Just pointing out that it still wouldn’t be what most of these suggesting class resets want.

2 Likes

Very good analogy, I like it. Sadly though, if you apply it to this topic it falls a bit flat. If you have a degree in basket weaving does give you an accountant degree.
Your analogy works for skill resets but not the circles.

This is a poor idea but one none the less. Let players reset and stay the same base level but revert class level back c1 with (xy)% of bonus exp back to original level.

1 Like

If people don’t like the older mmo style class system i guess this game isnt for them. There are plenty of games with a lower learning curve and no risk.

1 Like

Plays Highlander for Catar2Win, changes later to Peltasta for Swash Buckling.

Laziness/10

1 Like

I think anything should be resetable given the appropiate ammount of effort.

However, I also think there should be limits.

It’s not a matter of Yes or No

yes to job reset is the same as yes to more p2w stuff… They shoud end the p2w in this crap game and not increase it

get all the casuals out and make this game B2P

Actually his analogy is perfect.

Your diffusion of his analogy is actually flawed because you disseminated it from an angle that is irrelevant eg. the ‘qualification’ aspect.

In school, you get a degree so that you can be seen as qualified for a certain job (or any job in some cases).

Ranking up in Tree of Savior is not putting in a job application, nor is hitting level 15 for a circle synonymous with “mastering” a class, so your observation of the analogy is flawed, unlike his actual analogy which makes a direct comparison between two similar functional systems that should, in all seriousness, possess the same flexibility for the same reasons. People sometimes find out a certain major isn’t for them and they switch. Does that mean they should have to start back in high school or begin as a college freshman again?

2 Likes

This is the worse analogy ive ever read lmao. In my university if i decide to change my major, im studying economics, to busibess administration/finances/accountance/enginering id lose…2-3 years of “progress” because the classes arent the same. Thats the same(or worse) than rerolling. Nice try tho

1 Like

Just no, that’s gonna be the easy way. I agree that not everything is understandable when you look at skills description but you can re allocate your skill points no need to job reset.

Yeah, I don’t think you get it so I’m just gonna be frank with you…

The majority of MMO gamers these days are casual players.

Casuals don’t like mechanics that piss them off, and they like it even less if it’s meant to be that way on purpose.

Said players will leave the game.

This ultimately makes IMC a sad panda.

If you care one iota for this game’s future, you should be heavin’ to the heavens for them to add some kind of system or function that allows people to correct small mistakes in their build.

1 Like

I’ll say it again. If people don’t like the learning curve I guess this game isnt for them. You call them casuals, so I guess this game isnt for casuals.

There are just as many people who don’t want resets as there are who do want resets. IMO class resets would ruin the game.

The only option I’m a fan of is allowing to reset you character back the the beginning maybe with some bonus xp.

1 Like

I still honestly do not see how a one-time single circle reset excluding all utility classes and with regrinding/some other consequence is harmful. i actually started out more or less against circle resets but changed my mind after reading some of the suggesstions lmao

I mean, for everyone extremely worried about the easy part, there’s still a severe and annoying consequence for messing up. I’d say regrinding rank 6/7 without the help of exp cards is more tedious than actually just rerolling, and rerolling is still simpler and gives you a more varied/fun experience than just resetting a lower level circle (which you can attain very easily in a reroll anyhow). It’s just for people attached to their high level characters who don’t have another 200+ hours to dump into an mmo whenever they please. Build variety is still protected, crafting classes are protected, etc.

I do think this game is meant for everyone to have many characters, but shrugs. the fact that people are expected to slot a reroll in their playtime just for trying out a game for fun is a bit off. like who does build research on a game they don’t really care about yet honestly and why is that expected if it’s not even accessible on the main website.

I don’t really mind if it goes either way, but I can’t see where all the hostility is coming from aha. I’ve always been one of those dumb nerds who care a lot about maintaining a game’s difficulty because I believe it just leads to better outcomes of community and personal attachment to characters but this isn’t really farfetched in a game that gives people a 600% exp boost for entering a dungeon with randoms. like, older me would have sent essays to the support box to get that removed HAHA

And for people going “lol then don’t play this game”- maybe this game provides an experience that they can’t get in other places? Isn’t there a reason we’re all here playing instead of some other mmorpg? ??? i mean you can argue that…rerolling…is a part of the experience but 1. it’s only a part that doesn’t even pertain to everyone and 2. it’s kind of a bad experience, but that’s subjective.

I don’t think it’ll ever get implemented honestly. it takes more work to implement it and the community seems very divided on it in the first place. dunno exactly how the argument lasted so long.

4 Likes

I have a character in the 160+ in iTOS that I know I screwed up on but am still playing because I enjoy the class combination. I know it’s not good for PvE nor PvP but I still tried it anyways because that’s what the game is about. Testing new combinations to see if it could possibly be the new cookie cutter build. I already re-rolled another character and am still having fun doing so. I also have a 260+ character in kTOS that I don’t like but still continue because I want to see if I can play that build to the best of it’s ability before calling it crap.

Keep in mind that there should be no excuses when it comes to time. I work on weekends and have classes on the weekdays and still am able to maintain a good grade. It’s not the game that’s boring, it’s the player. You should come into the game with the mentality of “Hey I don’t like this build. I’ll have fun trying this build out instead!”

Another thing to mention is that every class is viable, some builds are just better than another. The first group who cleared Earth Tower 5F in iTOS had a Squire C3 in their build. No excuses. It’s how you play the game. There has to be an incentive for replaying the game. If anyone can just job change whenever they want, then all they have to do is get 4 characters of each job tree to max level and job change whenever there’s a new rank/balance patch. That’s not fun and that’s not what this game is about. It’s a puzzle that IMC wants for us to play and solve.

1 Like